FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: ameriCAN not ameriCANT Rayan Eashoo is the M A N !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Jeff

I could kick Larry and Ryan's ass with my hands tied behind my back, blind folded. Why does Ted J. always cry about things????????????
Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:38 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Jeff schreef:
I could kick Larry and Ryan's ass with my hands tied behind my back, blind folded. Why does Ted J. always cry about things????????????

wowwww...you must be the big guy on the playground Jeffy..

that is so impressive. Bet you miss the neanderthal times when that boast actually meant something...but acting immature and adolescent is the next best thing.

now run along, get your blanky its nap time.

Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:44 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Jeff schreef:

Make Love Not War!
Post Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
DELETED

DELETED

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:18 pm 
John

I would like to Add Dayne Walling's name with Ryan Eashoo. They are both Young, and Ameri CAN's..
Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:34 pm 
Bonnie

quote:
Larry schreef:
omg i lived in a good neighborhood before it was boring. But even if i did leave i would still have the net. And i wouldn't let it stop me from coming here. And ryan and myself give each in our own way ill sleep well.PS i can take care of myself thanks anyway but negitive people are all over the web lets find some more positive people or atleast some willing to change and learn.

I agree, Larry and Ryan Flint's Most Positive Minds 2006.
Thats my vote.
Post Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:26 am 
CandyCane
F L I N T O I D

I don't think Toyota will come to Flint. You have to realize that Michigan is the third most unionized state behind New York and New Jersey. Toyota doesn't want to have anything to do with unionized labor. The UAW has too much power in this state that they'd never get away with putting a non-union plant in Flint. They are more likely to build an assembly in some impoverished area in the deep South (i.e. Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi).

The only Jap cars that are made in unionized plants in this counrty are plants that are in partnership with the American companies. The Mazda 6 is made with union labor only because it is made in the same plant as the new Mustangs (Ford is majority shareholder of Mazda). Two Mitsubishis are made under union laber in Normal, Illinois because their partnership with Chrysler forces them too. To my knowledge, no freestanding Japanese assemblies use unionized labor.

Even if Toyota did come into the community, there would be a fissure among the people here. Lets face it, GM was born in Flint and there are people here that would cut their nutsack off with a pocketknife before they'd drive something other than GM. I guess my point is that Toyota would be making more of a statement to GM, rather than keeping costs down if it wanted to come here.

I have to agree with the things Ted said earlier.
Post Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:32 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

"and there are people here that would cut their nutsack off with a pocketknife before they'd drive something other than GM"

owwwwwwwwwwww...

what about the females...do they cut off their boyfriend's/husbands's "nutsack"?

ouch.

Post Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:46 pm 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:19 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

No major manufacturing of any sort will ever be setup in Flint so long as those companies care only about the bottom line. It's not about Union labor its about costs of American labor, period. We're at $20/hour or more, and in Mexico or other countries its a small fraction of that.

There are companies who want to provide a nice living to its workers AND earn a good profit, but they are few and far in between.

For instance, Starbucks gives their employees benefits. And Costco is a big box retailer that takes good care of its employees.

I applaud Michael Moore's efforts to bring Nike to Flint. Sure it was for a movie but Phil Knight at least was given the offer.

Frankly, and American company with an image problem need only setup shop in Flint. They'll get instant good PR in no time.
Post Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:23 pm 
DELETED

DELETED

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:55 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Although Toyota would hate to be unionized if they built one plant like they did up in canada say for instance a Lexus LX460 plant they should not have to worry about our strong union force in this city for a few reasons. 1. Union members at Gm and Ford are at risk of losing their jobs. This would encourage Toyota's workers not to unionize. 2. In addition Toyota could have a similar situation like they have in Canada. If Flint wanted to Unionize they could close the Flint plant or slowly shift production back to Japan. If GM would have antipated unionization they probable never would have had such a heavy presence in Flint.

Flint has a very low cost of labor (for non union workers) we also have Kettering, excellent transportation and skilled experienced labor so there are reasons to consider Flint. We also have very high taxes though which would be a major reason for union and non-union companies to want to stay away.

As for the high costs of American labor there is also the high costs of shipping and the risks of tariffs so Toyota has been building plants in America. The Camry is built in America.
Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:22 pm 
CandyCane
F L I N T O I D

Adam, it's obvious the UAW has bloodsucked GM and Ford to into debt. They can't compete with the foreign car companies who all assemble most of their stuff in North America with nonunionized labor. Despite this tragedy, the UAW still has alot of power in Michigan. Getting away with building a nonunionized plant in Flint is about as probable as winning a lawsuit against a coal mining company in a West Virginia state court.

The foreign automakers prefer to set up plants in the deep South where they pay unskilled workers 12 bucks an hour while skilled workers up here who fetch 40 per hour sit idle. The bottom line is that companies want to keep costs down and maximize profit. They don't care that Michigan has the best manufacturing labor pool out there. You'd have to take seven southern states to put a skilled labor force together that would be equal to Michigan's. It is said the consumer drives the market. Apparently the consumer in the American market wants a car with a cheap pricetag made by joes off the street rather than a car made by born-and-bred craftsmen right here in Michigan that may cost more. There are tons of people out there who trade up their cars every couple years, but I think anyone who is in for the long haul will see the benefit of a Ford or Chevy. UAW does make sure their people are qualified and trained, I'll give them that, but the benefits and outrageous wages they expect in return are too much and killing the Michigan economy.

Heck, Roscoe is probably right. In twenty years there may be no cars made in the US. It is cheaper to make them in China and ship them across the ocean than it is to just make them here with our own labor.

Last edited by CandyCane on Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:28 pm 
JOHN

RYAN YOUR BETTER OFF FOCUSING ON OTHER THINGS. I DID SIGN THE PETITION THE OTHER DAY DOWNTOWN, BUT I DOUBT IT WILL WORK
Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:11 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam, it's obvious the UAW has bloodsucked GM and Ford to into debt. They can't compete with the foreign car companies who all assemble most of their stuff in North America with nonunionized labor. Despite this tragedy, the UAW still has alot of power in Michigan. Getting away with building a nonunionized plant in Flint is about as probable as winning a lawsuit against a coal mining company in a West Virginia state court.

Obvious to who? What Power? The Eighties proved they barely have any.

(tooting my own horn.. I’ve been saying this stuff for years, Finally someone with the guts to put it in a magazine)
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/06_07/b3971057.htm

Interesting. Blows everything you've just stated right out of the water.

Ever wonder how the Japanese do it? Build cars in the USA with employees making almost as much as UAW workers? Hmmm Ever wonder about how one Plant in the USA puts 10 million a year into the local economy with the wages of those workers. How does one CEO or Executive making 3 to 5 million a year equate to putting that kind of doe into the local economy?

Why don't European or Japanese upper management make Multi Million dollar Paychecks? Yet they thrive in the US in some cases even paying their entry level people better than that of their USA counterparts?

Let's see. When GM, Ford or Chrysler. Begin to plan or design a vehicle. One of the key components, to their plan is "How much they plan to make on repair parts" They design into their vehicles a life span. Normally, 45,000 miles. So Many of the parts on your brand new American made car by these companies has a planned failure rate.

So let's look at the Competition. They attempt to design their cars to last as long as possible! Hmmm notice any problem here? Why can I see every single 1998 through 2001 Buick v6 3800 need the plenum replaced within 36,000 miles. Only to have the dealer add stop leak to prevent it from leaking before your warranty runs out? Why do so many Chevy Malibu's need wheel bearings replaced with under 50.000 miles on them? Why do almost every GM aluminum Chromed wheel leak from corrosion from the inside of the tire? Hmmm, and why don't the foreign made cars built in the USA or overseas do this?

If it's the UAW that is blood sucking GM why do the GM vehicles coming from Mexico have more engine problems than those built in the USA. Yet still cost almost exactly the same? Plus have most of the same problems? Hmmm

Just a few things to think about.
Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: