FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Today's "special" council meeting
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Anyone go? Anything interesting happen?
Please notice that I didn't ask if anything worthwhile happened. That would be too much to hope for.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

I went Dave. Nothing special. The mayor was giving a bunch of political double talk about how everything will be better with less, and he flat out lied about have police watching his house. The chief was so so, but gave the most honest answer of the day. Lawler asked him if fire protection would be the same after the cuts. Lock said, "no, not possible with less firemen". How refreshing.

The council then talked about a possible ordinance requiring minimum staffing in the police and fire departmens based on population. A lot of talk and no action. Nothing has changed.
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:14 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

That's about what I figured. It's long past time to elect leaders, not politicians.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Bossman schreef:
I went Dave. Nothing special. The mayor was giving a bunch of political double talk about how everything will be better with less, and he flat out lied about have police watching his house. The chief was so so, but gave the most honest answer of the day. Lawler asked him if fire protection would be the same after the cuts. Lock said, "no, not possible with less firemen". How refreshing.

The council then talked about a possible ordinance requiring minimum staffing in the police and fire departmens based on population. A lot of talk and no action. Nothing has changed.

I am sure Josh Freeman just sucked it up and supported everyone word Double Talking Walling said.
Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:24 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

quote:
Derrick1965 schreef:
quote:
Bossman schreef:

I am sure Josh Freeman just sucked it up and supported everyone word Double Talking Walling said.

Josh has his reasons for siding with Walling!
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:16 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

And they are????

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:06 am 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

Before the election, Josh Freeman was on this site regularly denouncing Sandy Hill, stating she was a Williamson puppet. Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't. The fact is she did nothing to fight Williamson's wrongdoings, whether from being a puppet or just no motivation to take on the problems.

But it seems to me that Josh has turned into the thing he was bashing, a sniveling, whiny puppet for the mayor. Josh, I had high hopes for you and you are letting me down. I guess its time to start looking for a new candidate for the ward. Too bad, you have the intelligence to be a good councilman, I guess just not the ethics!

PS Weighill, you are in the same boat. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Mrs. Waybright would have got in over in the 5th Ward. I heard she really pissed off Williamson when she helped the citizens of the the 1st Ward fight the deparking of Clara Hilbourne Park. Delrico Lloyd was thier councilperson and he did nothing. It wasn't even in her ward and she helped out anyways. I bet she would have really shook things up down at city hall.

Thomas Jefferson
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:48 am 
DELETED

DELETED
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:47 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
And they are????

Ya, can someone tell us, I'd like to know too...
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ConcernedCitizen schreef:

But it seems to me that Josh has turned into the thing he was bashing, a sniveling, whiny puppet for the mayor. Josh, I had high hopes for you and you are letting me down. I guess its time to start looking for a new candidate for the ward. Too bad, you have the intelligence to be a good councilman, I guess just not the ethics!

Could you give me a specific example of what you're talking about?
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
DELETED

DELETED
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:55 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Apparently you haven't been around.... I have been very vocal as it relates to our financial condition and demanding accountability...
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:00 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Josh, were you invited to the closed door meeting today? Can you tell us who was?

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:57 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Elected officials that represent the City from the federal level to the local level. Only three Council members will attend. President Loyd, Vice-President Weighill and myself.
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:37 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Just for the record, Josh, Dale, and Delrico have been demanding answers from the administration and continued to do so at the meeting on Monday. If Josh was ever a Walling follower(which I've never seen), he isn't acting as one currently .

Keep hammering them Josh.
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:16 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: