FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Bill Schuette, as AG, will re-open the Adam McIntosh case

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Leyton Blasted From The Past Again
For the second week in a row, Republican Attorney General nomiee Bill SCHUETTE targeted his Democratic opponent, David LEYTON, over his background as the prosecutor of Genesee County.

Deb McINTOSH and Dan McINTOSH of Grand Blanc were the stars of the Schuette news conference today. In fact, Schuette introduced them and then just stood back and let them talk. When they'd concluded, he said, as AG, he'd open the case up again.

The McIntoshs' son, Adam, was killed in 2006, the victim of a shooting that involved three assailants. According to the McIntoshs, Leyton got them to sign-off to a deal under which Horatio BROWN, would plead guilty to manslaughter, and charges would also be brought against the other two individuals involved in the slaying.

Brown was convicted on the plea and sentenced to up to 22 years, however he could end up serving considerably less.

According to the McIntoshs, after the family had been virtually tricked into agreeing to the deal, Leyton failed to ever bring charges against the other two accomplices.

"He lied to us," Deb McIntosh said, referring to Leyton. "Our son was a victim of killers and then he became a victim of Leyton."

The news release that was circulated with the Schuette press conference was titled: "Leyton: Soft on Crime - Hard on Families." It was subtitled: "Mother of Murdered Son Says Leyton Broke his Pledge, Failed to Bring Justice."

Meanwhile, Leyton's campaign directed reporters to T.P. JOHNSON of the Flint Police Department. MIRS contacted Johnson by telephone and asked him about the claim that Leyton had promised the McIntoshs that he'd prosecute the other two assailants in exchange for the plea.

"I can't speak to that," Johnson said. "I can speak to the investigation. We made a thorough investigation of a homicide. The person, Horatio Brown, who confessed to the crime has been sentenced."

"I can understand the McIntoshs," Johnson continued. "Fortunately most of you won't ever have to go through what they have had to go through. If it were my son, I'd still be trying to make sure everyone who was involved in the murder was brought to justice. But there just isn't any evidence that could be used. Brown has confessed and said it was just him."

It seems clear that the Schuette camp is trying to undercut the positive PR Leyton has been getting from the so-called Flint-slasher case in which Leyton is prosecuting alleged serial killer Elias ABUELAZAM .

A week ago Schuette held a press conference that featured the parents of Flint murder victim Christopher Alan BROWN, who claimed Leyton had refused to prosecute the case, which was later won easily by Attorney General Mike [COX] (See "Schuette Smacks Leyton On Flint Case," 9/13/10).

Both of the past cases would seem to be potential fodder for TV ads.

"They got a plea deal," Dan McIntosh said. "They consider that to be a win,"

Deb McIntosh was even more cynical with her remarks.

"Leyton claims his prosecution rate is 90 percent plus," she said. "But he only prosecutes cases that are handed to him on a silver platter."

She told reporters today that her son identified one of the other assailants as the one who actually pulled the trigger.

"They told us a dying man's statement is no longer used in court," Deb McIntosh said. "We found out later that that wasn't so."

According to Johnson, he and fellow detectives had a two-hour meeting with the McIntoshs last year, which had been arranged by Leyton. But the McIntoshs claim Leyton ducked them for two years and only got a hold of them last year after he decided to run for AG.

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Dude confesses to an apparent 1st degree murder and gets a manslaughter charge ?? Shocked I wonder what the two other perps have been up to since they got to walk. Thats what happens when you have lib democrats running the justice system.

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:51 am 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

Twotap, that is why Leyton must not be elected as the AG for the grand (or formerly grand) state of Michigan. Plea bargains are not convictions. He (Leyton) lies about his record.

Post Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:42 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: