FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Beware of Flint Police in Chargers!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

Ok, so the man who used the recording device got exactly what he intended...and yet you say "I would warn anyone in Flint area about using any sort of recording device to record any interaction with the cops there."
I would like to say that is a completely foolish thing to say or advise. Digital Audio Recorders are extremely compact now, keep it in your damn pocket. Do you think I meant to hold a microphone out your window? lol You absolutely should use a recorder if you are having issues and keep in concealed if you are worried about the officer finding out.
I am having a hard time still figuring out what is wrong with your brain... The guy recorded a cop, got his bad behavior on the news...in the paper...on youtube... and how did it not serve it's purpose? As far as the cops harassing your family, etc, etc... I seriously doubt it. You say "if the Police can look at everyone as a potential threat ,then it would be a good idea for the average person to look at the Police in the same manner." but cops do it to protect their own lives, and you do it because you are some asshat who used to live in flint with a chip on your shoulder and most likely some mood stabilizing medication in your pocket. Why not just treat every officer, flint or not, michigan or not, state or federal, with a moderate amount of respect not assuming anything negative about that individual because you have no idea if they are dirty or not. The one thing you DO know is that their job puts their life in danger potentially everyday, that's all you REALLY know. The rest is conspiracy theory and plain old scare tactic bullshit. Grow up, Get over it, You look like a dick, case closed.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:34 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Flint cops put their lives on the line? God that if funny! Shit, they don't show up anywhere in time to be ever in harm's way. Only way they put their lives in jeapordy is by eating at the greasy ass coney islands and clogging their arteries with fat. I will give respect to cops or the other punks in uniforms or carry a badge IF I ever see them doing anything worthwhile . Otherwise they get nothing but contempt. If they want to find sympathy they should look in the dictionary between shit and syphilis. If they want to be rat bastards like they are they should expect not being too well liked. And I say you take too many med if you actually like cops. Probably some not prescribed by a doctor. And if a person lives in Flint they are in the same boat as any cop. In fact that crooked sheriff of Genesee County ( Joe Wilson) once was quoted as saying farmers have far more of a dangerous job than a police officer. Even he could get something correct. I am grown up, I don't engage in hero worship. Cops are people who get paid to ,, to,, to,,what is it that they do anyway??
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:05 pm 
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

Looks like Walling is turning out to be the worst mayor in our history. He is making Don Williamson look good. If the election were today I would vote for Don.

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:14 pm 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

"If they want to find sympathy they should look in the dictionary between shit and syphilis." Really?? a line from Major Payne ?? You don't even live in flint anymore and you can't let it go? Did one of the officers touch you?? ya know...down there?? and YES I respect any officer of the law until i have FIRST HAND reason to do otherwise. Do you expect people to just disrespect and hate Flint cops because a hump like you says to? He said farmers have a far more dangerous job...probably because statistically farmer suffer more injuries and death?? So...you don't live in Flint, despise *all* Flint officers, and have a chip on your shoulder. Why?? please tell us what exactly happened to make you hate them besides your broad generalizations. Do yourself a favor and be honest too, I can smell a lie like a fart in a car. I bet you don't have anything except "my buddy said this...and I heard that...".
If something THAT horrible happened, you must have the officer's name, and if you aren't lying...there is no negative recourse to giving those names...and details. Plus you don't even live in Flint, so you can't be worried now, can you?? and before you say yes, remember you said *EVERY* other police department thinks Flint cops are a joke and a disgrace (or equivalent to about that), so surrounding police would never mess with you FOR them...you made that pretty clear...so let us know, try not to lie...and you never denied the mood stabilizers, and even tried to take a shot at me taking something "not prescribed by a doctor"...now that tells me that 1, you didn't deny it, and 2 you added the "not prescribed by a doctor" bit as to say I am on drugs and that's bad, but your medication is completely fine and doesn't mean you are a psycho...you are wrong.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:27 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Let's see why I hate Flint cops.. hmm,, could it be the friends of mine two of them worked over with a nightstick? Or how the the one who was about to bash my head in with a club because the little sawed off runt was actually scared of being on the streets, even his partner though he had gone over the line. And F you and that touching me "down there' shit! I wouldn't let a Flint pig get that close to me.
Okay, how about the pig who plowed into my friend's dad's car and tried to put the blame on my friend's dad? Or the drug cop on duty who was involved in an accident WHILE he was on duty?
Or how about Flint cops smoking dope behind a store on Lewis Street IN the city owned patrol car? Not enough for you? How about a Flint cop coming to your door when they weren't called and threatning to shoot your dog because she was barking at them? The cop had come to our family's door for some reason, knocked on our door,our dog was barking at them, she was IN the house and posed no danger to him. This pig threatened to shoot her! He came to our door and started to try to intimidate us. Oh, the reason for his "visit" ? Something happened down the street (somnething none of the family was invloved in) and he came to our door to ask us some questions. So he had no reason to be so very belligerent, he came to our house to ask for OUR assistance then threatened to shoot our dog for barking at him. Shall I continue..I shall
How about a cop harassing you when you walked down the street,,demanding to see your ID ,and when asked why he was demanding to see your ID he had nothing to say? Hmm,, and BTW, cops in Michigan CAN NOT demand to see your ID if there in no Probable Cause. There is no law in Michigan that states you have to carry ID with you at all times. And when I pressed onward with my questions he mumbled something about " curfew violation",,,all good, EXCEPT I was 22 years old and it was ONLY 8pm . Okay want more reasons why I hate cops ?
How about when a neighbor does something illegal and you see the incident and you call the cops,,, then the cops INFORM the people on WHO placed the call. The result of which resulted in harassment for over 3 years, property damage, threats, confrontations, attacks on friends and family members who visited the house,,want more reasons why I hate cops?
How about the track record of Flint cops? Let's see,, we had a real old fashioned shootout in the parking lot of the police department,,real classy department there! Or how about the general piss poor track record for the Flint cops to show when they were called, the terrible record keeping they engaged in. Still not enough reasons for you?
Now this isn't Flint cops but still indicative of what high class Law Enforcement Professionals we have been "blessed" with ( in case you haven't picked up on it,, there is saracasm there). How about ol Sheriff Joe Wilson? How many charges did he have against him? Why isn't his ass in prison? They had the goods on his ass but he essentially walked. If the average citizen gave false information on any government forms we would face charges for each and every instance of a violation. Not ol Joe! Nope, he got the proverbial "slap on the wrist" . Or what about the former Police Chief of Flint,, I forget which Dicks it was, but isn't he on tether for some illegal shit? STELLAR !
So Uncle Smack, I would say that the Flint cops and the Flint area cops and hell,even the Genesee County Sheriff's department , should be grateful that people don't roll around on the floor with laughter whenever or wherever they show up. I sure had a hard time not laughing at them .
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:16 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

And to answer your allegations about me being on medications for my moods, I AM ON NONE! People do have the right to be angry , and I still have family there in that town so I am still concerned about them. But they can't leave, their homes are not worth anything if they tried to sell them so they are stuck. Going to start mocking me for being scared for them? If you do you are a total asshole ( which is why I think you are probably a Flint pig) .
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:27 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Another point,, that expression about sympathy being between shit and syphilis in the dictionary was one my dad used all the time. He never saw that stupid movie.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:32 pm 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

Still not many specifics but I think I am trying to bet blood from a turnip. All I am saying is that people should to respect law enforcement officers until they have first hand reasons not to. I am sure you'd love it if every time a Flint cop pulled someone over they were greeted with "Hey F*ckBag in Blue, when is the last time your wife had an orgasm? If you don't know *I* can tell ya!!"
but it isn't going to do anyone any good to outright disrespect police officers in the open. Now if you said plainly, "be cautious because Flint cops in my experiences pull some ruthless shit if it suits their needs, maybe not all, but the few I have had to deal with" and explained situations that have happened, then who can blame ya? but your level of hatred for these people makes the point you are trying to get across as kinda blurred and a bit crazy sounding. I would still like to know if you have any names of the officers, for my own sake. and also, I know it's illegal to be I.D.'d for nothing, open carry is LEGAL in michigan, as long as viewable by 3 sides, and doesn't even require a CPL/CCW, and a cop is STILL not supposed to I.D. you if he sees you have an open carried firearm. Let alone because you were walking down the street. Do I think Flint cops as a whole are pretty shit?? Obviously so. Do I think there are a select few mixed in that deserve as much respect as you can afford to give? Absolutely. But why not calmly explain your experiences, ask if anyone has had similar issues and discuss the best way to deal with these situations and what precautions people may want to take to prevent the same situation happening to them?? It would serve a purpose! and I still say having a digital recorder in your shirt pocket, cup holder, etc, is a great idea...especially if you have a CPL or choose to OPEN CARRY a firearm. You may get a bit of an attitude if they see it or notice it, they may not mind you have it, or they might go ape shit...but you'll have proof of what happens regardless. You have to admit, better to have one, than to not have one, right??
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:34 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Won't give you the names of the cops because I am pretty certain you are one Unc. And like I said , still got family in that stinkhole town and I know cops are punitive shits and will harass them.
So let me ask you, with all the shit I see them do, why the hell should I give them any respect? It would be cool to see a unicorn but I am convinced they don't exist. Just like I pretty much convinced competent and decent cops DON'T exist in Flint . If they do they sure don't or haven't been around when I needed them. Yes it may be my perceptions, but in the case of cops, it is all perception they deal with. In fact, in the role of being a LEO , perception is about 80% of the battle. And from the git, Flint cops come out looking like the losers they are.
And duhh, calmly explaining the experiences I had with the cops is what I did. Got nowhere with that, and Flint has no real recourse for citizens' complaints with the cops. The Ombudsman office is a joke. So I am still angry because Flint cops have now been given more excuses to fall back on for being total screw ups.
I did give them chance after chance to gain my respect, and they blew up chance. As for the digital recorder idea,, good one,,if the pigs don't destroy it or "lose" if they do arrest you.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:33 pm 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

Yea if they don't destroy it, true... and I am NOT a cop!!! I am at work right now actually, and it's not in a patrol car!!
Why would I mock you for being scared for your family?!?!? That's a VERY far leap from anything I have said and honestly pretty f*cking offensive!!! My girlfriend is a Taxi driver in the Fenton/Flint area...so I don't think it's funny one damned bit!!
You obviously have your opinions and for what I am sure you see as 100% solid reasons! That's great, more power to you, but I just think you should let other people form their own opinions and not think they are buttkissers or cop worshippers for choosing to do so. As I said...not a cop...and if I was I sure as hell wouldn't be one in Flint!!! I only wanted the names of the cops to see if I could find any complaints that may be publicly searched on the internet, etc... Personally I think any complaints on any officer should be public knowledge, we are paying their salaries. My brother-in-law is a Sgt. in Grand Blanc, but he's a great guy, and a good cop!
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:43 pm 
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

why does walling get 24/7 protection but residents can't get an officer to come to their home after they have been robbed and attacked

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:32 am 
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

I was never a fan of open carry.The reason,you could be in line somewhere getting an ice cream,with your $1100 Kimber in the $135 Galco loaded with $1/round hydrashoks and have a punk behind you stick his $35 Raven .25 in your ear and make you brain dead.Thanks for the piece sucker..Neither is it a good idea to sit in your car wearing a pistol without a cpl, ( or have one on the seat beside you).Once inside the vehicle the weapon is concealed.You may have had a look at the kind of holster police officers ,armed security ect use.Double or triple retention.You know the reason.
If you have a need,in these interesting times to "show the flag" I'd just be very very selective of where and when.You're giving away a huge tactical advantage.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:45 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I agree open carry makes no sense when a CPL is easily obtained and you have the unkown factor on your side as well as allowed to legaly carry loaded in your vehicle.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is unlawful to carry a handgun concealed on or about one’s person or concealed or openly in a vehicle without a license to carry a concealed pistol.

A Michigan license is not required:

•To transport a pistol unloaded and in a container in a trunk of a vehicle or, if the vehicle has no trunk, the pistol is in a container and is not readily accessible to the occupants of the vehicle, provided that the pistol is being transported for a lawful purpose.

In order to transport or possess rifles and shotguns in a motor vehicle, Michigan law requires that they be unloaded and be one or more of the following: broken down, enclosed in a case, carried in the trunk of the vehicle, or inaccessible from the interior of the vehicle.

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:41 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

There's one occasion when i would open carry. If Jackie Poplar came to our block club meeting. Laughing
It's Thursday at 6 in our back yard, BTW.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

That would be funny I would have a handgun hanging on every part of my body.Both shoulders, both hips both ankles small of back that would shake the moron up ill bet. Laughing

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:24 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: