FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint City Council
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Anyone know who is running for Flint City Council and who isn't? I heard through the grapevine that Jim Ananich isn't running again????

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Im not.

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:16 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I've heard that Ananich isn't running & is endorsing someone, but I don't know who. He's planning on running against Lee Gonzales. Carolyn Sims isn't running, either. Lynne Waybright & Bernard Lawlor are running in the 5th ward, possibly others. I can't remember which ward, but Alex Harris is gathering signatures as well. I've also heard that Delrico Loyd is unopposed, so far.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:33 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

I salute Flint City Council President Jim Ananich for excellent public service. His father would be proud.

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

This is the list of folks that have taken petitions as of 3/31/09

Ward 1
Delrico Loyd
Herb Cleaves

Ward 2
David Davenport
Jackie Poplar

Ward 3
Quincy Murphy
Roy Heath
Bryant Nolden
Joel Rush
Johnnie Coleman
Chad Guenther
AC Dumas
Nayyirah Shariff
Kerry Nelson

Ward 4
Joshua Freeman
Sandy Hill
James Palasty II
Erick Hempel

Ward 5
Bernard Lawler
Walter Abrams
Patrick Julian
Lynne Waybright

Ward 6
Phillip Thompson
Sheldon Neeley
Travis Murphy

Ward 7
Jim Ananich
Mark Monreal
Michael Whysall

Ward 8
Ehren Gonzales
Wendy Braun
Scott Martin
Wade Jackson
Larry Hutchinson

Ward 9
Scott Kincaid
Todd Pollock
Anthony Wilson
Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Does everyone including incumbents have to get signatures to be on the ballot?

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

If you want your name on the ballot... it takes 100 valid signatures......

I turned in around 150 to make sure that I was covered....
Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
College Cultural Guy
F L I N T O I D

Weighill Seeks Seat on Flint City Council

Former Flint mayoral candidate Dale Weighill has announced his intention to run for the city council seat in Flint’s seventh ward. The seventh ward is currently represented by Councilman Jim Ananich. Ananich has announced that he will not be seeking reelection.

Weighill, an instructor at Mott Community College and CEO of Resource Genesee, said, “We have an opportunity to give Flint a fresh start in this election. I believe the city council needs new leaders with new ideas. Residents of the seventh ward have always supported public servants who are professional, issue-oriented, and solution-focused. That is the kind of leadership I intend to provide.”

Weighill pledged that his priorities would be to balance the city’s budget, develop constructive working relationships with the new mayor and other city officials, and support policies that will improve the quality of life for seventh ward and City of Flint residents.

Weighill, 38, has served as CEO for Resource Genesee, formerly the Resource Center, since 2000. He has been an adjunct instructor in political science at Mott Community College for more than ten years. He is originally from the metro Detroit area, where he served as one of Michigan youngest school board members for six years. He ran unsuccessfully for mayor of Flint in 2007.

A kick off event for the Weighill for Council campaign will be held at the Lunch Studio, 444 S. Saginaw Street, this Saturday, April 11, at 11am. The event is free and open to the public.

Flint’s seventh ward consists of the neighborhoods around Mott Community College and the Flint Cultural Center over to Center Road, south to Lippincott, and west to Saginaw Street. It includes much of downtown Flint, including The University of Michigan – Flint campus, the Mott Foundation Building, and The Flint Journal.
####
Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:54 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Per the Flint Journal Alex Harris is running against Gonzalas (sp?).

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:29 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

Shocked Shocked jesus, think enough are interested? Shocked Shocked

actually, thats great to see.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:17 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

thanks Josh and I wish you all the luck!

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

If you want your name on the ballot... it takes 100 valid signatures......

I turned in around 150 to make sure that I was covered....

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:29 am 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

josh,

Correct me if I am wrong.

If there are more than two candidates running for a council seat then they will have a primary election in august.

General election for two candidates for a council seat in November.

Count 9 candidates in ward 3 !!

Tells you the constituents in the 3rd ward are energized!

RAP

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:04 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well josh, i don't know you but i've read your heart for a couple years. you have my support dude!!! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:48 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
rapunzel11 schreef:

If there are more than two candidates running for a council seat then they will have a primary election in august.

RAP

You're right but even with one candidate on the ballot there would still be the primary.

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:10 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
rapunzel11 schreef:
josh,

RAP

You're right RAP....

Unless there are more than 2 candidates certified to run, there will be no primary for that Ward....

I think that when the deadline comes... there are going to be quite a few incumbants that are going to have a rough time in getting re-elected.
Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:54 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: