FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Should Central H.S. be sold to Powers,pro or con ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

Lets compare MEAP scores.I think you'll find the reason.
Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:41 pm 
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

what is meap scores?

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:56 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Pissed - I am not and have not suggested that bringing money into Flint is a problem. In fact it is something I support quite readily. I don't see an issue with attracting wealth or relative wealth into the city, but I do see an issue with doing so without planning or thinking about it. Bringing Powers into the area has a number of benefits, but it also has its potential cons. Instead of just assuming it's going to be super awesome, why don't we take some time and plan out the best way to use those resources - and while we're at it, why not just see if there isn't something else that can be done with the building which could be equally prosperous? A number of problems in this city have come from the fact that we don't plan, we just allow things to develop - it may be an appropriate time to break that cycle. The City of Flushing has an old Junior High School that was falling into disrepair and they were going to close it... until they turned it into a community center which has not only allowed it to remain open but also has served the community immensely. It has become an incredibly active place for all sorts of activities - I am not so sure that Powers is the all-out, end-all amazing choice it is being made out to be.

Twotap - I moved out of my parent's house when I was 18 years old and have paid my own way since I helped support my family at the age of 15 with what little income I could scrape together. I enjoy it when I get to you because your assumptions about my person not only turn out to be wrong but in general idiotic - I knew more about the realities of life at the age at 15 than most people my age. Respectfully, take your pathetic bitterness and shove it up your ass, sir.

Huntingworth - for a man who clearly thinks so highly of himself, your ability to write out and thinkthrough an argument is sadly lacking. After reading your... post... a couple of times, I think I've managed to make sense of it.

Observable data - what are your sources? Or are you citing anecdotal "observable data" which you will be unable to cite? I have read all of your posts, and from what I can see.. you have offered no observable accounts, only opinions. If you want to start using observable data, then lets see it, I would love to dig through your data. If your evidence is "common sense," a position which becomes challengeable as soon as it isn't common, then I would equally be interested to know exactly what sense it is you are getting at here.

It is humurous to me that you criticise my conclusions but clearly have no idea what they are - considering that I didn't present any conclusions but rather offered an opinion, it is strange that you are attempting to critique that which was never offered up. You are drawing implications from my statements, which is not only unfair but intellectually dishonest. If you want to really have an indepth conversation about this, we can do that - but I am not going to exchange insults with an infant. So either act like an adult and take your diapers off or continue to operate as an illogical tool. Your choice.

Why would you assume that I have any connection to Central or Powers? I too live in the East Village/Central Park neighborhood, and have great interest in seeing the neighborhood prosper. The fact that you suggested an agenda despite knowing nothing about those variables suggests that, though you attempt to present yourself as a data driven an logical individual, you have large gaps in your ability to present logically or form a rational argument. Instead, what it shows, is that you're more interested in bullying to get your message across than having an honest conversation. When you started this thread, I was under the impression that you were open to conversation, but have instead taken to basically calling me an idiot because you disagree with me. Did you start this thread because you wanted to feel good about an opinion you had or did you want to have an honest conversation? If its the former, you should let me know now and I will be happy to recuse myself from this thread in the future.

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:11 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I enjoy it when I get to you because your assumptions about my person not only turn out to be wrong but in general idiotic

Looks like I got to you pretty well. Laughing
quote:
and shove it up your ass, sir.

Id be willing to bet you know more about that manuver then just about anyone on this forum. Laughing Ill give you one thing you sure know a lot about the local eateries which I guess your using to confirm your vast knowledge of the real world. By the way your facebook photo is cool. Laughing

Last edited by twotap on Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:41 am 
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE
F L I N T O I D

Dear Merry,your silence on my question speaks volumes.
I won't trade insults with you, comments re incontinence ect.I have Black friends who do it much better,quick and inventive like Jazz.Try it your vocabulary may improve.
Lets part agreeing to disagree.
Beer Dude,Crowfeeder was refering to M.E.A.P. scores,a test given to Michigan students in the 3rd through 9th grades to measure Educational Achievement.I understand the disparity between public and parochial students is quantifiable and stunning.
Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:28 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Domet schreef:
Pissed - I am not and have not suggested that bringing money into Flint is a problem. In fact it is something I support quite readily. I don't see an issue with attracting wealth or relative wealth into the city, but I do see an issue with doing so without planning or thinking about it. Bringing Powers into the area has a number of benefits, but it also has its potential cons. Instead of just assuming it's going to be super awesome, why don't we take some time and plan out the best way to use those resources - and while we're at it, why not just see if there isn't something else that can be done with the building which could be equally prosperous? A number of problems in this city have come from the fact that we don't plan, we just allow things to develop - it may be an appropriate time to break that cycle. The City of Flushing has an old Junior High School that was falling into disrepair and they were going to close it... until they turned it into a community center which has not only allowed it to remain open but also has served the community immensely. It has become an incredibly active place for all sorts of activities - I am not so sure that Powers is the all-out, end-all amazing choice it is being made out to be.

Twotap - I moved out of my parent's house when I was 18 years old and have paid my own way since I helped support my family at the age of 15 with what little income I could scrape together. I enjoy it when I get to you because your assumptions about my person not only turn out to be wrong but in general idiotic - I knew more about the realities of life at the age at 15 than most people my age. Respectfully, take your pathetic bitterness and shove it up your ass, sir.

Huntingworth - for a man who clearly thinks so highly of himself, your ability to write out and thinkthrough an argument is sadly lacking. After reading your... post... a couple of times, I think I've managed to make sense of it.

Observable data - what are your sources? Or are you citing anecdotal "observable data" which you will be unable to cite? I have read all of your posts, and from what I can see.. you have offered no observable accounts, only opinions. If you want to start using observable data, then lets see it, I would love to dig through your data. If your evidence is "common sense," a position which becomes challengeable as soon as it isn't common, then I would equally be interested to know exactly what sense it is you are getting at here.

It is humurous to me that you criticise my conclusions but clearly have no idea what they are - considering that I didn't present any conclusions but rather offered an opinion, it is strange that you are attempting to critique that which was never offered up. You are drawing implications from my statements, which is not only unfair but intellectually dishonest. If you want to really have an indepth conversation about this, we can do that - but I am not going to exchange insults with an infant. So either act like an adult and take your diapers off or continue to operate as an illogical tool. Your choice.

Why would you assume that I have any connection to Central or Powers? I too live in the East Village/Central Park neighborhood, and have great interest in seeing the neighborhood prosper. The fact that you suggested an agenda despite knowing nothing about those variables suggests that, though you attempt to present yourself as a data driven an logical individual, you have large gaps in your ability to present logically or form a rational argument. Instead, what it shows, is that you're more interested in bullying to get your message across than having an honest conversation. When you started this thread, I was under the impression that you were open to conversation, but have instead taken to basically calling me an idiot because you disagree with me. Did you start this thread because you wanted to feel good about an opinion you had or did you want to have an honest conversation? If its the former, you should let me know now and I will be happy to recuse myself from this thread in the future.

So Lil Acorn, people need "learned" people like yourself to make determinations of how former schools are to be used ? Why make Central into a community center? Don't black folks already have places where they can rally and demand more from the world ? And the Mexicans and other illegal types already have that old Citizen Bank buidling on Lewis Street where they can plan their next moves,tax supported to boot to be able to do this. Yeah, yeah, some Mexicans are citizens , honest and true and all that ,but that place is for them illegal variety who uses our laws to screw us over. So what do you propose to do with Central there Lil ACORN? Make it a place of worship for some store front church from the Norff End? Have one of them Concerned Pastors of Flint take it over so they can fuel their already over-inflated sense of self-importance? They and you have a lot in common, overly valuing your self importance . So esteemed Lil ACORN ( esteemed in your eyes, well, perhaps you grinning and stupid friend Back Again) what class did you take at one of those ivy covered insane asylums gives you all knowledge that better prepares you to make a judgement on all matters ? Take a look at that building at Central mook, that is a big ass place! There isn't enough "community" left in Flint to put that building to use . A high school is the best option. Face it Lil ACORN, you just don't like people who distrust the educational system and opt out of it. Lefties like you want to control that system so people like you can control the minds and hearts of the future generations. You are the facists of this era. You think it is great if we have diversity, as long as all the people have the same mindset on all issues that you have.
And getting back to the buidling formerly known as Flint Central High School. So you are agaisnt yuppies, against "gentrification", what do you propose for that buidling? A home for illegals? A citadel for crack addicts? Some place for the lowest common denominator to to live in while they try to turn their lives around? Oh,I know! How about a home for aged rappers and hip hop folks? Or a retirement home for old hookers? Or some other "help center" for those dysfunctionals you love ? I think Powers would be the best option, if them taking over that building is even in the remote region of a possiblity.
Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:09 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Maybe little acorn has it in for catholics?? Confused

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:20 pm 
enjoylife23
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
So Lil Acorn, people need "learned" people like yourself to make determinations of how former schools are to be used ? Why make Central into a community center? Don't black folks already have places where they can rally and demand more from the world ? And the Mexicans and other illegal types already have that old Citizen Bank buidling on Lewis Street where they can plan their next moves,tax supported to boot to be able to do this. Yeah, yeah, some Mexicans are citizens , honest and true and all that ,but that place is for them illegal variety who uses our laws to screw us over. So what do you propose to do with Central there Lil ACORN? Make it a place of worship for some store front church from the Norff End? Have one of them Concerned Pastors of Flint take it over so they can fuel their already over-inflated sense of self-importance? They and you have a lot in common, overly valuing your self importance . So esteemed Lil ACORN ( esteemed in your eyes, well, perhaps you grinning and stupid friend Back Again) what class did you take at one of those ivy covered insane asylums gives you all knowledge that better prepares you to make a judgement on all matters ? Take a look at that building at Central mook, that is a big ass place! There isn't enough "community" left in Flint to put that building to use . A high school is the best option. Face it Lil ACORN, you just don't like people who distrust the educational system and opt out of it. Lefties like you want to control that system so people like you can control the minds and hearts of the future generations. You are the facists of this era. You think it is great if we have diversity, as long as all the people have the same mindset on all issues that you have.
And getting back to the buidling formerly known as Flint Central High School. So you are agaisnt yuppies, against "gentrification", what do you propose for that buidling? A home for illegals? A citadel for crack addicts? Some place for the lowest common denominator to to live in while they try to turn their lives around? Oh,I know! How about a home for aged rappers and hip hop folks? Or a retirement home for old hookers? Or some other "help center" for those dysfunctionals you love ? I think Powers would be the best option, if them taking over that building is even in the remote region of a possiblity.

Wow. Talk about your racist comments. So... you're saying that we need something that is specifically for the white people in Flint, because every minority in Flint has things already, but um... apparently you don't really know what you are talking about.
That old Citizen's building? It's owned by Mott College, and is a computer lab that also helps people who aren't English speaking to get help with filling out paperwork and hosts a number of classes. How do I know this? I used to work there, as a work study student, and I believe they still have work study students working there. So... do you really think that building is being used for gang activity or something? Have you even ever been in it? More than that... whose taxes are paying for that building?? Because I know for fact it is owned by Mott.
It sounds to me like you are hurt because they have placed things in poor neighborhoods that actually help them, instead of putting things in your neighborhood maybe? More than that, it seems as if you have made some rather negative assumptions about anything that could help the COMMUNITY, not a particular group of people. So community centers are only for minorities now? That's pretty funny, considering that I used to live on the eaststide when they had a community center, and the kids there? Predominantly white. They did beautification projects, provided food, had activities for kids [to keep them off the streets] and classes for people to learn about things. The funny part? It was closed when Mayor Stanley got reelected... I guess it really wasn't for the minorities in Flint then, huh? If you think I'm full of it, I actually was around for all of that. I didn't know community centers were places to house hookers or for drug dealers to do business, but I can guarantee you, that wasn't allowed at any community center I've ever been to, and I have a hard time believing you've ever been in one- maybe because your racism helps you to feel those places aren't for you.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:31 am 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
By the way your facebook photo is cool.

My word of advice? Grow up, man. If you really want to go down this road, however, we could have a pretty good time here.

Pissed, you continue to be an idiot. Replying to you isn't even fun anymore. Didn't even bother reading past the point where your post became an inane rant about how sad it is to be you.

Huntington - there was no response to your question because every question you asked was concealed by insults and mired in your own assumptions that were at best logical leaps and at worst pathatic attempts to make yourself seem brighter than you actually are. In the future if you don't actually want to have a conversation but would rather act like a petulant child by lashing out irrationally at everybody who disagrees with you, do everybody a favor and don't bother making a thread. Christ man.

Last edited by Domet on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:14 am 
J HUNTINGWORTH TUNE
F L I N T O I D

Another attempt to goad? Accusing someone else of what you are doing ?My Dear Merry I never insulted you,never resorted to name calling..re read my notes.Now re read yours. I'm much too old a fox to take that bait,You didn't answer for your own reasons its clear.
Let me advise you ,as someone who has seen lots of life,here and places far away.Never,even in the most oblique way ,offer a threat to someones family,,and know who you are dealing with.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:58 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
enjoylife23 schreef:
quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:

Wow. Talk about your racist comments. So... you're saying that we need something that is specifically for the white people in Flint, because every minority in Flint has things already, but um... apparently you don't really know what you are talking about.
That old Citizen's building? It's owned by Mott College, and is a computer lab that also helps people who aren't English speaking to get help with filling out paperwork and hosts a number of classes. How do I know this? I used to work there, as a work study student, and I believe they still have work study students working there. So... do you really think that building is being used for gang activity or something? Have you even ever been in it? More than that... whose taxes are paying for that building?? Because I know for fact it is owned by Mott.
It sounds to me like you are hurt because they have placed things in poor neighborhoods that actually help them, instead of putting things in your neighborhood maybe? More than that, it seems as if you have made some rather negative assumptions about anything that could help the COMMUNITY, not a particular group of people. So community centers are only for minorities now? That's pretty funny, considering that I used to live on the eaststide when they had a community center, and the kids there? Predominantly white. They did beautification projects, provided food, had activities for kids [to keep them off the streets] and classes for people to learn about things. The funny part? It was closed when Mayor Stanley got reelected... I guess it really wasn't for the minorities in Flint then, huh? If you think I'm full of it, I actually was around for all of that. I didn't know community centers were places to house hookers or for drug dealers to do business, but I can guarantee you, that wasn't allowed at any community center I've ever been to, and I have a hard time believing you've ever been in one- maybe because your racism helps you to feel those places aren't for you.

Yeah , I remember that center on the Eastdside. it was ran by that creepy guy who practiced vodoo or something . That guy gave me the creeps,I suspected ( and heard rumors but I never passed them on) that he did some very questionable things. I went to that center when it was on Franklin a couple of times,, SCARY people running it, scrary people coming in and going. In fact that center you brought up was a gang type meeting place. None of the real working people who had problems went to that center Lil ACORN. The thug types used that place as a hangout. And since I speak English, am here legally, scrimped and saved to buy a computer on my own and paid for the ISP from my own money,am not some crack addicted asshole who needs food to tide me over because I used my money for drugs, what reason would I have to go that center on Lewis Street? Listen to illegal whine and complain that they deserve better treatment from a country they are living in illegally? Or now listen to blacks .. over the fact they hate being stereotyped but then go and and engage in all that very strerotypical activities? Should I go to one of those centers to break bread with hookers and drug addicts to prove how sweet of a guy I am? No thanks, I'll leave that to ACORN types . Maybe as you sup with them you can tell them how to do more efficent drive-bys or how to use IRS tax laws to underwrite their illegal enterprizes.
As for the so aformentioned Eastside Center, the average Eastsider stayed far from that den of rejects. It was for the bottom feeders there. Going there was talking a HUGE risk for the person who wasn't a drunk, a drug addict or a weirdo. I knew stoners who wouldn't go into that building.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:08 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

And Domet, if it is owned by Mott Community College that Center on Lewis Steet it IS TAX SUPPORTED . The C.S. Mott Foundation and Mott Community Colle are not the same entity . The Foundation is self-governing ( along with the rules from the IRS and other goveremental agencies) self-perpetuating foundation. Thought a bleeding heart who loves spending other people's cash would know that difference, Egghead! lol
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:16 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

I owe Domet an apology , that was Enjoylife I was responding to. Otherwise yeah Enjoylife my opinion is that those "community centers" are for minorities. Afterall we white people are godlike and never need help,we run all things and are responsible sin, corruption and racial injustice . Going further we are prolly responsible for PMS, post nasal drip and belly button lint. We are to blame for all things,both foregin and domestic. We should hate ourselves and beg forgiveness from all who aren't one of us.We are responsible for that earthquake in Haiti and in Chile. We are to feel guilty for all things from time immemorial according to people like you.
In case you are wondering, I was using this thing called saracasm, look it up in a book sometime.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:28 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Domet aka little acorn. Your silly attempt to intimadate me by claiming to have in your hot little hands personal info about myself or my family as well as personal hacked photobucket pictures and threatening to post such info on line aint working. You go right ahead and do whatever you feel comfortable doing and whatever you figure you can handle as a result of such action. To quote a great movie line "Do you feel lucky punk?? Well do ya?"
Like you say it could be fun. Very Happy PS you mean that photo was actually you?? Shocked
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hacking or Phishing is the criminally fraudulent process of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. Photobucket will prosecute anyone attempting such action.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed).

Interesting twist to this. When I mentioned domets childish threat to my wife she reminded me that about a month and a half ago we had $835
fraudulently removed from our debit card account. Well what do you suppose popped into my head. Whos been phishing around in our personal accounts online and just admitted it to us online. We are calling our bank first thing in the morning with this info and let them take a look at it. This is really turning out to be fun now.
Very Happy

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:42 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Domet aka little acorn. Your silly attempt to intimadate me by claiming to have in your hot little hands personal info about myself or my family as well as personal hacked photobucket pictures and threatening to post such info on line aint working. You go right ahead and do whatever you feel comfortable doing and whatever you figure you can handle as a result of such action. To quote a great movie line "Do you feel lucky punk?? Well do ya?"
Like you say it could be fun. Very Happy PS you mean that photo was actually you?? Shocked
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hacking or Phishing is the criminally fraudulent process of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. Photobucket will prosecute anyone attempting such action.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed).

Interesting twist to this. When I mentioned domets childish threat to my wife she reminded me that about a month and a half ago we had $835
fraudulently removed from our debit card account. Well what do you suppose popped into my head. Whos been phishing around in our personal accounts online and just admitted it to us online. We are calling our bank first thing in the morning with this info and let them take a look at it. This is really turning out to be fun now.
Very Happy

I never thought that Domet would resort to this sort ofr thing. Hope it isn't true and that he had nothing to with that debit card activity. He may be lefty but I was hoping that he wasn't like most of those immoral bastards. I really doubt if he had anything to do with it though. He seems sort of moral and discplined, well,that was until now. Just with his recent postings there seems to be a crack in civility he did project.
Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:09 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: