FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: First full-line grocery store in decades coming to downtown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I am still working out everything, business plan is completed and now we are trying to get financing. People are real tough when loaning monies to open new bars. I am hoping it still works out, but things have been rough lately.... I will keep you informed.

quote:
Charlie schreef:
Sorry no liquor but may have wine and beer.....no 40oz bottles though. Ryan, are you still going to open a bar?

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I am still hoping to, but just been running into road blocks. Banks aren't to hip on loaning money to new bars, due to the high amount that go under so quickly....

quote:
Gumby schreef:

quote:
Ryan, are you still going to open a bar?

Yeah I was wondering that as well. What happened to your plan to open the old Carriage Town Inn as "The Kremlin" like in Semi-Pro?

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:
"You've never seen anything like this before". Obviously, they had led a sheltered life.

Ill say. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I didn't have the heart to tell them it was the tamest "entertainment" I'd seen in quite a while.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

you came BACK from nam in 64???
you speak french?? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:28 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I hear the College Inn wasn't the place to go! lol

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:
"You've never seen anything like this before". Obviously, they had led a sheltered life.

Ill say. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I didn't have the heart to tell them it was the tamest "entertainment" I'd seen in quite a while.

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:33 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
you came BACK from nam in 64???
you speak french?? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nope. Actually, the first Americans were sent there during the Eisenhower administration. We were "advisers", as in: "See that guy over there pointing the gun at you? I advise you to DUCK! " "Advisers" were not supposed to shoot first. Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

i take my hat off to you dave!! damn......64... Shocked Shocked

hey charlie!! how about some of Deena's hot home made rolls!!!!!!

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:10 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Any updates on this?
Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:44 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

Witherbee's is my friend on myspace and the last update I got was that they were doing meetings with the architect and such, and still planned to open this summer, I believe. But its been a while since I've heard anything.
Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:41 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Construction under way on two new downtown Flint grocery stores

While liquor and party stores abound across city neighborhoods, full-service grocery stores where residents can pick up fresh produce and meat have been scarce within city limits for years.

It’s not an uncommon issue among inner cities across the U.S., but it’s a common complaint among downtown residents, workers and an increasing number of students living here who say they have to drive miles for a full-service grocery store.

After environmental issues with underground gasoline tanks and financing delays, construction on Witherbee’s Market at King and University avenues has begun and interior work at Stevans on Stevens at Court and Stevens streets is under way.

Witherbee’s Market, a project led by Flint NIPP (Neighborhood Improvement and Preservation Project), has been in development for more than two years and demolition and environmental abatement work began a few weeks ago, said Amy Hovey of the Protogenia Group in DeWitt, a consultant to Flint NIPP.

“The construction should be done by the end of the year with the grocery store probably opening sometime late January, early February,” Hovey said.

Across downtown, Stevan Malone who lives on Ninth Street, said he was driving by a building at Court and Stevens streets in 2008 when he pegged it for a great spot for a grocery store.

“We don’t have any stores over in this general area,” said Malone, 53, who in 2008 took a buyout from the General Motors Flint Truck Assembly Plant. “We don’t have anywhere to buy milk, bread, butter.”

So he got to work and with the help of a loan from the City of Flint and labor from family and friends, he is working to transform a former paint store into 4,000 square feet of groceries, produce, meat, ice cream and even fried fish and chicken.

Building renovations include a new roof and windows, and inside the drywall is going up and the beamed ceiling has been painted. Malone said he is working to do much of the work himself to keep costs down and hopes to open around the beginning of November.
Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:15 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i hope witherbee's market remembers the promise made to this site....

to have freshly roasted cashews for sale!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:33 pm 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

quote:
lunchlady schreef:
Man, we NEED this so bad! I was so excited to hear this. I can walk to the grocery store and actually buy food!

Please tell the grocery store to keep fresh avacados in store!!

Lunchlady Rules!!

Peace,
RAP

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:38 am 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

Witherbee's has had amazing progress! Go to their facebook page and they have over 75 construction pics. Should be open in about 2 months! The place looks great!
Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:51 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

so, how did malone make out with his market to be opened in november??

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:28 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Still under construction.
Post Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:34 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: