FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Warmest January ever
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Although you may be freezing your ass off its all in your mind, let a climate expert set you straight. These folks are unbelievable. Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/160556

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:54 am 
Gumby
F L I N T O I D

Yup God forbid you pay attention to someone who has devoted their careers to studying this stuff. Nope I'd rather believe Rush Limbaugh and all the talking heads at Faux News. Lets just keep making fun of the smart people like we are still in high school.
Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:39 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I knew one of our local climate experts would confirm the fact its not colder but actually warmer. Problem is ill bet your not collecting our tax dollars to fudge the data like all those "smart" people are. And I will also bet you believe obamacare will reduce the deficit the stimulius is creating jobs and the Dems and obama arent gonna get their asses kicked in Nov.? Olberman CNN and of course MSNBC has done their job well. Laughing By the way Gumby just what is Rush saying about the matter?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/copenhagen/article6956783.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=797093

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:23 am 
Gumby
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
By the way Gumby just what is Rush saying about the matter?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/copenhagen/article6956783.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=797093

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_112009/content/01125108.guest.html
Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:55 pm 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Gumby schreef:
Yup God forbid you pay attention to someone who has devoted their careers to studying this stuff. Nope I'd rather believe Rush Limbaugh and all the talking heads at Faux News. Lets just keep making fun of the smart people like we are still in high school.

Well there are other SCIENTISTS (hundreds in fact) that Rush is reffering to that say they are not certain WHAT is going on with the climate . Science is not partisan, and it shouldn't be. However politicans have attempted to use scientists do their bidding . The Nazis tried , the Communists tried to as well. We should protect the enviroment, yes I agree with this. My dog doesn't crap in her space, why should we? But Al Gore is going to profit off the Cap and Trade if it is pushed through. The word " profit " is a SERIOUS understatment. So as Shakespeare (no, not the Bible) said in his one play " the Devil can quote scripture to serve his purpose" ( I think this not 100% accurately quoted, I will have to check) Point being is that we should hear from ALL sides in regards to what course of actions should be adopted. It wouldn't be the first time the Left was wrong ya know. Hate to break the news to all of you out there, but you aren't infallible.

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:01 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup Rushs article sounds about right to me what part isnt factual?

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:02 pm 
Gumby
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Yup Rushs article sounds about right to me what part isnt factual?

Every word that comes out of Rush's mouth is only loosly based upon reality. But you keep believing it because thats what you guys do best.
Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:44 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Tell you what Gumpy, you go live as Al Gore would have you live and I will continue living as I do already. Of course Gore doesn't live like he wants to force everyone to live. And for your information , I am not a "Dittohead" , I think Rush Limbaugh is a hypocrite and out of touch with reality for the most part. I hate talking heads and self proclaimed experts of ALL politlcal stripes. But as my dad used to say " a stopped clock is right twice a day" , so both sides occasionally are correct about something. The question I would like to ask the Lefties is if we get all these progams in place ( health care, more restrictions of the enviroment,etc) who the hell is going to pay for it all? ANSWER: the same people already bearing the brunt of it all now! If that is the answer then I say NO F*#@ing WAY! Pay for your "idealism" out of your own pocket you Bleedinghearts. If morlaity is relaitve ( as those on the Left love to chant as a matra) then I refuse to live by your standards. Since, by this argument, there are no moral absolutes then your view is no more valid than your oppositon's moral viewpoint. So let's be at least honest and state that you want your views to be the dominatiing view and not be chickenshits about the "moral realtivism" you try to argue with. Our views of who should do what for whom are vastly different, and don't expect for your rivals to go quietly into that dark night , they will be noisy as hell.
Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:11 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

it's great to have health insurance isn't it pissed? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

jesus!!!!! the second time i've agreed with elias. i have to apologise elias because i thought you were an alter ego for another poster here. you can't possibly be him as you exhibit a tremendous amount of brains and common sense. again, i apologise!!!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:01 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey BA how come your potus and his henchmen didnt pass their economy wrecking healthcare fiasco back in June or so?? No one could have stopped them I mean if its such a great friggin deal whats the problem. Laughing

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:13 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

Twotap and Pissed - two people who never bother to do the research and still have no idea what they are talking about.

Gumby - it's not worth it, man. These two will sit back and say things like, "Dur, it's so cooooooooold, climate change can't be happening," because they don't actually know what climate change means. Arguing with them is like arguing with a child who is convinced they have discovered something new and interesting about the universe.

Elias, however - well you've pegged it pretty well there. I knew I liked you for an assortment of reasons ; ). Any climate change scientist who tells you they know for a fact exactly what is going to happen is insane and probably not worth a damn scientifically. As I have said here before, climate change is a theory and that theory has a lot of modeling in which is predictive, not 100% evidential. Just because that is the case however, doesn't mean there aren't a few things we do know for sure - one of which climate is changing, one of which is CO2 is emitted in mass by humans and human activities, and that it helps hold heat in.

Now, I'll sit back and continue to watch as Pissed and twotap fall over themselves trying in vain to "prove" that they are right by making logically fallacious arguments, changing the topic, failing to show a burden of proof or in general prove to be the sad, misguided human beings they so often are. The show must go on after all folks!

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:56 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

I have surmised that Mother Earth is having PMS with the global warming, tsunamis, and earthquakes..Smile
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:50 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Andi, global warming is out. It's now climate change, which covers whatever the weather is.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:06 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

don't know 2tap.i didn't receive a call????

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:58 am 
Crowfeeder
F L I N T O I D

A man convinced against his will,remains unconvinced still..I don't know what wag first said that.But it's true.
Global warming aka Climate change is a statistic.True,data can be skewed by proponants of an agenda .In the case of Climate change there is evidence of that happening and those who altered the numbers have lost all their credibility.However the preponderance of data from other sources is too convincing and consistant to be disregarded.
The Earth is warming. I think its no more debatable than the fact that the Earth is round ( unless looking at small and isolated pieces of data ) The causes may be both carbon emissions and other non controlable factors.What the % of each is we need to look at more closley.
I am concerned that if we keep a frog in the pan mentality,we will leave our kids a planet much bleaker than we found it.Its already happening with our once fine city..But at least the kids can leave town..Its a disgrace.
Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:12 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: