FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Loyd needs to check his facts!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Once again delricco loyd opened mouth and inserted foot. During the Williamson administration a position was eliminated for an apparatus technician. The individual was not a licensed mechanic and did not have an Emergency vehicle technician certification. A licensed repair service was required to make all repairs.

Loyd represented that this individual could make major repairs when in fact when this individual appeared before council he stated he could not. Loyd wants this position restored and proposed the city pay for his training to get the proper license (up to $100,000). This is an individual who has worked for the city for 21 years and does not have the proper credentials.

There are lawsuits and MIOSHA violations for fire truck drivers in accidents and not wearing seatbelts on the internet. Similarly, if the city allowed an uncertified technician and unlicensed mechanic to work on our trucks and an accident occurs because of faulty work, the city is on the hook legally.

The city eliminated most of these technicians because of abuses. They worked on their own vehicles using city property and tools. Tires and other equipment were stolen. There was a lawsuit alleging a fire chief had a repairman work on a church vehicle. These individuals make about $70k.
Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:59 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

And I will hazzard a bet that these people and Delrico have on significant factor in common . None of this shocks me though, back when the city had a great tax base more of this went on but it didnt matter as much as it does now. Two positive outcomes come from a weakened economic situation. people start paying attention better to where money is going and then they start cutting waste. As Gordon Gecko said in the movie WALLSTREET, ' Greed , for lack of a better term,is good, it clarifies and crysalizes " , well folks, it's YOUR money these people are pissing away, get GREEDY!! These bastards have been arrogantly using you and your cash for their own gain, time to stop them for doing this. Cronyism can't be tolerated anytime, especially moe so when a city is fighting for it's very survival.
Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:18 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

They don't care if they destroy the city, as long as the cash ends up in their pockets. That applies to most of the inhabitants of city hall as well as those behind the scenes.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

i cannot believe that during this time of financial turmoil ANYONE would allow this to happen. if they must hire someone, there are unemployed state licensed mechanics available . it seems mr.delrico has fallen right in line with the illicit norm.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:45 pm 
DELETED

DELETED
Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:24 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
TheDonSupporter schreef:
DelRICO is da man, for shizzle

Well give him credit TheDonSupporter, he at least can talk good for his bloods and gets them the jobs , they could be pimpin ho's. Well they are probably doing that too,gots to divesify in this economic downturn ya know!
Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:35 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I don't know who this Dericco Williams is or who is pushing some council people, but Scott Kincaid and Delrico Loyd are pushing for this guy to repair our fire trucks. He does not have a mechanics license and was paid nearly $80 k plus benefits to do minor repairs.

Lock stated staff determined he was not qualified under state and federal law to do the repairs and kincaid demanded to see the law. He said sometimes municipalities were exempt. The cost of repairs, including parts, with our contracted company is less than this man's salary and benefits.

Loyd wants the man trained at the cities expense. The man was a year away from retirement. You can't single out one individual in the entire city to train. The Emergency vehicle technician program is up to 2 years and the guy is not even a licensed mechanic!
Post Wed May 05, 2010 9:42 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

www.uti.edu/
Emergency Vehicle Technician Certification Commission
... improving the quality of emergency vehicle service and repair throughout the ... that will provide technicians recognition for the education, training, ...
http://www.evtcc.org/ - 6k - Cached - Similar pages
EVT Frquently Asked Questions
The emergency vehicle technicians' need for training, education, and recognition are the same as it is for emergency response and rescue personnel. ...
http://www.evtcc.org/faq.htm - 46k - Cached - Similar pages
Emergency Vehicle Technician Certification (EVTCC)
Feb 24, 2009 ... The Emergency Vehicle Technician Certification is a certification program that provides technicians the education, training and experience ...
http://www.fvtc.edu/evt - 74k - Cached - Similar pages
Emergency Vehicle Technician Education Requirements and Career Info
Students who searched for emergency vehicle technician found the following resources, articles, links, and information helpful.
http://education-portal.com/emergency_vehicle_technician.html - 74k - Cached - Similar pages
National Emergency Vehicle Training Academy National EVT Training ...
The Florida Fire & Emergency Services Foundation is extending one (1) scholarship to the National. Emergency Vehicle Technician Training Academy. ...
http://www.ffca.org/files/public/EVT_preliminary_program.pdf - - Cached - Similar pages
Post Wed May 05, 2010 9:50 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Kincaid wants to know what laws prevent an individual who does not have a mechanics license from repairing fire trucks. All he had to do is ask the Michigan Municipal League. They cite specific MIOSHA and other regulations specific to fire truck repairs. This guy told council in 2008 he had no license and couldn't perform major repairs!

Safety and Liability Exposures for Public Works Equipment GENERAL ...
A Service of the Michigan Municipal League Liability and Property Pool and ... machines, fire trucks, buses, snow plows, refuse trucks and tractors are just a few of ... The mechanic who routinely diagnoses and repairs regular production ... addition, state and federal laws sometimes have specific requirements for ...
http://www.mml.org/insurance/shared/pdf/risk_solutions/public_works_equipment.pdf - - Cached - Similar pages
Post Thu May 06, 2010 7:51 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

man....i've been gone 2 years and the idiocy continues.......i'm extremely embarrassed by this..... Crying or Very sad and i'm simply tired of fighting.... Confused

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu May 06, 2010 10:13 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
i cannot believe that during this time of financial turmoil ANYONE would allow this to happen. if they must hire someone, there are unemployed state licensed mechanics available . it seems mr.delrico has fallen right in line with the illicit norm.

Why would a good State Licensed Mechanic work the city on an hourly rate when he can work almost anywhere else and make three times as much. Thus the reason we have the Workforce down there we have.
Post Tue May 11, 2010 10:18 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

So, we should just ignore the law?
Considering the way the Federal Government ignores the immigration laws, we can only obey the laws we choose to.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue May 11, 2010 12:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
So, we should just ignore the law?
Considering the way the Federal Government ignores the immigration laws, we can only obey the laws we choose to.

Dave It appears you've finally caught on as to how government works. They only enforce the laws that are politically expedient at that time. What laws apply to you and me don't seem to apply to elected officials.

But as far as repairs to city vehicles are concerned. I would have a maintenance department that only did preventive and predictive maintenance. Most corrective would be outsourced. Of course, if the City actually knew what I was talking about and was doing Preventive and predictive Maintenance. The only corrective maintenance we'd have would be if a Vehicle was in an accident. Our corrective maintenance costs would drop dramatically. Then the City could correctly budget the whole maintenance department. Oops, but I don't have a degree so i'm not supposed to be smart enough to explain or implement such a program. Even though the Marine Corps allowed me to do it for 5 years.
Post Tue May 11, 2010 3:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

agree with ted 100% Cool

P.Y.
Post Wed May 12, 2010 6:35 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: