FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Bernard Lawler's violations
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Want to know more about Bernard Lawler's campaign violations that i mentioned before?

www.bernardlawler.info

Documentation is posted there.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

ahhhh, i see whats going on now. i still think ms.waybright is leagues ahead in this matter big time. her work has been outstanding!! as i've become older and more experienced i've become suspicious of politicians who toss connections and lofty ambitions. legally, lawler appears to be illegal as a candidate.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:06 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Good job laying out the foundation and documenting your position.
Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:52 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

I think Lynn sounds great. But isn't that ward basically Black? Maybe Black folks will vote for Lynn though. Some Blacks had to vote for Dayne Walling. it would be a good thing if the color of the person was no longer such a big deal here in this town. The town needs good people running it, dont matter what color of skin they have, just as long as they care about what is happenin here. If the person follows all the laws that are required then it would be cool for them to run but Mr Lawler seems to have a lot of baggage already to deal with.
Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:08 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

1pissedoffguy,

You are so right. When people learn to look at a person's heart and soul instead of the color of their skin, this world will be a better place. I will say this, most of my black brothers and sisters are tired of the race issue. Unfortunately, there are still some holdouts, one both sides of the table. Fortunately, they seem to be fewer as time passes by. One thing that does disturb me is that there are some young "Community Activists" that seem hellbent on stirring up racial tension. I don't know who is teaching them this BS, but I wish they would quit. If they had seen the injustices of the past, they might not be so eager to go back to the racial tensions of yesteryear. I don't care about your nationality, your skin color, your religion or how many tatoos you have; if you are a good person, though other things don't matter.

As far as Mr. Lawler's baggage, I agree with you. Mrs. Waybright seems to already be doing good things for the community in a legal fashion. Why would the 5th Ward voter want to risk more lawsuits against the city by voting in an individual that seem to violate the rules to suit his needs or whims?

I hope you're not so "pissed off" now.
Post Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:37 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Hey Concernedcitizen, I am still pissed off but hey , I am the Pisseoffguy . Okay, maybe you can answer this for me, I posted it on another thread but here it goes again. Why do people pay so much attention to what the black pastors say or do? I mean I know that "men of the cloth" are supposed to be all this part of a city's fabric and stuff but why do so many folks look to the Black pastors input ? I just don't get why this is so important. God is God, the Bible is the Bible, anyone who is a beleiver should be given some respect but here in this town we only hear from the black pastors . Now I dont think all Blacks are churchgoers or anything, in fact I know quite a few who arent into church at all. Is this emphasis on black pastors sort of racist in itself? People assume ,it looks like to me anyways, that Black people all love to go to church and all that. If I was Black that would offend me. Like I am white and have some German ancestory and I hate when people always connect us to being Nazis. The people who I am realted to was here since the mid 1800's , a long ass time before even WWI ! So is it cool or something to say that all Black people are churchy people or something? To me to say that is just as bad as saying Blacks all like watermelon and chickens. I am not saying that of course . But if Blacks all churchy and stuff is that okay to assume? I am really wondering about this stuff. Do all Blacks take orders from some pastor? I really don't think this is the case . i hope I didnt offend you ConcernedCitizen, I like what you said about the race issue and how the race of a candiate shouldnt be such a big deal anymore. I am just really wondering about all this stuff.
Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:21 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Typical, whitie is after the black man!
Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:37 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

delete please.[/list][/list]

Last edited by back again on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:47 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i don't really believe your a black woman.....just a thought. Shocked

uhhhh, pissed off guy...dude, i'm part german too (although no one has ever attempted to tie me to hitler) Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

dude, pastors say what they will but trust me, the number of people who actually do what they say is very minimal.

dude, honestly, there is no monolithic way blacks think. i haven't been to church in a decade. personally, god and i are just fine. i however have nothing against those that do..

to make it real simple, do all asians think and vote the same?, latinos? ,
whites?, there is no special day every black gets on a party line to receive instructions from anyone. get it!

i am however, guilty of one stereotype. i eat raptor often. it's good for you, offers a great source of protein and grills quite well..

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:59 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:

But only white people can be racist, right? In my life I have encountered more black racists that I have white racists. What happened to Dr. King's dream of judging people by the content of their character rather than by the color of their skin?

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
countynews
F L I N T O I D

What is raptor?

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:00 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Blacks assert they can not be racist because they don't have the power to oppress. In Flint, Attorney Glenn Lenhoff has successfully litigated numerous "reverse discrimination" cases.
More reverse discriminations cases to come in the City of Flint!
Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:03 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

raptor = chicken!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

yes, i know some racist blacks and have never asserted otherwise!!!!!!!!!!

where do these silly ideas come from and if (and they probably did) they came from a black persons mouth, it was that black person's mouth only. again, blacks are no more monolithic thinking than any other group of people. the thought in itself is racially stereotypical thinking. come on guys!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

P.Y.
Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:11 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

You're 100% correct, BA.

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:57 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

Lakewoman,

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:

Last night I read something that you wrote that actually had me thinking that you may have some redeeming quality buried somewhere deep in your racist body. But this statement just dashed my hopes. If you were my sister, you would never have turned out like that because my daddy would have told you to get a switch from out back and he would have whipped the predjudice out of you. He said that Mr. King wasn't going to die for nothing. If you believe in his works, you need to change your attitude. If not, you need to find a good man to change it for you!

If you want society to progress, you need to crawl out from under your rock and see that most people no longer believe the stereotypes and racial propaganda of the past. Get over it. Just like I have never been a slave, the people that you are bashing were not alive to be slave owners. That would be the same as saying that since you great-great-grandaddy committed a crime, you need to spend time in jail for his transgressions. My daddy said that education was the key to our future. With education you can make your own path in life. If you had spent less time feeling sorry for yourself and blaming others, you might have had time to learn something. Instead you just get on Flint Talk and make ignorant statements.

Enough said, unless you want to change, which I seriously doubt.
Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:01 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: