FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Lawsuit against Mayor dropped, Police will rescinded

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mayor Don Williamson has announced that he is rescinding his executive order that called for a massive restructuring of the police department.

In return, the Flint Police Officers Union has dropped its lawsuit against the mayor.

Thursday afternoon, the mayor stood side by side with members of the African American Police League, the Flint Police Officers Association and the NAACP.
http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=local&id=4746854

What a comedy! I can't wait until the next act!

Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:13 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
luke sabucco
F L I N T O I D

reform on the local police isnt a bad idea, but dons ideas wouldnt have worked,
as in instead of running all single officer cars just take 1/3 of the force and split them up, send them to the non violent scenes, such as b&e's and auto theft etc.

lets say you have 200 cops = 100 patrols(this is just to prove the point)
leave 65 as pairs and take the other 35 and split them, get 135 patrols instead of 100, we dont need 2 cops to take a report, its not like there gonna track down the people who stole your things anyways, but atleast this way there might be a chance someone will come if you call the cops.

also the k-9's, well there needed in some instances, they dont cost us anything. and the only explanation i got for choosing tahoes over impalas is that after a 100k miles they said they rebuild the motors and they said it was cheaper to rebuild the tahoe over the imapala, only thing is they both have a 5.3 unless they got the 2500 which costs 3k more and has a 6.0, i dont see the point in it. 320hp is enough, a tahoe isnt meant to outrun anything. but hey what do i know
Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:15 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Apparently we'll be sticking with one man cars. I hope our officers are safe. I really wish we'd keep the dogs. At least one or two of them.
Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:14 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-40/1163172038316890.xml&coll=5

I again am dismayed as to why the Flint Journal is willing to print stupidity as facts. Without calling them into question.

"Williamson said "we lost focus," referring to the declining number of Flint police over the past several years, labor-management feuding and the need to improve service. "

This again is a Lie! For the past three years the Mayor has been hiring more officers! We are very close to having the same amount of officer we did from before the Takeover. (And I might add that crime was lower under effective leadership with less officers). The mayor makes up excuses for his own stupidity and the Flint Journal laps it up without questioning it. They choose to print a quote that they should know isn't a fact. If your going to quote something. At least make it a factual quote!

quote:
the only explanation i got for choosing tahoes over impalas is that after a 100k miles they said they rebuild the motors and they said it was cheaper to rebuild the tahoe over the imapala, only thing is they both have a 5.3 unless they got the 2500 which costs 3k more and has a 6.0, i dont see the point in it. 320hp is enough, a tahoe isnt meant to outrun anything. but hey what do i know

Here Check this out http://www.cityofflint.net/1st_letter_to_council.htm You are hitting on the issue right on the money. Everything, this administration says has been a lie. Facts!
1. It is not cheaper to maintain than the Impala. Repair costs are more!
2. Tahoe does accelerate just a faction of a second quicker than the Impala. According to the State of Michigan tests.
3. Please feel free to add that lie to the long list I have of the lies I've been told as to the reasoning for purchasing the Tahoe over the Impala.
Post Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: