FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Walling accusations?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:
Dayne Walling wants this job as a stepping stone!

Cecil would be proud!

I wonder who his recruiter was?
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:44 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
So when will he be campaigning in the North & East sides? Or is it true that he doesn't think he needs their votes to win?

I think he is hitting all areas. He shouldn't need too much of the north end to win though and I imagine the low turnout East Side may vote for the "white guy". I don't see how Dayne couldn't dramtically win the high turnout white areas like the downtown "cultural" folks.

Realistically no candidate can personally visit all areas but Dayne should have the money to do some mailings.
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:50 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

no comprende' senior 2tap.........mucho chicas !!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:25 am 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Well placed sources say the fix is in. Walling does not have to actively campaign in the Black or Hispanic neighborhoods. Because there is an "Uncle Tom" black candidate vying for the mayor job. That person will do the leg work and at the last minute for dubious reasons drop out of the race and ask those Black and Hispanic voters to endorse the carpetbagger walling. Then if this backroom deal is sucessful this uncle tom whether it's a he or she will have a political appointment and retirement package at the tax payer expense. Stay tuned for more breaking news.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:49 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Well that maybe true Adam, but in a city that has a majority of African Americans he needs to extend the olive branch and show that he cares about them to. At this point he has not done so.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:46 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:
Well that maybe true Adam, but in a city that has a majority of African Americans he needs to extend the olive branch and show that he cares about them to. At this point he has not done so.

Even if Flint still has a small black majority that doesn't mean the mayoral voters are majority black. It's been a long time since Kinkaid barely lost to Stanley in a racial vote. Since then there's been some whites moved into downtown and a lot of homes bulldozed in the north end. Dayne has been making a special point to say he cares about everyone in every neighborhood (blacks in the north end) at every debate is seems and he did make some calculated moves to make sure he got petitions from every ward as well.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:08 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The primary and the general require diffident strategies.

Walling has to go after the white vote rather that the black vote in the primary and the black vote in the general.

Walling will make it to the general election because of the black vote.

Not because blacks will vote from him in great numbers, but because of the number of black candidates.

The black vote will be spread so thin between the black candidates it will be zeroed out, just as the last primary.

I am betting on Walling and Eason or Clack to make it to the general.

Then all Walling has to do if get one or all the failed candidates to support him in the general for the win.

Please insert your favorite hyphenism for the word black if you are offended.

Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

i concur steve. although i'm gonna bet walling / eason. oh what a tight one it wil be!!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:45 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

But Black voters are finding out that he isn't for them, but rather to get himself elected.

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
The primary and the general require diffident strategies.

Walling has to go after the white vote rather that the black vote in the primary and the black vote in the general.

Walling will make it to the general election because of the black vote.

Not because blacks will vote from him in great numbers, but because of the number of black candidates.

The black vote will be spread so thin between the black candidates it will be zeroed out, just as the last primary.

I am betting on Walling and Eason or Clack to make it to the general.

Then all Walling has to do if get one or all the failed candidates to support him in the general for the win.

Please insert your favorite hyphenism for the word black if you are offended.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:45 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Whats the difference between a black voter and a white voter??? If you live in Flint arent you all in the same crime infested boat so to speak?? Confused

Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:39 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:
But Black voters are finding out that he isn't for them, but rather to get himself elected.

I admit that I'm quite cynical, but isn't that true of most politicians?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:07 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

The difference is that Mr. Wallin doesn't care about the north end, he cares as one person on here stated "gettin elected". Its going to be Walling ( cause of all the whites ) and Greg Eason. Then Eason will kick his butt because Mr. Walling has snubbed the black voters.

Although I am no fan of Williamson, he did get it. He prayed, preached, donated, cleaned up and walked/drove in black areas. If you did a poll you would see that more people like him in the black community than the white.

quote:
twotap schreef:
Whats the difference between a black voter and a white voter??? If you live in Flint arent you all in the same crime infested boat so to speak?? Confused
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:17 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Being endorsed by 3 current council members who are at least part of the current problems gives me second thoughts.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Eason is a pretty straightforward guy, he will make an appeal (and will appeal) to white voters, I think.

As an outsider, he feels the need to highlight his endorsements from the insiders so he seems credible, and I think he figures kincaid is his ticket to a chance in that ward. I do know they are not calling any shots in his campaign.

He has other allies that will likely emerge after the primary, if he survives. I hope he does, he's bright and openminded.

Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:28 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

You may be confused by having a black president but I think Flint is stuck in the 60's. (I'm somewhat guessing on the decade because I'm not that old) It appears to me segregation and racism is alive and well. The murders seem for the most part to be mostly segregated to the black community as well.
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:32 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: