FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Is Wallings recall closer?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

RecallOmnis.org - Dayne Walling Recall

Many were reluctant to recall Walling because Eason would be in place. Now we know that according to the charter, one year or less allows the council to choose a replacement.

Sec. 2-411 VACANCY IN THE OFFICE OF MAYOR.
Whenever a vacancy occurs in the office of the Mayor, the remainder of the unexpired term shall be filled as follows:

A. if one year or less remains in the unexpired term, the Council shall within thirty (30) days appoint a person having the qualification for such office to serve as Acting Mayor during the remainder of the unexpired term.
Post Mon May 03, 2010 10:33 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

New recall language filed today.
Post Mon May 03, 2010 3:57 pm 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

I think the majority of Flint citizens will realize a recall is not the right path to take at this moment...
Post Mon May 03, 2010 4:00 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

You are not in touch with reality. Haven't you read the demands for his recall.

He probably learned his fundraising techniques in DC seeing he left right around the time the scandal started.

Board of Elections and Ethics Announces Hearings on Inspector General’s Report on Mayor’s Fundraising
March 29, 2002
Home

From D.C. Board of Elections and Ethics News Release Contact: Bill O'Field, 441-1121
March 29, 2002

D.C. Board of Elections and Ethics Has Been Requested To Determine The Outcome Of The Findings Of The Inspector General Regarding The Office Of The Mayor
Benjamin F. Wilson, Chairman of the D.C. Board of Elections and Ethics, today announced that the Office of the Inspector General has referred certain findings of possible fundraising violations in the office of Mayor Anthony Williams to the Board. According to the Inspector General, his office does not have the jurisdiction to determine the outcome on these matters.

"The Board's Office of Campaign Finance will review the findings specifically referred by the Inspector General on alleged improper fundraising in the Mayor's office." stated Wilson.

"However, the Board will not rubber stamp the findings of the Inspector General. Instead. the Office of Campaign Finance will evaluate the report. If necessary, the office of Campaign Finance will meet with the Inspector General and the panties charged in the report. The Board will conduct a hearing to resolve the matter, if warranted. and will draw its own conclusion on the proper means of enforcement."

"Recognizing that the citizens of the District of Columbia have been waiting for 14 months for a resolution of this matter, the Board will work with dispatch." Wilson further stated. "In November of last year, the Board adopted the recommendations of the office of Campaign Finance which were issued in a report concerning similar fundraising activities in the Office of the Mayor."
Post Mon May 03, 2010 4:14 pm 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

I thought the same thing up until recently. People are pissed off all over town and now today the Westerly winds were blowing all the smelly compost smells downtown! Couldn't even smell a Halo Burger!

quote:
Pachuco schreef:
I think the majority of Flint citizens will realize a recall is not the right path to take at this moment...
Post Mon May 03, 2010 5:04 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:
I thought the same thing up until recently. People are pissed off all over town and now today the Westerly winds were blowing all the smelly compost smells downtown! Couldn't even smell a Halo Burger!

Now, THAT'S serious!!! Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon May 03, 2010 6:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

No Sally , your out of touch. If we gave up on or recalled every leader faced with unpopular and difficult situations and problems, Saddam Hussein would still be in power in Iraq; places like New York City would still be a pit; and the civil rights movement may not have influenced our political leaders. That's the solution, let's recall every leader we don't like-- it's not! Look at the source of the recall and the people organzing them. There is always a political bias, whether it is union influenced, or by former employees/supporters of previous administrations like Sally Haywood(Untanglingwebs) .
Post Mon May 03, 2010 7:20 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

MR. Pachuco you need to realize that people hate that son of a ... I will recall him and tell everyone i know. people are upset at church and in my neighborhoods

quote:
Pachuco schreef:
No Sally , your out of touch. If we gave up on or recalled every leader faced with unpopular and difficult situations and problems, Saddam Hussein would still be in power in Iraq; places like New York City would still be a pit; and the civil rights movement may not have influenced our political leaders. That's the solution, let's recall every leader we don't like-- it's not! Look at the source of the recall and the people organzing them. There is always a political bias, whether it is union influenced, or by former employees/supporters of previous administrations like Sally Haywood(Untanglingwebs) .
Post Mon May 03, 2010 8:12 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

untanglingswebs is more intelliegent that you, she is intouch with people

quote:
Pachuco schreef:
Post Mon May 03, 2010 8:12 pm 
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Pachuco schreef:
I think you will be proved wrong on this ,and it may not be a long wait. The signs I see in Flint point to significant and broad based discontent with present leadership.
What is of more concern to me is that the city is around 3 police cars removed from anarchy.That thin blue line will almost surely snap in the warm summer months.If not befor.
I've just finished reading a book by Barton Biggs,,"Wealth,War & Wisdom."Lots of interesting ,recent (WW2,Korea) history,and some data on decision making.Surprising ,factual and a very worth while read.
Post Mon May 03, 2010 9:24 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Crowfeeder - Things got pretty hectic yesterday evening with things going on at Newall & King, Bonbright & Genesee, and Bonbright & Warren simultaneously.

Pachuco - The offer you've been ignoring to help beautify our block is still open. In case you've forgotten, it's the offer i made when you bragged about helping with cleanups.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:26 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

Come pick me up the following Saturday morning. Message me with your information so I can give you a call.
Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:31 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Pachuco schreef:
Come pick me up the following Saturday morning. Message me with your information so I can give you a call.

Not sure yet about this Saturday. We may have a family obligation & won't know until later in the week. As soon as I find out, I'll PM you.

Post Tue May 04, 2010 8:23 am 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

Alright sounds like a plan, just let me know, seriously. I may have some National Honor Society Friends who may want to help too.
Post Tue May 04, 2010 5:51 pm 
bluecat1122
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Pachuco schreef:

You're OUT OF TOUCH. This guy is completely running over the city and has to be sent the proper message from the people that they WILL NOT TAKE IT. And I'll support future recalls from politicians who can careless about the people once they're in office.
Post Wed May 05, 2010 5:32 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: