FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Should Central H.S. be sold to Powers,pro or con ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
pissed. visit brennan center sometimes. plenty of seniors enjoying games and other things. why do you hate yourself so much?? look at the things you write. are you currently in relapse?

No relapse here BA. I still find "community centers' in Flint to be the citadels for the scum of the earth. I don't know why your kind always have to have the gov take of your kids for your people. My PARENTS raised me by THEMSELVES , didn't take a government grant or "community center" The people need "community centers:" guess they can't afford basketball hoops AND shoes for their own offspring. Afterall ,they would have to give up drinking Colt Malt Liquor and doing crack for their own kids sake. And if their "daddies" can be found they are usually nothing but thugs anyway who can't remember which kid is theirs .And well know that every ghetto kid is going to find the way out of the ghetto playing Bball,right? Seniors I knew were scared crapless on the thought of going to a "community center". Basketball playing thugs hand around them places. Sure they play wholesome basketball, and typically carry guns under their bagg asses pants and will kill at the drop of a hat. So glad we disagree once again, didn't want to think either one of us had mellowed too much since we locked horns WEEKS ago.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:51 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
pissed schreef:
I agree wholeheardley with you lacyw! Amen ! Now we shall hear from the Domet weighing in on why this "gentrification" is soo wrong for the neighborhood. His proposal to use it as a "community center' is patently stupid.

You're just such an angry person, it makes your posts impossible to actually read through. Every constructive thing you have to say is so outweighed by your insults and general lack of thinking. Patently stupid XD.

Lacyw, I don't disagree with you, to be honest. The money issue is indeed something to consider. I guess when it comes down to it - Flint Central is aptly named because it is... so close to downtown, in the Cultural Center, right by the community college - selling the building to Powers, to me, is a band aid on a gun shot wound.

This is inherently the problem I see here.. we are at a point economically where we are willing to start selling bits and pieces of ourselves away without necessarily thinking about what we're doing. There is no overall planning, no long term thinking here - in the future when and if Flint becomes prosperous again, are we going to kick ourselves because we sold a prime and central piece of real estate which could prove to be useful to the city at a later date? Right now, everybody is talking about a rotting building, and the need to do something with it. It seems to me that nobody is really considering long term impacts, and nobody really seems to be thinking about what happens after.

Sorry, I think these things are important to consider, and I don't think that Powers is the best long term solution for the building. Whether it's a community center, a parking lot, or any number of other things, I believe transferring ownership without exploring what is more than a dual option property is the worse idea thus far presented. Anticipating Pissed's ridiculous anger - no I'm not suggesting we need people to sit around and study every aspect of it... but thus far nobody has really thought about alternatives, or really considered what else is going on or long term impacts. It is of great concern to me that we're more interested in a quick fix than a long term solution.

If anybody believes that this is overall best for the city of Flint, I would love to hear a why that does more than provide a quick influx of cash. If that's all you have, then it's a short term solution that is not necessarily the best fit and overall does not necessarily have the best impact for the city long term.

Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:30 pm 
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

As messed up as this sounds, Domet and Pissed make some points I can agree with.

Domet,

I understand your concerns about the long term. The long term will be a lot easier to consider if there is money to bring a decent future. As I see it, money and opportunity applied liberally is going to be the only healing balm with long term benefits. Flint Central was a school. If it is sold to powers, even though it is a private entity, it is still a school. That dynamic would not change. Public or Private it would still be a school. An institution of learning situated around other institutions of learning.

I don't feel putting it to that use would be a detractor from the history or cultural richness of that area. Same use different entity. It would also inject some much needed funds into the city school system. If this transaction were it to occur, some businesses and opportunity may follow them here. Encouraging more residents to live or stay in the area. With opportunity would follow housing demand. With that higher values and property taxes to fund the schools and city. As far as kicking ourselves later, I live very close to Mott and there are two schools right next to my house that are empty. If and big IF, the city prospers again and there is a demand for more schools, they are right here, close to everything. We can cross that bridge when we get there. I really don't see any sellers remorse in this transaction. We need money and we need opportunity before anything else can happen.

Pissed,
We agree about a lot of things too. We both agree, that there is money involved. We both want to see something done with Central and we see Powers as a viable alternative with some long term economic advantages. You have lived on the East side and I currently reside on the East side. I know fully what you are talking about in regards to some east siders and it sickens me too. Please note though, that does not represent every resident of the east side. Several of my neighbors have came to me for resume help and to use my computer to apply for jobs. These are not lazy people, they want better too and would move if they could afford to or would stay and build a great life if the opportunity was here.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:58 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

The Eastside I knew is gone,the new arrivals are insane and violent . Get out of there Lacy, Walling has pretty much told the cops to leave the field there. You will be on your own Lacy. The Eastside is now the Noffend all over again. God help you all!
Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:27 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i take it you missed the word "seniors"??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:26 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
The Eastside I knew is gone,the new arrivals are insane and violent . Get out of there Lacy, Walling has pretty much told the cops to leave the field there. You will be on your own Lacy. The Eastside is now the Noffend all over again. God help you all!

Walling has turned his back on the eastside but also the northend.
Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:58 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
i take it you missed the word "seniors"??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Who are you referring to there BA?
Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:20 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Domet schreef:
quote:
pissed schreef:
I agree wholeheardley with you lacyw! Amen ! Now we shall hear from the Domet weighing in on why this "gentrification" is soo wrong for the neighborhood. His proposal to use it as a "community center' is patently stupid.

You're just such an angry person, it makes your posts impossible to actually read through. Every constructive thing you have to say is so outweighed by your insults and general lack of thinking. Patently stupid XD.

Lacyw, I don't disagree with you, to be honest. The money issue is indeed something to consider. I guess when it comes down to it - Flint Central is aptly named because it is... so close to downtown, in the Cultural Center, right by the community college - selling the building to Powers, to me, is a band aid on a gun shot wound.

This is inherently the problem I see here.. we are at a point economically where we are willing to start selling bits and pieces of ourselves away without necessarily thinking about what we're doing. There is no overall planning, no long term thinking here - in the future when and if Flint becomes prosperous again, are we going to kick ourselves because we sold a prime and central piece of real estate which could prove to be useful to the city at a later date? Right now, everybody is talking about a rotting building, and the need to do something with it. It seems to me that nobody is really considering long term impacts, and nobody really seems to be thinking about what happens after.

Sorry, I think these things are important to consider, and I don't think that Powers is the best long term solution for the building. Whether it's a community center, a parking lot, or any number of other things, I believe transferring ownership without exploring what is more than a dual option property is the worse idea thus far presented. Anticipating Pissed's ridiculous anger - no I'm not suggesting we need people to sit around and study every aspect of it... but thus far nobody has really thought about alternatives, or really considered what else is going on or long term impacts. It is of great concern to me that we're more interested in a quick fix than a long term solution.

If anybody believes that this is overall best for the city of Flint, I would love to hear a why that does more than provide a quick influx of cash. If that's all you have, then it's a short term solution that is not necessarily the best fit and overall does not necessarily have the best impact for the city long term.
Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:23 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Gee Domet, glad you picked up on the anger,,too bad you didn't pick up on the meaning of my handle here on flinttalk, but I will be patient and explain it to you. In the American version of English we have a slang phrase for being angry, it is often called being "pissed off". Now in the British form of the English language "pissed off" can be "drunk". Since I am an American, my handle means I am an angry person. As for the "lack of thinking" you should add "like me" ( "me" in this instance is you, Lil ACORN) . And no, I don't think like you, and for that I am immeasurably thankful. I do have to ask though, with a head as pumped up as big as yours seems to be with self importance is it hard to fit through standard doorways?
Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:31 pm 
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE
F L I N T O I D

I understand that the Flint School Board will soon pink slip circa 250 teachers .This due to declining enrolment.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:02 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE schreef:
I understand that the Flint School Board will soon pink slip circa 250 teachers .This due to declining enrolment.

That is the reason why they closed that building but ol Domet want to make that huge ass building a ''community center" instead of lettinng Powers either buy the damned place or simply getting the school board to hand it over to them. Domet wants more office space for ACORN and other crappy organizations to have office spaces. He also thinks that having gentrification going on is oh so harmful the precious pysche's of people who live in and around the neighborhood there, most who are pretty arrogant and snobby and well connected in the first place. I think his anger is because Powers is sort of a Catholic high school, wonder if Domet would be whinning and complaining if it was going to be considered by a Jewish organization ? We all know the answer to that one, it's fine to be anti Christian and anti-Catholic but god help you if you are somewhat critical of anything Jewish people want to to do.Case in point, the U.S.'s propping up of th state of Israel since it came into being. Have anyone talk about cutting aid to any degree and you get screaming and fanatical cries of anti-Semtism thrown at you.Domet and his ilk are arrogant people who oppose solutions that don't fit their preconcieved notions of what is "politically correct" . But I think I am just beating a dead horse anyway, I haven't heard of any interest now from the power to be at Powers about this building anyway.
Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:39 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Central was closed for all of the right reasons. It is old, not energy efficient and the school district lacks the funds to bring it up to date. It will take a ton of money and time to make this building useable.

The building on Lewis Street owned by Mott is a wonderful place and the GI Forum and other groups that maintain it are to be commended.

As for the old Eastside Community Center, Pissed has some relevant comments. It was a sanctuary for many kids with terrible home lifes. But it had some pretty negative associattions too. It wasn't voodoo but there was some ritualistic withcraft carried on in kearsley park, complete with the killing of animals.

A lady on Belle filed a police complaint years ago about coming home and finding 2 men dressed in robes and armed with satanic gear trapping her young daughter in her bedroom, These men left with her even younger son and the State police found him in Holly, just before he was being prepared to be shipped to another state. He told the police about the coven and drinking cat blood. Animal bones were found buried in the park. The mother moved out eventually.

The allegations that I found most troubling was the ones concerning unprotected sex and homosexuality among the teens that went to Mr Bills. And yes he does work for the state now. Back then there were many , including politicians, that wanted him gone.

So Pissed much of what you stated on previous posts was accurate.
Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:49 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Central was closed for all of the right reasons. It is old, not energy efficient and the school district lacks the funds to bring it up to date. It will take a ton of money and time to make this building useable.

The building on Lewis Street owned by Mott is a wonderful place and the GI Forum and other groups that maintain it are to be commended.

As for the old Eastside Community Center, Pissed has some relevant comments. It was a sanctuary for many kids with terrible home lifes. But it had some pretty negative associattions too. It wasn't voodoo but there was some ritualistic withcraft carried on in kearsley park, complete with the killing of animals.

A lady on Belle filed a police complaint years ago about coming home and finding 2 men dressed in robes and armed with satanic gear trapping her young daughter in her bedroom, These men left with her even younger son and the State police found him in Holly, just before he was being prepared to be shipped to another state. He told the police about the coven and drinking cat blood. Animal bones were found buried in the park. The mother moved out eventually.

The allegations that I found most troubling was the ones concerning unprotected sex and homosexuality among the teens that went to Mr Bills. And yes he does work for the state now. Back then there were many , including politicians, that wanted him gone.

So Pissed much of what you stated on previous posts was accurate.

Thank you Webs! I thought I was giving accurate information. What do you bet Lil ACORN will call us both liars now? And I suspect all this happened before he found his way out of a sandbox! I met that "Mr Bills" character a few times, he was a pervert and I saw that the FIRST time I met him. He should have never had the job he had there.
I went to that Hispanic center once, never again. I speak English and was born here, so why darken that door again? So you and I agree on somethings, which is good Webs because you are a pretty credible source here on flinttalk.
Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:01 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
words not worth quoting

This post was initially insulting you for being so insanely stupid to an exaggerated degree, but instead I will just leave it at that, despite the less fun I will have in the end - you are insanely stupid. You made two posts filled with vitriol - no good points, no good arguments.. just something about Jews.. something about not thinking like me.. something about community centers in their somewhere... I think there was something else as well, but honestly, why bother following your nonsense?

It's just so much easier to mark you as an irrelevant, tired, sad person and move on.. which is I think the position I will take from now on. Just writing you off in general will make reading these boards so much easier - almost a relief in general.

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:06 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Ah,, Domet, the Lefty comes back to the scene. Where you been? Out saving the world or something?
And it is you, Lil ACORN, that is stupid. You offer no proof to refute what I wrote but just engage in name calling. I ,on the other hand, was at least PARTIALLY backed up with my accusations . Where is your friggin proof ? Maybe you like pedophiles running a community center , being a Lefty you all do display no regard to standards unless a person doesn't want to be a carbon copy of yourselves.
Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:46 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: