FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Was secret meeting an illegal one? Recall Delrico Loyd?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

here are some in Flint who are more than just pissed that Delrico Loyd called for a secret meeting and invited a select group of cronies. They are calling for a recall on Delrico Loyd because they are tired of the shroud of secrecy and it's accompanying deceit involving these secret meeting.

Some council were told to stay away to prevent having the meeting made public. Council has been doing this illegal manuever for far too many years and it needs to end. They use a version of the "Round Robin" , except they all meet but do so in groups of three to circumvent the open meetings act.They have bragged about them, laughing at how they kept a 4th person from entering a room so as not to violate the "open meeting act".

Seen leaving: Omar Sims, Brenda Clack, Lee Gonzales, John Gleason and Woodrow Stanley. Clack is Loyds Godmother and Loyd is allegedly being groomed as a future mayor.

Lot of hype and a lack of transparency to announce a grant should have already known about. Council needs to disavow this publicity seeking move by immature Loyd and censure him. At least they need to discontinue these secret acts.

Many believe this was a move towards joining Flints government with the city. Genesee County is also projecting many more years of deficits.
Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:13 pm 
DELETED

DELETED
Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:45 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

It is now being said that Walling was present when Eason got violent with Marcus Randolph, son of Pastor Randolph, President of the Concerned Pastors, and Patrick Gerace.

Eason should have been fired or at least the "threat assessment team" should have been called in. The Walling administration is refusing to deal with these issues of "violence in the workforce" and "hostile work environments". lawsuits may be the only way to change this position.

A complaint was filed with Donna Poplar last December regarding the creation of a hostile work environment. Poplar does not know what to do with it or she is just plain ignoring it. That will cost the city big time!

Walling has created a work environment of fear.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:41 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

From another thread:

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Josh, were you invited to the closed door meeting today? Can you tell us who was?

45ACP: Don't leave home without it.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:57 am

Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Elected officials that represent the City from the federal level to the local level. Only three Council members will attend. President Loyd, Vice-President Weighill and myself.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:37 pm
Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:01 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

Some council were told to stay away to prevent having the meeting made public. Council has been doing this illegal manuever for far too many years and it needs to end. They use a version of the "Round Robin" , except they all meet but do so in groups of three to circumvent the open meetings act.They have bragged about them, laughing at how they kept a 4th person from entering a room so as not to violate the "open meeting act".

Seen leaving: Omar Sims, Brenda Clack, Lee Gonzales, John Gleason and Woodrow Stanley. Clack is Loyds Godmother and Loyd is allegedly being groomed as a future mayor.

Lot of hype and a lack of transparency to announce a grant should have already known about. Council needs to disavow this publicity seeking move by immature Loyd and censure him. At least they need to discontinue these secret acts.

Many believe this was a move towards joining Flints government with the city. Genesee County is also projecting many more years of deficits.

Sally....

You either have an over-active imagination (my guess) or you get your kicks from attempting to create controversy where none exists.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:25 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

josh - other council are telling the public they were told to stay away or the meeting would be illegal! they said they were told by the city attorney. Do you really believe citizens appreciate these secret meeting?

You know as well as i do that council consistently uses a variation of the round robin.

As for the other , it is not my allegation. The rumors about the Chamber taking over our DCED started when Brown was in office and are everywhere. I am just repeating what is being said in the community. Another conspiracy theory,perhaps? People did not trust brown and they do not trust this administration and/or council.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:31 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Josh looks like a greater loss of revenue in the future. Don't we need to shrink. we could start with Civic park, which has about 200 abandoned homes!

Record number of Genesee County owners lose properties for failing to pay taxes
By Ron Fonger | Flint Journal
April 01, 2010, 12:28PM
GENESEE COUNTY -- A record number of county property owners have lost homes, land and businesses for not paying taxes by Wednesday’s deadline, taking 2,420 new parcels out of private hands and depositing them into the county Land Bank.

County Deputy Treasurer Jill McKenzie said today that the abandoned properties will be transferred to the Land Bank in coming days, a move that will put an estimated 10 percent of all parcels in the city of Flint under the control of the county agency.

“There are going to be more than we will” be able to maintain or demolish, said Doug Weiland, executive director of the Land Bank.

County officials have known for months that they had a large foreclosure problem looming.

In January, a county legal notice listed 6,600 properties with taxes and penalties due from 2007 -- up 46 percent compared to the same time one year earlier.

Of the 10 most valuable properties that were headed to foreclosure in January, two received commercial postponements , while taxes and penalties were paid on eight, McKenzie said today.

Weiland said the Land Bank will inspect the properties that are headed to it before deciding what actions to take on them. The Land Bank already owns nearly 5,000 parcels, the vast majority of those in Flint.

People living in the homes will not be evicted immediately, Weiland said, and the Land Bank will work to lease or sell foreclosed properties to those living in them.

“If there are commercial properties where there is still a business operating we will try to work with the business to make sure they can stay as well,” he said.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:35 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The previous council fought everything Williamson did. This council sits on their hands & lets the administration do whatever they want.
I have no faith in them, or in the administration.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Josh...

The conspiracy theories are widespread and have been since Brown was in office. People do not trust their government and Flint has had an abundance of corruption.

You had no problems with kate Fields when she brought disinformation to the council and DCED spent many hours to defend themselves and debunk her. But then you were President of Greater Eastside's Board of directors after Ananich quit. What is going on with Greater Eastside since your election and kate became the energy consultant for Flint.

remember when you and kate made the news for your melee with Tamar Lewis and her mother at Bishop airport. Tamar was going to a HUD conference. For whatever reason, you and Kate were their with her infamous camera to confront poor Tamar when her mother tackled Kate. Can't fault a mother for trying to protect her daughter.

Also, remember that council is not allowed to give direct orders to the administrative staff. Seems to me you did that when you told finance director Michael townsend to organize the consumers bills for examination. Is that why kate was hovering around the room? Townsend told you with the cuts, he did not have the staff. As Flint's consultant, can't kate get her info any other way?
Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:36 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Sheriff is not mandated to offer police protection to the city or the county. His office is only mandated to operate the jail. There have been budget battles over staffing of the sheriff department and other departments.The paper recently discussed the Clerks office who needed to fill a mandated position and was denied and the Sheriff was given a position.

The millage for emergency paramedic services goes to the city Fire Department and the Sheriff department. Flint Fire is cut so much they most likely are unavailable for first responder duties, such as paramedic calls and emergencies like downed power lines. Occupied houses are burning because of the length of time to get mutual aid as firefighters are dealing with abandoned house fires. Expect the city to agree to give the Sheriff more money from the millage to handle paramedic calls in the city.

The Sheriff still has a tight budget and can help a little, but ant significant help will have to come through a contract for services rendered. If I were a community paying on a contract for services, I would be upset if the Sheriff provided these services free.

The State Police have already been active in the City and i see them on an ever increasing basis. There are 2 federal task forces in Flint, although one will expire this year. Walling stated we have grants for 12 COPs officers this week in a news interview.

How much more can these agencies help?

We should have applied for a SAFER grant last year.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:42 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

That would have required someone at city hall to actually do their job, which is against their religion or something. Is there anyone left there that can fill out a grant application correctly?

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Josh...

The conspiracy theories are widespread and have been since Brown was in office. People do not trust their government and Flint has had an abundance of corruption.

You had no problems with kate Fields when she brought disinformation to the council and DCED spent many hours to defend themselves and debunk her. But then you were President of Greater Eastside's Board of directors after Ananich quit. What is going on with Greater Eastside since your election and kate became the energy consultant for Flint.

remember when you and kate made the news for your melee with Tamar Lewis and her mother at Bishop airport. Tamar was going to a HUD conference. For whatever reason, you and Kate were their with her infamous camera to confront poor Tamar when her mother tackled Kate. Can't fault a mother for trying to protect her daughter.

Also, remember that council is not allowed to give direct orders to the administrative staff. Seems to me you did that when you told finance director Michael townsend to organize the consumers bills for examination. Is that why kate was hovering around the room? Townsend told you with the cuts, he did not have the staff. As Flint's consultant, can't kate get her info any other way?

Sally....

You know, just because you write it doesn't make it true.

As I'm sure you are aware, the Flint City Charter grants the City Council the power of investigation. Along with the information on Consumers, I also requested information about the Police Department. My statement was that the Administration could either provide the information at my request or I will move to invoke the powers that the Charter grants the Council.

Moving into the budget season Sally, the Council will need this information in order to make informed budget decisions.

You seemed to be obsessed with GECA Sally. Why is that?

As for conspiracy theories and corruption in Flint government, you were part of one of the most corrupt Administrations that Flint has had since the current form of government has been around so I understand why you would think that.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

That would have required someone at city hall to actually do their job, which is against their religion or something. Is there anyone left there that can fill out a grant application correctly?

The grant was applied for last year.
Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:55 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Sally? I didn't see a Sally post anywhere!

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Josh...

Sally....

You know, just because you write it doesn't make it true.

As I'm sure you are aware, the Flint City Charter grants the City Council the power of investigation. Along with the information on Consumers, I also requested information about the Police Department. My statement was that the Administration could either provide the information at my request or I will move to invoke the powers that the Charter grants the Council.

Moving into the budget season Sally, the Council will need this information in order to make informed budget decisions.

You seemed to be obsessed with GECA Sally. Why is that?

As for conspiracy theories and corruption in Flint government, you were part of one of the most corrupt Administrations that Flint has had since the current form of government has been around so I understand why you would think that.

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Sally? I didn't see a Sally post anywhere!

Josh thinks untanglingwebs is Sally Struthers.

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:55 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: