FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: How can you sleep with gunshots all around?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Burglar jumps out window when Flint homeowner fires gun
Published: Friday, October 15, 2010, 11:00 PM Updated: Friday, October 15, 2010, 11:47 PM
Khalil AlHajal | The Flint Journal
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — A man fired his gun twice and scared away a burglar on Wednesday at his home on East Austin Avenue near Martin Luther Kind Avenue, according to a police report.

The man was repairing damage to the home made during a previous burglary when he heard what sounded like someone breaking into the home again, according to the report.

He then observed a man, described as 6-foot-2, between 30 and 40 years old and wearing all black clothing, climbing into a hallway window at around 8:30 p.m.

He told the suspect to put his hands in the air, warned that he had a gun and then fired one shot into the air and one toward the suspect using his 9mm Taurus handgun.

The suspect jumped out of the window and fled, according to the report.

The resident, who called 911 afterward, had a valid concealed pistol license.
Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:18 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Burglar jumps out window when Flint homeowner fires gun
Published: Friday, October 15, 2010, 11:00 PM Updated: Friday, October 15, 2010, 11:47 PM
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — A man fired his gun twice and scared away a burglar on Wednesday at his home on East Austin Avenue near Martin Luther Kind Avenue, according to a police report.

The man was repairing damage to the home made during a previous burglary when he heard what sounded like someone breaking into the home again, according to the report.

He then observed a man, described as 6-foot-2, between 30 and 40 years old and wearing all black clothing, climbing into a hallway window at around 8:30 p.m.

He told the suspect to put his hands in the air, warned that he had a gun and then fired one shot into the air and one toward the suspect using his 9mm Taurus handgun.

The suspect jumped out of the window and fled, according to the report.

The resident, who called 911 afterward, had a valid concealed pistol license.

If I was a gun dealer I would send this to Taurus and see if they could use it for marketing. The quailty of Taurus has gotten much better over the past years I hear. Great job, whoever this intended victim is,glad he turned the tables around. I just wished he would have dropped him so we could have another punk off the streets. Hope there isn't a next time though.
Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:59 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Taurus quality has improved. My wife had a judge and I have one of their ultralight titanium 44 mags.

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:17 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man found dead from gunshot wound in Lapeer Gardens apartment in Flint
Published: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 5:04 PM Updated: Saturday, October 16, 2010, 6:00 PM
Beata Mostafavi | Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan — A man was found dead from a gunshot wound Saturday afternoon in the Lapeer Gardens apartment complex on Lapeer Road.

Yellow police tape surrounded the apartment as neighbors walked around outside more than two hours after the shooting.

Police were called to the scene around 2:45 p.m. after a caller reported that a man had been shot in the mouth and was on the floor in his hallway, according to scanner traffic. Detectives were still on site investigating after 5 p.m.

Police would not release any further details.
Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:55 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man shot while driving on Flint's north side
Published: Sunday, October 17, 2010, 6:53 PM
Allison Bush | The Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan — A Flint resident said he was shot in the leg while driving on Oct. 15, according to police reports.

The man had his vehicle stopped at about 5 p.m. on W. Moore Street, off of Dupont Street, when he was approached by a man in his twenties, reports said.

The suspect then pointed a gun at the driver and demanded money, according to police.

The victim put his vehicle in reverse, and the suspect shot at him, hitting him in the left knee, reports said.

The suspect then fled on foot, and the victim was taken to Hurley Medical Center, where he was listed in good condition.

There is no further information.
Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:59 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

25-year-old male shot in buttocks
Published: Monday, October 18, 2010, 7:38 AM Updated: Monday, October 18, 2010, 7:48 AM
David Harris | Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan — A 25-year-old male was shot it the buttocks on Friday night on Kermit Street near Pierson Road.

The victim told police that two males walked up to him and asked if he had marijuana. He said he didn't have any and turned around. He was then shot.

He was taken to the hospital.
Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:02 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man robbed while in elevator of apartment building
Published: Monday, October 18, 2010, 7:58 AM Updated: Monday, October 18, 2010, 8:53 AM
David Harris | Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan — A man who was riding an elevator up to his apartment on Court Street near Avon Street was robbed of $30.

The man was riding the elevator when a male wearing all black clothing and around 35 years old pushed the man and took $30. The suspect fled into an apartment and then fled the building.

There have been no arrests.
Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:04 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Even if that crook got caught Leyton will tell the victim that the crook isn't a bad person, he had just made a mistake.
Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:37 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for compiling this list. I can't even keep track of how many crime stories I read.

Here's what to look for next time stats are issued for crime in Flint:

Murders -- they can't hide those numbers. The truest measure of violence in the community.

Then take ANY other violent crime, and just assume that the number is FAKE. They can manipulate these crimes into more palatable numbers. Then there's the number of crimes that are not even reported because no one can take a report. I was horrified by the story where people watched the B&E taking place, but no one came.

SO next year they'll say, well, murder is up, but all other crime is down! It's some weird aberration! (Yeah, right.)

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:27 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Police searching for black Tahoe after Flint carjacking
Published: Monday, October 18, 2010, 7:38 PM Updated: Monday, October 18, 2010, 7:45 PM

FLINT, Michigan — A driver was carjacked around 7:30 p.m. at Brownell Boulevard and West Pasadena Avenue, according to scanner traffic.

The stolen 2002 black Chevrolet Tahoe was last seen going north on Brownell. The SUV has temporary plates and a bent rear bumper.

The suspect was wearing a baseball cap and carrying a 9mm handgun, according to emergency dispatchers.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:46 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint home burglarized while couple was inside on second floor
Published: Monday, October 18, 2010, 9:31 PM Updated: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 12:39 PM
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — A man reported several belongings stolen in a burglary that took place early Sunday morning while he and his girlfriend were on the second floor of the home, according to a police report.

The victims told police they didn't hear or see anyone break into the home on Frost Street near Flushing Road.

A 46-inch flat-screen TV, a Sony PlayStation, a Gateway laptop computer, a Nikon digital camera, a cell phone, and a black Coach purse were taken from the home, according to the report.

The couple's car, a 1999 white Grand Am, also was taken, but it was found running one block away with the keys in it.

There were no suspects or witnesses reported.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:56 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Theives make off with major haul of tools from Flint garage
Published: Monday, October 18, 2010, 10:26 PM Updated: Monday, October 18, 2010, 10:47 PM

FLINT, Michigan — A major haul of equipment was stolen from a garage on Brunswick Avenue near Fenton and West Atherton Roads between Friday night and Saturday morning, according to a police report.

"Missing is a 300-piece Craftsman tool box, another tool box with miscelaneous tools, a quarter cable pancake compressor, a Snapp-On timing light, a Milwaukee combo kit, a Crafstman 3-ton floor jack, an 8-volt impact drill, two jack stands, a high-lift jack, 2.5-gallon gas can half full, a grill accessory kit, a Fisher radio CD combo stereo and a Stihl Weed Wacker," the police report states.

The victim told police the items were taken sometime between Friday at 10 p.m. and Saturday at 9 a.m.

The victim has insurance.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:02 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Robbers run off with victim's pants and $230 after forcing him to strip
Published: Monday, October 18, 2010, 11:00 PM Updated: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 8:58 AM
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — A robbery victim was walking to a store when thieves took his pants at pathway between Miami Lane and Fleming Road near Pierson Road, according to a police report.

A man, about 6-foot-1 and in his 20s wearing a red ball cap and Donna Karan jeans, pulled a handgun and forced the victim to take off his pants, according to the report.

The pants contained $230 in cash.

A second man in his 20s wearing a dark hoodie stood by as a lookout. The two suspects fled north on Fleming with the victim's pants, the report states.

The victim walked home and called the police at about 7:20 p.m.
Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:05 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Flint woman leaves home for 30 minutes, returns to find car stolen and house burglarized
Published: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 9:46 PM Updated: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 10:08 PM
FLINT, Michigan — The victim of a Saturday burglary told police she had only been gone from her home for 30 minutes, according to a police report.

The woman had gone to a store with a friend at about 9 p.m. and returned at 9:30 p.m., finding her front door kicked in at the home on Cassius Street near West Pasadena and Martin Luther Kind Avenues.

Her purse and car keys were gone along with her blue and gray 1992 Chevrolet Tahoe, according to the police report
Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:50 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Woman confronts drug dealer outside her Flint home
Published: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 10:25 PM Updated: Tuesday, October 19, 2010, 10:26 PM
Follow Share this story
Story tools
FLINT, Michigan — A woman reported being threatened by a drug dealer after confronting him outside her home on Monday, according to a police report.

The woman observed a man in a blue 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe stopped in front of her home at about 6 p.m. on Kleinpell Street near South Dort Highway and East Atherton Road.

She told police she saw him selling drugs.

When the woman confronted the man, described as about 25 years old, about selling drugs in front of her home, he told her "I run this hood. I'll spray this (expletive) up," according to the police report.

The woman told police she is upset and afraid for her family.
Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:51 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: