FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: twice a month trash collection? NO PROBLEM
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Heard from a friend that people in the blue collection areas have been seen dumping their trash in front of houses in the red area. I guess next week the folks in the red areas will be heading over to the blue areas.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Do you blame them Dave? I will be honest here, If I need to get stinky trash out and need it gone I will take it to the red zone for sure!

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Heard from a friend that people in the blue collection areas have been seen dumping their trash in front of houses in the red area. I guess next week the folks in the red areas will be heading over to the blue areas.

Democrat and Republican trash?!....grin...what are Libertarians going to do with theirs? Sorry trying to find humor in a trashy subject.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:18 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Gonna have to bury my trash hahah
Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:17 pm 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

I spoke to a few friends and they have the idea of pooling resources and getting a smaller dumpster installed at one of the neighborh's driveways and together paying the monthly charge to have it dumped. They plan on locking it with a chain and giving only the people who are paying the bill keys to the lock on the dumpster. Maybe this would be workable idea for others out there. Iwould suggest putting the dumpster on a good solid driveway (not a dirt driveway, it rains a lot in the spring and summer) , also the driveway should be realtively straight , and have no gate to deal with. Also I would suggest having the clearance about the dumpster site to be free of tree limbs and over head wires, the trucks lift them quite high and they will rip out wires and tree limbs. Just a suggestion. It may be expensive to some, but you can save money by not using garbage bags and dumping right from a trash barrel into the dumpster so you can save the money from NOT buying bags. Also , I don't know about you, but I get plenty of those poly bags when I go the grocery stores and they can be used for smaller cans . Add that to sharing the costs with 2-6 other households and you may have something you can live with.

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:43 pm 
FlintCityMole
F L I N T O I D

Illegal dumpings have increased in the last 2 weeks. People are very upset with the change in garbage, especially woman with multiple children.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Do you blame them Dave? I will be honest here, If I need to get stinky trash out and need it gone I will take it to the red zone for sure!

Is city hall, or Kensington, in a red zone? Laughing

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

I've already made arrangements with a friend. On the weeks he has pickup, I take my trash to his house. On the weeks I have pickup, he brings his trash to mine. Problem solved. A little inconvenient, but less smell and less rats.

Find a friend in the other zone and you will probably have no problem making an arrangement.

My only question is this. Now that they are only picking up every other week, are we allowed twice as much? I guess I'll have to call sanitation and get back with an update.

Thomas Jefferson
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:26 am 
DELETED

DELETED
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:35 am 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintCityMole schreef:
Illegal dumpings have increased in the last 2 weeks. People are very upset with the change in garbage, especially woman with multiple children.

I hadn't even thought of it, but can you imagine how bad dirty diapers are going to smell after two weeks. The only smell worse that that is the stink coming from City Hall!

Thomas Jefferson
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:53 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintCityMole schreef:

As a mom that had three children in diapers for at least one month....yes, it is disgusting!!!
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:22 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

A long time Flint problem is when illegal dumpers hide their trash in abandoned homes. Also tires. Can you imagine the odor of a burning vacant house filled with rank garbage?
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:39 pm 
DELETED

DELETED
Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:05 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
A long time Flint problem is when illegal dumpers hide their trash in abandoned homes. Also tires. Can you imagine the odor of a burning vacant house filled with rank garbage?

I know a lady that cleaned up around an abandoned house across the street from her that threw all the trash she picked up into the house. She had no choice, since the city won't pick up trash set in front of an abandoned house.

Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:46 am 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
TheDonSupporter schreef:
Hope maybe on the horizon, Mayor Don has signaled he may run again!

One major problem with that. The last council Williamson haters changed the rules on running for mayor and felons are no longer allowed to run. The Don has a felony conviction. They couldn't throw him out once he was in office, but they made it so he couldn't run again once he was out.

Last edited by ConcernedCitizen on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thomas Jefferson
Post Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:42 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: