FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: More guns less crime
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
John, I don't openly carry, except in my own yard, but yesterday when I mentioned to some of my neighbors that it was legal, they got excited about the idea. I'm grinning now, thinking about a 70+ year old lady raking her lawn with a 460 S&W strapped to her hip. Smile

I am a big adovcate of firearm ownership and responsible use of them. So a 70 year old lady carrying one onher hip isn't a shocking image to me,in fact I think more women out there should be interested in firearms and learning how to use them , I think it is an area where many feminists have missed the boat quite frankly. And in a shameless plug for flinttalkradio , I encourage people to listen to the past episodes of Saturday Afternoon Shootout . Jerry Brewer and Brian Jeffs and their guests are on the front lines of the gun rights issue. They do their "homework" and try to bring the most accurate information to their listeners .
And Andi, sounds like we have much in common. My dad's side of the family also has been here in the Flint area around the same time as your family has been. We are the "old timers" here aren't we Andi? Our familes looked at C.S . Mott as a "newcomer" I would bet.
And Dave and Twotap, really think about calling in for the Saturday Afternoon Shootout some time. The show starts back in April on the 3rd ( providing Michigan weather co-operates) . Also you can catch the latest news about Open Carry at www.miopencarry,org
Post Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:28 am 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

correction , the URL is www.miopencarry.org
Post Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:29 am 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

Everyone in Flint needs to carry a couple guns!
Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:30 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

So, what do you carry?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
So, what do you carry?

A rabid beagle.
Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:11 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Effective, but tough to carry concealed. Very Happy

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

I would say carry a rabid pitbull but that would be rudundant.
Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:35 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
I would say carry a rabid pitbull but that would be rudundant.

Preach it, peeved guy..
Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:58 am 
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

When my house was shot 8 times Wednesday morning, the cop that responded said he is encouraging everyone in the city to get big dogs and guns. We have both! I have a shotgun(I'm less likely to miss) and a muzzleloader. I need a handgun for when I'm working in my garden this summer. There are two drug houses next door who the police believe were the intended targets. They took a few too, but we called the police. I also would not mind purchasing a few assault rifles. However, since I'm poor, I can't afford my protection. Since getting rid of the police was the city's bright idea, they should offer residents a tax rebate for gun purchases. If they are going to leave us to deal with it, we will deal with it, just give us the resources to do it Grand Torino style: Get off my lawn.........
Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:08 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Heres a list of used handguns at the dealer I shop at might be something for you, The keltec pf9 caught my eye I have one thats a great little pocket carry 9mm, another is the SW 469 9mm. 13 rds of 9mm +p hollowpoints is very comforting when your working in your yard. I had one of those at one time and it was always reliable. If you mention it they will usually knock another 10% off the used gun price. good luck.
http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/809usedhandguns.htm

Last edited by twotap on Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:32 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I prefer something a bit more substantial. Dan Wesson Bobtail Commander in 45ACP. The 4 1/4" barrel lets it fit completely in my jeans or coat pocket when I don't feel like using a holster. I'm shooting 1" groups at defensive range, 7 yards, and 45ACP shouldn't require a second shot at that range.

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:55 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I believe lacyw said they were on a tight budget..

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:11 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Yeah, the Bobtail is a bit pricey at 900. Not sure what the Taurus Judge is priced at, but it looks interesting, too.

HEY! she mentioned assault rifle???
035253 USED YUGO SKS 762X39 K383117 59/66 W/BAYONET & LAUNCHER $285.00

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:24 pm 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

I bought an old SKS from Dunham's a few years back for something like $120.00 and this gun has the fixed magazine and also has a fold under bayonet ( don't know if I would use that though) . An SKS has a powerful round and is very effective, it's magazine is good in case one in lives in an area where magazine capacity is severly regualted and the prices is cheap enough even a person on a very SEVERE budget. I think it is has the same ammo as the dreaded ( by the anti gun people) AK-47 ,which means it is a good stopper. The gun is easy to learn to field strip and maintain ( commuinsts know most people aren't going to gunsmiths and they armed a lot of peasants for years in hopes of giving birth to the "worker's paradise" that never seemed to materialize) .
A Mossberg 12 guage shotgun is a good option,though pricer than the SKS. Shotguns are great for people who don't have the time or inclanation to do a lot of target practice. And looking down a 12 guage's barrel is sure to scare of any person who is not insane. If someone still advances on you when you have a shotgun pointing at them just ain't right. Just make sure you are in your rights ,learn the Castle Doctrine for Michigan and be prepared for someone (like some of those people who post here who are Left ward leaning) to howl in protest if you do use such force to defend yourself.
God I was hoping the people of Flint would never be forced more into this posture. Good luck and Godspeed people of Flint, hope you all come through this safetly.

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:10 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Wife had a taurus judge kinda big and klunky plus only 5 rds and the ballistics of a 4/10 load out of the 3" barrel was kinda questionable. Lack of penetration being the problem We tried it with slugs, no.4 and 6 birdshot and 000 buck. We sold it. Her house handgun is a CZ 75b 9mm with 16 rounds of speer gold dot 124 +p. By the way you might want to check on the legality of that folding bayonette. When I bought mine they advise me to remove it. Apparently the libs think its too violent. Good advice Elias 12 and right on about castle doctrine and those limpwristed libs. Of course if and when one of them become crime stats they will blame us legal gunowners and of course the NRA. and never put the blame on the little gangbanger who was actually a choirboy in his spare time and was about to turn his life around.

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:12 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: