FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dawn Jones influencing channel 12's coverage?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

On the news at 6, they had a "story" about the south side task force. People in that area were asking where the task force is; they haven't seen anything. The "story" then cut to the Howard Estates ministation & talk of a new ministation on Eldon Baker Drive. Then, to out "battle tested" prosecutor, who said these things take time, and there's a tip line set up. No mention of where the supposed 6 officers are, let alone the number for the alleged tip line. A total non-story, designed to make people think that everything's just fine.

What could have been investigative journalism turned into a puff piece. The Dawn Jones effect? If so, we can write off channel 12 for any objective coverage of what's happening in Flint.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Councilman Neeley also works for Channel 12.
Post Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:31 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

If you like your news with an all the time liberal slant ch12 is the one for you. Laughing Its entertaining I guess but who could take them serious??

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:53 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:

He seems to be on Walling's bad list, so I would tend to suspect Jones.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:04 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Lots of South Side residents are angry about that story .

Was the couple even living in the target area?

Channel 12 finds the Brennan Center anytime they want a story, yet they didn't bother with them on this story.

They taped the officers backs as they entered Howard Estates, and yet they couldn't talk to Tenant Council and Mrs. Gordon.

Leyton has been putting the pieces inplace for four months,but Locke can't get in place. Task Force Officers on 1-24-10 were ticketing abandoned cars not chasing violent criminals.

The South side is not being serviced. Why else would their officers be pulled to the north?

We are waiting for a lease on an office on Eldon Baker Drive, when we have a deficit? Is this to be paid for out of the grant?

The boundary lines don't make sense and word is there is negotiation to extend them eastward.

Why didn't 12 interview or get comments from all of the councilmen in the task force area?
Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:35 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

"channel 12 finds brennan center every time they want a story" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing that is SOOOOO true.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:29 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
00SL2 schreef:
He seems to be on Walling's bad list, so I would tend to suspect Jones.
She no longer works there, he does. Who would have the greater influence, Channel 12 employee or Mayor's press secretary?
Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:36 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

what exactly does neely do for channel 12?? surely those in charge are smart enough not to be led by neely's political views. it's always been apparent neely was "coached" by another councilmember ( comment based only on what i've noticed personally and may be incorrect). i've always felt there was a "visable and vocal" council AND a "quiet and powerful" council.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:10 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I got call this morning from someone that knows what's going on. Evidently, the story resulted from someone having a disagreement with Kincaid at a council meeting about the task force. I was told that the couple on the story do not live in the task force area. I find it interesting that the story doesn't seem to be on channel 12's web page, while the story they ran about our block club several days ago is still there.

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:19 am 
patclawson
F L I N T O I D

You can accuse Channel 12 News of a lot of things, but never accuse them of doing investigative journalism.

In the five years I have been back in Flint, I have never seen them do a single bona fide investigative story. The station's news director avoids investigative reporting like the plague. He is afraid of it, and the general manager does not want it either. All this station does is rewrite the local newspapers. It is not enterprising in the least.

It's really shocking, considering that WJRT is owned by ABC.
Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:14 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Rewrite the local papers? The Journal gets a lot of their stories from channels 5 & 12. For a supposed Flint station, channel 12 seems to concentrate in the area North of Flint.

There's more news, and investigations here and on the Flint Spotlight than in the local media.

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:27 pm 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

What investigations has the Flint spot light conducted? And what news, other than alot of question marks, accusations, and questions ? Just out of curiosity?
Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:17 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

A block club meeting at lincoln Park church had people angry about not being in the task force area, kincaid said he wanted the names of the 6 task force members made public.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:35 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
kincaid said he wanbted the names of the 6 task force members made public.
Not a wise move. He needs to rethink that request with consideration to the purpose of the task force.
Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:05 pm 
FlintBeerMan
F L I N T O I D

dawn will be oout job soon, once we recall this baffon

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:21 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: