FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Councilman Freeman is for eliminating ombudsman's office
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Ted, I've been at council meetings when you spoke. The general audience reaction was: "Oh, brother, here we go again". Most people appear to tune you and Alex out when you speak.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

Well concerned people do often sound like the proverbial "broken records" Dave. People do roll their eyes and groan when these people begin to speak. We all have done this . But these citizens know something well and are trying to bring other's attention to the situation, they shouldnt be like the mythological woman Cassandra,whose predictions were accurate but nobody heeded her warnings becasue the gods had cursed her with foreknowledge yet shut the minds of the people around her to the truth and accuracy of her words. Sure, some people do have their "favorite soapboxes" and do bore the rest of us with the details. But the Devil is in those details.

Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:48 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Elias 12- The broken record wouldn't be so bad if the information was accurate. Ted speaks from the seat of his pants, doesn't do his research and argues illogically! He also has selective recall.
He has forgotten her abusive verbal attacks on Sandy Hill and Ehren Gonzales.
She voted 144 times to appoint her sister-in-law Donna Poplar to the office of Ombudsman. She only voted for Croom after Mays brokered a deal to have Croom appoint Donna as his deputy. Clawson rightly complained about the process.
She accepted the help of a group, whom I won't name, when she had no money for her first election. Sisters United and her sister-in-law supported Taylor. After the election she trash talked them as being about nothing.
Her attack on David Davenport was premeditated. She asked the secretary to bring the Raid into council chambers. The first time she sprayed Davenport he was standing next to Kincaid. He walked away and was standing near the podium when Poplar sprayed the two of them. The police department botched the complaint.
Poplar was laughing as she sprayed them. But first she siad fleas were jumping and later told the police she was spraying beetles.
She pushes for any black business that wants to move into her ward.
You have to wonder if her justified her criminal acts because she was targeting arab party store owners.
Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:23 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i'm sorry, i've been overlooking the raid thing as some type of inside joke but councilperson poplar "actually sprayed people with raid insect spray"?

if this is actually a fact, i can see her intended humor but, isn't that stuff poisonous?? Shocked Shocked Shocked

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:43 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

She sprayed Dave Davenport & Sally Haywood. IIRC, Sally ended up in ER for an allergic reaction to the spray.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

did they file a complaint?

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:01 pm 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

Wait! Poplar sprayed people with an insecticide? This could be looked up as a murder attempt in some circles. Did she compensate Sally and David Davenport for this? This whole incident is terrbile! Why isn't her behatted butt in jail for this? And people of this ward put her into office? She is a lunatic!
Hey Ted, going to defend this action? God, this town is truly scrapping the bottom of the barrel. What next , another shootout ala the type the Flint Police had happen in the late 70's, only this time in the City Council Chambers? Get rid of this woman!

Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:15 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

untanglingwebs I know, I've been a broken record Speaking on Crime. Because it's like speaking to rocks there sometimes. And as far as checking my facts. I usually have them with me. I haven't been as detailed lately because I lost some of my graphs. I will not defend the Bug Spray. But. I'm confused. She sits on the Other side of the room from Kincaid. Kinda a tuff to spray the podium or across the room. And Sally normally sits clear on the other side of the room. David doesn't really have a normal spot. but sally almost always sat on Kincaids side. It's what 20 feet from Jackies chair to the podium.

I don't like bargaining for votes like that either. I was disappointed Croom didn't accept the position. I believe he may have done a better job. Stayed out of the Administration/Council in fighting.

You say the police department botched the complaint.. Well welcome to Flint. Your not telling me nothing new there. But, we have a new chief now let's see how things go with him. But, I would think as Close as Sally was with the DON (self proclaimed chief of police) that if there was enough evidence to take to court. It would have gone.
Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I saw the police report.
Lt. T.P. Johnson wrote it up as one incident. Told the two of them he "did not want to get involved in this political bullshit" Dicks ordered him to do the investigation. It should have been handled by the State police.
You don't really think she sprayed it from her desk do you?. David was standing next to the railing by Kincaid. She had to walk from her desk to the secretary to get the raid flying insect spray. She sprayed david there. kincaid told the police she did. The secretary witnessed it.
David walked away closer to the podium and spoke to sally, who asked him what was going on. Then Poplar sprayed the two of them laughing as she did so.
Chuckie witnessed it from the back of the room.
The story out of the prosecutors office is Donna Poplar and some of her crew told Lreton they would fight his bid for attorney general if he prosecuted. He sent it to another county.
Jackie announced at council that she had "seen a flea jumping". She told the police she was only spraying around the desks because she had seen a beetle. The other prosecutor said it was unfortunate that Sally was injured and called Poplars story disingenuous and he chose not to prosecute. I am convinced Leyton weighed in on that decision.
I have been told that cutbacks necessitate employees cleaning up their own areas. Many are too lazy to empty the trash after throwing away food and fruit. When the offices became infested with fruit flies and gnats these same employees began spraying their own pesticides. This is aginst pesticide regulations.
Jackies request to have the pesticide brought to council shows her premeditation. She was furious with David for questioning her ethics. Sally was collateral damage.
Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:33 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Yeah, I would have to agree. Sally was collateral damage. But, I don't believe Donna can influence Layton enough to keep him from prosecuting. If he wants to he will.
Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

The account of the whole incident is really really,really disturbing. I wish the hell someone would have done their jobs corectly, the cops and the Prosecuting Attorney to be percise. This shows how wacked the Poplar family is and how arrogant they are. The people of Flint would be far better off without this family in any positions of authority. And it seems like Ted is still acting as the Poplar family's stooge. What they have on you Ted that makes you so blind to their stupid actions? I , just a few posts , said I thought highly of you for your involvment, this latest revealation makes me wonder where your head or heart is. All of this is totally unacceptable , in all matters, and in most parts of the civilized world, probably some sentient amboeas would find this sort of behavior to be revolting. Yet this who is in power in the halls of our city hall? God help us.

Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:20 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I think Jacky did see some literal bugs earlier which is why she had the bug spray if my memory is correct. I took the whole incident to simply be extremely childish on behalf of Jacky's part. I did not see her as intending to spray bug spray and assault David and Sally but merely as childish behavior. I did not see the incident as an assault or I would have personally stepped in but I did see it as extremely childish behavior.

I didn't see Jacky as spraying the bug spray on David and Sally but she definately sprayed it in their direction saying something childish like gotta get rid of these bugs.

Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:43 pm 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

I am not a jacky fan, but those are some darn huge bugs!

Peace,
Rap

Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:49 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Ted- The meeting prior to the spraying after Davenport criticized council for not acting on Jackies extortion plot, Jackie gave that story she said her mother told her. At the end of her story she glared at Davenport and emphatically said when a bug gets in your way, you crush it. No one knew what to make of it and Sims made some flippant remark. David davenport was her bug and she intended to crush him.
Many politicians fear Donna because she is ruthless when campaigning for someone. Walling supported her fellow Sisters United friend in the seventh ward, but Weighill prevailed.
Sisters United is a 501(c)4 organization that alleges totrain black females for political office. A weak state and county nforcement system has allowed these nonprofits to do express advocacy on behlf of candidates. Sisters United did a number of Comcast channel 17 shows on behalf of Walling and publicly endorsed him. The federal government is now cracking down on this type of poitical action.
Poplar and Eason were active in the recall and both got high political jobs.
Hammon should hav been prosecuted for his role in trying to impede the Rizzo investigation. It was admitted he ,as a county commissioner, went to the sheriff in an attempt to stop the investigation into Rizzo and the false auto theft of the corvette that ended up in the chop shop. Busch ranted and raved he was going to proscute both Hammon and the sheriff, but at the end of the day nothing happened. Oh and by the way, the investigation , incluing the barn arson, had been hidden from Busch initially. A tip led him to search for the case.
Now look at the Giacalone case with Leyton. The city gave money they should not have for a 108 loan, guaranteed repayment by the city, and did not require sufficient collateral. And the collateral was overvalued. At the conclusion no jail time, only judgements that will never be collected as both filed bankruptcy.
Don't be naive Ted. Prosecutors are political animals. By pushing certain cases into other counties, they can have a subtle influence while appearing to be neutral. Leyton has no backbone in my opinion.
Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:04 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Adam- The bugspray sat on Davinas desk the entire council meeting. Even city employees in maintenance don't use spray for bugs as they are not certified to do so. Did she ever tell maintenance she saw bugs.
Many people are allergic to pesticides. That is why there has been an ongoing battle over mosquito spraying in Grand blanc. When a pesticide is used in a public building or in a store, a small picture of a house with a date is required to be posted on the door to protec those who are allergic. With city hall employees randomly spraying their offices, they are endangering the public.
look up Raid flying insct spray and you will see how dangerous this spray is. It is meant for outdoor use only.
Post Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:13 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: