FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Is Comcast office leaving Flint?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

That rumor has been floating around, especially after the company released 26 employees earlier this week without any warning. It has been said the employees were so angry, the police had to be called.

Is this because of the competition from Direct TV and AT&T or because of the population loss in the county?
Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:11 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Maybe their incredibly lousy customer service has something to do with the customer loss.

When they first offered cable internet, I signed up. The 2 geniuses they sent out to set it up couldn't get it to work. After an hour of trying, they left. On my copy of the work order, they had written: "Non standard operating system". WINDOWS??? Since they left the software CD and the instructions, I tried my luck. 15 minutes later, I was online.

Went to the office once to pay a bill. The lady ahead of me in line was returning a digital box that didn't work. The clerk said: "You're just too stupid to know how to use it". Then I saw the sign at the window: "$2.00 service charge for paying your bill in person".

Now have DirecTV and AT&T DSL. Couldn't be happier.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

Why can't we have cable providers in open competition with each other? It's worked wonders for satellite television consumers.
Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:29 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Hey, Why don't you contact, Lee Gonzalez, Debra Cherry, John Gleason, Brenda Clack, Dave Robertson and ask them why they didn't create real competition in the PA480 Bill they all claimed would bring competition and lower your comcast bill. They all said that it was supposed to create competition and lower our by giving AT&T special privileges over Comcast. You're starting to see the ramifications of what that bill was designed to do. Of which I know I informed all of them by email and some in person. I know Sally Haywood definitely let Lee know what was going to happen as well as Bob Leonard and many others in the public access community.

Now that they pretty much destroyed free speech using comcast I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't trying to figure out how to censor the Internet.
Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:

Now that they pretty much destroyed free speech using comcast I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't trying to figure out how to censor the Internet.

It's already taken care of. Obama can shut the internet down for 4 months for "national security reasons"
http://news.techworld.com/security/3228198/obama-internet-kill-switch-plan-approved-by-us-senate/?olo=rss

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Ok but he hasn't yet. These guys already did it and most people just sit back and accept it.
Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:29 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
It's already taken care of.

Eh, still just a bill thus far though it will probably be passed. I have really been enjoying the phrase, "Internet Kill Switch" or ideas like "shut the internet down" as though any one country actually has the ability to do this. Any act to cut off internet use to people in the US would only affect a huge chunk of those who don't really know much about how the internet works, the people they would probably want to stop would still be online having a party.

Besides, the president already has the ability to shut down every other form of modern telecommunications via the Communications Act of 1934. Where is the outrage over that?

I would be surprised if Comcast were leaving Flint - back when I was a contracted installer for the company it seems like some of our primary work was disconnects. I am sure they still make pleanty of cash off the suburbs and paying customers in the area. I would be more likely to attribute the firing of 26 employees to money saving measures - Comcast doesn't really care about the people that work for it, in-house or out. Though their profits may be down, Comcast does very well for itself in the area (or at least did a six years ago) and it is darn difficult to give up a monopoly for... what? Greener pastures? Wink

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:04 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: