FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Dayne Walling what the heck were you thinking?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donna Poplar, a former county employee who was convicted of a felony but later had her record expunged, has been appointed the city's new personnel director.

Read more:
http://blog.mlive.com/flint-city-beat/2009/08/latest_flint_appointment_spark.html

Last edited by Steve Myers on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

greg eason- city administrator??? hell, i didn't know that!!! good man!!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:03 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

WAKE UP!

Steve its called Political Favors, look at Rhoda Mathews, she was his woman and puppet at Flint Club.

Peter Bade now the City Attorney and big time campaign supporter.

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Donna Poplar, a former county employee who was convicted of a felony but later had her record expunged, has been appointed the city's new personnel director.

Read more:
http://blog.mlive.com/flint-city-beat/2009/08/latest_flint_appointment_spark.html
Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:02 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

ohhhhhh shucks!!!! Shocked (backing behind the wall)

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:37 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Oh No!! not politics as usual. Laughing Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:30 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

TT --

That quote goes so perfectly with the picture. haha

Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:39 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

What we hoped for was a leader; what we got was just another political hack. How long before people are wishing for Don to be back?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Here we go again.

Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

i've lived long enough and experienced enough of life to know all humans make mistakes. the point of life is to make mistakes, learn and adjust positively. if i was to be continually judged by those with influence in my life by dumb things i've done in life, i guess i'd be a goner. i have made major adjustments in my life and have prospered from lifes lessons.i will continue to support my mayor and those he appoints.

Last edited by back again on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total

P.Y.
Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:57 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

ya but can you stil BBQ Confused

Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:05 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

aw come on dude!!! some things are in your DNA!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:27 pm 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

I am really disappointed in Dayne's choice. Why do we keep recycling the same the same tired and corrupted people ? This appointment is more than a step back , it is like sliding all the way down the hill and into an abyss. What's next? Forays into Michigan prisons for new canidates for other posts? Or how about open recruitment of crack dealers and pimps as advisers in "entrepreneurship "? This appointment is insane! I guess the path to success in Flint has to include being corrupt (or patently stupid) . So we want to present a decent front to prospective businesses coming to Flint. And how do we do that? By putting people who should have served in prison as city officals? What can we boast about ? "Flint has the highest percentage of known felons in key city admin slots". Wow,I would be jumping up and down to make the move to Flint ! Hey Dayne,I know some guys who served time in prison, want to tap them for more openings? Or how how about Charles Manson to work on youth violence prevention? He knows the subject intimately.

Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:46 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

is this ted? Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

P.Y.
Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:15 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

I agree, Mr. Alex Harris we need you now! RECALL TIME!
Post Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:19 am 
Elias12
F L I N T O I D

No, This isn't Ted. I am just another person tired of playing this "reshuffle the crooks" game this city engages in. Oh,,wait,techincally she isn't a crook any longer, they waved a majic wand and }POOF" ,she is pure again.
Let's recap this county's stellar leadership ,both present and past. We have Donna Poplar and her sister in law, both very highly ethically challenged people, we have Joe "Give me some cash and I will give you a gun permit" Wilson , we have past prosecutor Robert Leonard who did serve some time for his crimes. We had ,in the past, two police officers who engaged in a shoot out in the parking lot of the department. We had a buffooon ex-con Don Williamson . Sorry if these "characters" apperances are not in proper chronological order but this is sort of stream of consciousnesss writing and I am really ticked off. What really amazes me is that people are going to stand behind Walling in this selection . "He is MY mayor and I will stand behind him" What a load of crap! What does Walling have to hide that these people are holding over his head? Why did he chose this person? It has to be either a simple case of politcal payola or someone has the goods on Walling.
Dayne, you had a chance and you blew it right from the start. I am just wondering what the Poplars have on you Dayne that you are trying your best to keep concealed.

Post Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:03 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: