FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Beware of Flint Police in Chargers!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
There's one occasion when i would open carry. If Jackie Poplar came to our block club meeting. Laughing
It's Thursday at 6 in our back yard, BTW.

Hell Dave, make it mandatory all attendees HAVE to be packing to gain entrance to the meeting. Screw Poplar, that .. and her sister-in-law should be both in prison. I guess she loves the peace that banning guns in D.C. had created. And for those who didn't know, D.C. had the highest murder rate for years even AFTER they banned guns, perhaps because of banning guns . Ms . Poplar should leave politics and make herself the center of attention by wearing new hats in public. That way she will be geting the attention she craves yet in a way in which she is no problem for the people who live in that city.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:10 pm 
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

Anyone else see the FPD seat belt enforcement team on S. Dort north of Atherton yesterday about 5pm ? ( 6-16-10) Is there a reason the upper ranks of the FPD want to expend their resources on this issue when Michigan State Police are in town busting drug houses ?
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:38 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

They get paid to participate in the seat belt enforcement. And yes the State Police and Feds are kicking ass in the north end with gangs.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:15 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

I would bet that the reason why the State Troopers and the Feds are cleaning house is because the FPD has too many people working within it who A.) have to worry about retaliation against their own familes by the drug dealers amd B.) many of the cops don't want to rat out on their "homies".
I found that many people who had cops in their families or who were related to Council members and other officals there got a sort of pass or "get out of Jail free " card. Some of the most obnoxious people in Flint were "connected" like that.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:12 am 
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
I would bet that the reason why the State Troopers and the Feds are cleaning house is because the FPD has too many people working within it who A.) have to worry about retaliation against their own familes by the drug dealers amd B.) many of the cops don't want to rat out on their "homies".
I found that many people who had cops in their families or who were related to Council members and other officals there got a sort of pass or "get out of Jail free " card. Some of the most obnoxious people in Flint were "connected" like that.

Shades of Oakland, CA! It really should be Flint's latest sister city. Their government and PD are riddled with gang member affiliates/cronies/relatives/friends, too. If it's true that this is the case, and Oakland's experiences are anything to go by, the ONLY way to take care of the problem is Federal involvement and investigation.
Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:36 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

At least some if not the majority of the Flint police seem to be good/great cops. There are some serious problems within the force. I don't think being understaffed helps and having poor leadership to help demoralize you will affect most any employee.

I remember one week were the urinal reported Flint cops were fired upon 3 times in one week.

Maybe someday we can have leadership like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHovl2ih1Wk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF1zEAUfQxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsPZo8I_GAg
Post Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:44 am 
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

who pays for the two flint cops that protect walling?

Post Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:40 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Here is another little incident that happened in the mid 80's that I added to my little book of Flint cop encounters that helped me develop my attitude towards the cops. My brother was riding a motorcycle ( all legal, licence plate and all) , well he stopped at the corner of Iowa and Leith Street, waiting for a break in traffic so he could proceed across Leith,when he caught some movent out of the corner of his eye. He turned his head to see a Flint cop standing right near his side with his revolver drawn and hammer back and pointed right at my brothers head. My brother raised his hands up , the cop told him to turn the bike off, which my brother did. The cop then ordered him off his bike, my brother complied. So after my brothe produced his license and all relevant information. the cop told him why he stopped him, When my brother had stopped his bike, he took the wrong foot off the bike and placed it on the ground to stabalize himself when during the time he was waiting for the break in traffic. This cop put a loaded revolver INCHES from my brothers head! For a simple traffic stop where the cop had the upper hand. My brother had not been speeding or driving recklessly , he simply had placed the wrong foot on the ground as he waited for the break in traffic. And for those who are not "in the know " about handguns, a revolver with the hammer drawn backward is very close to being fired, the cop had his trigger finger on the trigger. Anyone will tell you you NEVER put your finger on the trigger unless you want to destroy what is at the end of the muzzle. Not a smart thing to do, and certainly not a professional thing to do but that was what he had for Flint cops, not smart and not professional. With cops engaging in stupid stunts like this, it is a wonder Flint wasn't sued back to the Stone Ages.
Listen next time when I tell another true story about the boobs on the FPD.
Post Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:01 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

I stopped reading after "in the mid 80's". Did you say anything of relevance after that?
Post Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:22 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Sure I do! want to really hear my "stupid cop" stories from Flint BAH? I seriously doubt it. Tell you what, what don't you regail is us with stories of competent police officers in Flint, how's that? Tell us stories of cops doing their job in that town , tell us stories where they showed up in time to just to just get the information done correctly so a decent report could be made. Hell , that would be an attention riveting story ( providing it's true of course) . Tell us why Flint cops (both male and female) seem to suffering eternal PMS? Explain why so many Flint cops are incompetent and yet still hang onto their jobs. Why is that so many cops in Flint are or have been dirty? Why is that so many seem to be implicated in criminal behavior themselves?
Here is a more recent stupid cop story, happened in Janurary of 2005. I had to go to my dad's house around 8:30pm one night, I couldn't reach him on the phone and was concerned about him. So started to walk the 5 blocks over to his house. Just as I was coming to end of my own block a voice called out to me, I looked over at this fairly dark area near the corner (remember this is winter, by 8:30pm it's pretty dark) and I saw a figure standing there, the person said " come over here for a minute" ,I said "who are you?" no answer came. This figure started to come at me, I was manuerving away from the approaching person, not knowing who the hell it was . I was pretty much running at this point, I came to the intersection where there was a little more light. This guy was at an angle from me, in what appeared to be a dark Carhart jacket, he was white and all of a sudden said " Freeze ,Playa" Now I didn't know what or who this was, so I started to about take off running, when all of a sudden he started to reach to his right side, as if to pull a gun. I was thinking "shit! this asshole is about to get the drop on me" , and just as he was getting a little closer I say something hanging around his neck, it dawned on me that this guy may be a cop. I stood my ground and he edged closer, as he got closer I saw that it looked more like a badge on a lanyard around his neck. He had his gun drawn and the bade was more apparent. He got close enough to talk pretty easily and he asked "which house did you just come out of"? Well I knew he saw which house he saw me come out of, he was standing just a few yard away from the approach to my driveway. I indicated which house was mine, and told him "from my house,that one right there". Well it turns out, as he explained, that they were doing a raid on a house a FEW BLOCK to the SOUTH of my house. As I looked down the street I saw several parked on both sides of the streets , in half block or so placement from each other. Some were parked on the side of the street where parking was normally while others were parked on the side of the street where parking used to be ticketed . We got this straightended out, but what I thought was stupid is what he did was trying to call someone over to him in the dark, while he was dressed in clothing that didn't indicate he as a cop and that he started trying to chase after me without VERBALLY stating who he was. Who in the right very mind goes up to someone who they don't know, in the dark, ? And what intelligent law enforcement officer would attempt to call someone over in this sort of situation ,especially if the person they were trying to call over had no idea (like I had no idea) that they were a law enforcement officer? He wasn't in a marked vehicle, was not wearing a uniform. And why would a officer reveal that there was a bust going down BLOCKS away ? By the way, the person in this instance was a deputy sheriff. So I guess, for you BAH, you are off the hook.
This incident, very easily, could have ended up with me being shot, but then I guess BAH would say I deserved being shot for not going over to a stranger in the dark because I should have known he was a cop of some sort. So is this incident 'relevant; enough BAH or would I had to take a round from one of your brothers before it would be worth discussing? And the reason why I didn't report this incident is my dad was ill, that is the reason why he didnt answer the phone. So I had other things to deal with or I would have reported this. So smart ass BAH, going to call me a liar? This guy was an idiot! Going to tell me how I erred ? Going to tell me I should have gone over to someone I didnt know on a dark area of a sidewalk and talk to this person? Going to tell me I should have sensed this guy was some sort of LEO? very having a gun drawn on you isn't fun BAH, some of you guys in blue have been know to be quite ticked off when that happens to you,some people HAVE been shot for doing that by cops,right? So wave this one off BAH, I know you will.
Post Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:43 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

You got me... simply because I was forced to read over 3/4 of the way through the worlds longest paragraph before I learned the incident isn't relevant to your argument because it involved a Sheriff's Deputy and not a Flint police officer.

Getting back to the actual debate... I could relay countless incidents where Flint officers conducted themselves with the utmost professionalism and with extremely high levels competence, but I will not waste my time with someone who already has their mind made up. It is also much easier to shatter your lame "stories," than it is to type long accounts of incidents you most likely wouldn't understand anyway.

Lastly, I have never been on any "hook" of yours, so there is no need to let me off your imaginary "hook".
Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:28 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

How about - A young lady traded her dad's car for crack, then reported it as a carjacking. Officers, and dad, know what happened. Officers write up report as carjacking so dad can file an insurance claim. They didn't have to, but they did.

Happy ending - car recovered 2 days later in good shape except for missing faceplate to the stereo.

Even happier ending - young lady picked up for retail fraud in Owosso. Dad didn't bail out. Judge gave her a break, saying if she completed all drug classes & probation conditions, and tested drug free at random tests, record would be expunged. She did it, is still drug free 7 years later, married with a 2 year old son.

Like I've said before, in my life, I've witnesses ONE occasion where an officer was less than professional, and several where they went above & beyond.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:43 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BAH836 schreef:
You got me... simply because I was forced to read over 3/4 of the way through the worlds longest paragraph before I learned the incident isn't relevant to your argument because it involved a Sheriff's Deputy and not a Flint police officer.

Getting back to the actual debate... I could relay countless incidents where Flint officers conducted themselves with the utmost professionalism and with extremely high levels competence, but I will not waste my time with someone who already has their mind made up. It is also much easier to shatter your lame "stories," than it is to type long accounts of incidents you most likely wouldn't understand anyway.

Lastly, I have never been on any "hook" of yours, so there is no need to let me off your imaginary "hook".

Typical cop response. No accountablity, no work required.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:03 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
How about - A young lady traded her dad's car for crack, then reported it as a carjacking. Officers, and dad, know what happened. Officers write up report as carjacking so dad can file an insurance claim. They didn't have to, but they did.

Happy ending - car recovered 2 days later in good shape except for missing faceplate to the stereo.

Even happier ending - young lady picked up for retail fraud in Owosso. Dad didn't bail out. Judge gave her a break, saying if she completed all drug classes & probation conditions, and tested drug free at random tests, record would be expunged. She did it, is still drug free 7 years later, married with a 2 year old son.

Like I've said before, in my life, I've witnesses ONE occasion where an officer was less than professional, and several where they went above & beyond.

So assisting in making a fraudulent claim is a GOOD thing? Hmm,, think that is wrong, but okay. Was this woman in the second paragraph the SAME woman who traded her dad's car for crack? And if so was any money paid for the claim ? It is good that the woman did get off crack , from what I hear that is nearly impossible.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:14 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

1. No claim was made, the car was recovered 2 days later.

2. It's the same young lady.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: