FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Democratic election sign pollution in north end
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

It seems that the Flint elections office may finally be trying to eliminate all of the political signs, mostly Dale kildees and Deb Cherrys, that are illegally placed in the parkways, boulevards and even the parks all over the north end. The Court Street area doesn't tolerate this type of visual pollution, so why should the north end.

Complaints to the elections office and the Building Inspectors over the last 2 weeks were only partially successful. Signs were illegally placed on every major north end street and all over basset park. Signs removed from Euclid and Welch were replaced (still illegal).

The Nuisance task force doesn't even take the illegal signs from here. One of their members posta a number of illegal signs for the Metawanenee Hills monthly meetings. Is it really necessary to post dozens of small signs close together to announce a meeting? Even the African American event of last weekend posted their signs illegally.

Part of the reason may be the arrogance of those in the north end community that cater to the Democrats and want victory at any cost. Overheard in City hall: A member of the Democratic Black Caucus loudly declaring that city hall had better not touch those Democratic signs in the north end. This person did not care if the signs were illegally placed.
Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:14 am 
Stephen James
F L I N T O I D

[quote="untanglingwebs"]It seems that the Flint elections office may finally be trying to eliminate all of the political signs, mostly Dale kildees and Deb Cherrys, that are illegally placed in the parkways, boulevards and even the parks all over the north end. The Court Street area doesn't tolerate this type of visual pollution, so why should the north end. /quote]

I have to agree with you on this one. There are way too many illegal signs along the northside roadways. We discussed this while on our way to a secret “Good ole boys” meeting that was clandestinely called a “Family Reunion”. The campaign is taking action to correct this situation caused by overzealous campaign volunteers. Their enthusiasm is commendable but the methods need correcting. *See “Is it illegal or just dirty” Flint Talk Forum July 14th
Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Illegal campaign sign placement on the parkways is not limited to the north end, people. Nor even to the Democratic party. Judicial candidate and Ananich signs are on the parkway on 5th Street downtown as well. I'm inclined to believe it's simple ignorance of the law by the volunteers/supporters.

Edited to say all the Ananich signs are not now on the parkway, and the judicial candidate's signs are moved back, all but two near the corner of 5th and Grand Traverse. 1:00 p.m.
Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:38 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Word is Inez had her office call all candidates and remind them of the ordinance. Yeah Inez!
Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:34 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Why would democrats even need campaign signs anywhere in genesee county? Confused Laughing

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:38 am 
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

Webs,

Although I have not received a call from Ms. Brown, I did ask those that are working on my campaign where the signs were placed. A few sounded suspect. I am going to follow that route and any that are placed illegally will be removed today.

Thanks,

Lacy Wilhelm
Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:40 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

3 OF YOUR SIGNS NEAR COURT AND BRADLEY ARE IN THE PARKWAY.

North end is still polluted, but not as much. Basset park at Welch and Brownell seems to be almost every candidate, while Euclid and Welch once again has many Cherry and Kildee. These two are the worst offenders and their campaigns deserve all the fines they can receive.
Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:05 pm 
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

Webs,

You are referring to those on the west side. Court and Bradley? I found some by Court and Downey and removed some from Corunna rd. around that location too. I know those streets are close together, so I believe I got them all. There are only 4 more that I know of in that area and they are supposed to be placed on private lawns with the express permission of the homeowners. I will investigate.
Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:15 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The community thanks you
Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:20 pm 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

It is true, Flint City Officials are out in full force removing signs from Kildee and Cherry that are in parkways. Over 50 signs have been removed and destroyed or put behind City Hall. The City of Flint has notified the individuals and there respective campaign offices.

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
It seems that the Flint elections office may finally be trying to eliminate all of the political signs, mostly Dale kildees and Deb Cherrys, that are illegally placed in the parkways, boulevards and even the parks all over the north end. The Court Street area doesn't tolerate this type of visual pollution, so why should the north end.

Complaints to the elections office and the Building Inspectors over the last 2 weeks were only partially successful. Signs were illegally placed on every major north end street and all over basset park. Signs removed from Euclid and Welch were replaced (still illegal).

The Nuisance task force doesn't even take the illegal signs from here. One of their members posta a number of illegal signs for the Metawanenee Hills monthly meetings. Is it really necessary to post dozens of small signs close together to announce a meeting? Even the African American event of last weekend posted their signs illegally.

Part of the reason may be the arrogance of those in the north end community that cater to the Democrats and want victory at any cost. Overheard in City hall: A member of the Democratic Black Caucus loudly declaring that city hall had better not touch those Democratic signs in the north end. This person did not care if the signs were illegally placed.
Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintCityMole schreef:
It is true, Flint City Officials are out in full force removing signs from Kildee and Cherry that are in parkways. Over 50 signs have been removed and destroyed or put behind City Hall. The City of Flint has notified the individuals and there respective campaign offices.
So tell us specifically which city officials. Why aren't they delegating as they normally do?
Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:36 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

lacyw what are you running for ??

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

Steve,

I am running for State Representative in Flint's 34th district.

Thanks,

Lacy Wilhelm
Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:33 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The new blight officers are picking them up as they work their areas. Cops used to do this, but none are available.

Gonzales needs to work on some of his signs too.
Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:57 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Signs on Fifth Street/Grand Traverse area were pulled off their wires and lying on the ground this morning. That's more like neighborhood problems than officers or city employees.
Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:21 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: