FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Tear It All Down!!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Summerfield
F L I N T O I D

It is about time we attempt to 'lower the bar' in Flint. As most in this area do not respect the architectural assets that we have - then I say we need to mount a demolition campaign to reconstruct the city into the suburban ideal so the white people in Grand Blanc, Fenton and Flushing feel comfortable here. NEW IS BETTER! Parking lots should be located around everything downtown so it looks just like Genesee Valley. In fact - how about tubes connecting everything like U of M so you technically never have to set foot outside. Human zipper locking!

Now, I own a historic home - but by getting rid of the historic district, you will help me make remodeling cheap and easy. Why repair brick when you can vinyl side the sucker! I need Wallside by my side! If we lower the bar – then my efforts won’t look so half-assed. Help Flint make ugly improvements the standard. For God’s sake – this is not Royal Oak and we have no right to think we deserve any better. I say – it is your property, do what you want. All these whiners talking about property values, architectural aesthetic, curb appeal…. You want curb appeal, move to Grand Blanc.

A couple more suggestions – please consider the demolition of:

Citizen’s Bank Weatherball – what kind of 50’s crap is that?? Like a poem is going to make me love that eyesore? Take it out! (ok, fine, so it is a little more reliable than JR Kirtek)

Mott Foundation Building – it ‘ruins’ my line of sight of Genesee Towers. OUT!

Capitol Theatre – Hey, don’t we already have ‘THE’ Whiting. Un-needed competition is what I say. We need to support the Cultural Center and by bring people downtown, you risk having more than one successful venue in Flint.

Kearsley Park and Pavilion – Another parking lot perhaps? Could be used for overflow parking for the Whiting as they get so many people coming in to see ‘Cats.’ Also, the Pavilion looks a little too Asian for my taste. Aren’t we at war with Asia or some crap like that?

The Vehicle City Arches – They just create too much light and tend to illuminate all the vacant structures being held by Uptown. See, when it is darker, you cannot see the blight.

Applewood – Aren’t the Motts dead? Another abandoned structure!

Halo Burger – Alright, maybe this is just because I have not had a decent burger from them in the past 5 years. But I have heard there are Nazi symbols in the tile work in the building – and let me tell you, there is only room for one fascist in Flint, and he is already in office.

So, please help us dismantle the Historic District Commission. Only four of the mayoral appointments support my view and I fear we will never be free to tear down what we need unless we stamp out opposition completely. Flint needs to get over having any hope for improvement – and those who preserve our history keep trying to remind us of when this was a cool place to live.
Post Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:09 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: