FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Walling for Mayor - Working for Change Volunteer Training
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Ronald. I believe you'll find that it is the conservatives that are the only ones in touch with reality. It's the Politicians Both Democrat and Republican that are out of touch with Reality.
They write themselves out of the Laws.
a. They write laws concerning "the do not call list" then exclude themselves from having to following it.
b. They write laws so that Companies can pad their pockets while sticking it to the voters.
c. They write the laws that Tax the living daylights out of the American Business; then tell them to stay in the USA and Keep the Jobs here, then turn around and write more laws so they can move out of the USA and ship their products back here without paying any tax on it.

Those people that did where both liberal and conservative Democrats and republicans.

True conservatives cannot survive in either party.
Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Actually the real issue for me was reading all your threads. Quotes like "rush limbaugh suffers from idiocy, mental deficiency, stupidity, imbecility." OR "
Stay in Alaska Palin eat more moose burgers, shoot more wolves from airplanes, breed more unwed marijuana smoking beer drinking children that also allegedly use drugs such as oxycontin, cocaine. What a disfunctional family? By staying in Alaska Sara Palin could even have more extra-marital affairs with her husbands business partners."

With that sort of intelect I have my doubts anyone would consider your thoughts on who should be Flints next mayor as any thing to be taken seriously.

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:30 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I and I can't argue that. When someone resorts to name calling they've proven that their mind is closed and do not wish to hear anyone else s opinion or facts.

It's one thing to call someone's idea stupid or ludicrous. It's another to call the person that.
Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

dave, i think the answer is, dayne will do something for flint after elected mayor. what else can it be?? not one person from his group has ever stated his views on anything. could be they figure we aren't worth answering? Shocked Shocked

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:19 pm 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

two tap for your information those quotes about sara palin and rush limbaugh did not originate with me. They were widely broadcast vie cnn, the new york times, the jay leno show, the detroit news and various other venue's.
Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:29 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

And of course you just had to include them in your little blog. I have seen some ridculious crap come from those you mentioned but never heard any of them make the comment " Stay in Alaska Palin eat more moose burgers, shoot more wolves from airplanes, breed more unwed marijuana smoking beer drinking children that also allegedly use drugs such as oxycontin, cocaine. What a disfunctional family? By staying in Alaska Sara Palin could even have more extra-marital affairs with her husbands business partners."
Thats the kind of stuff you get from some rabid hate spewing liberal who just happens to have access to a keyboard. Nice attempt at dodging though. Laughing

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:28 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Mooseburgers - YUM! Moose meat is excellent.

The way the economy's going, anyone got recipes for Squirrel, Raccoon, & Possum? What's the best sauce to use on barbecued pit bull?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:26 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

my my my..2tap has used the same type of rhetoric when addressing so-called "liberals"....funny how things can change. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:22 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

I noticed Dayne Walling is having a fundrasier at STAT EMS who currently is in violation of numerous city of Flint ordnances. Why would Dayne support that business when it is doing illegal work?
Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:59 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well....in all fairness, what are the violations and, were they a result of a conflict with the past mayor?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

P.Y.
Post Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:43 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
LakeWoman50 schreef:
I noticed Dayne Walling is having a fundrasier at STAT EMS who currently is in violation of numerous city of Flint ordnances. Why would Dayne support that business when it is doing illegal work?

Judging by past performance Flint is likely to get another mayor who will not follow the charter and not enforce the ordinances so Walling should fit right in. I don't have too much a problem with most of the ordinances not being enforced though. We probably already have enough criminals in Flint to fill up two county jails as it is.

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:58 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Not that I have a say despite the fact that I pay taxes to Flint, but I would be voting for Eason.

The guy is an accountant. He's honest and knows how to manage money. And I feel like he's invested in the success of the community.

I too Dave have been waiting for a more personal answer from the Walling camp. It never comes, it's always about the website. Eason wanted to talk to me, and was very earnest. I'm impressed now, and I'm hoping he at least gets through the primary so he can have a shot.

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:46 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i have to say, i'm with demeralda. i've known greg eason for at least 15 years and i know he's intelligent and i know he cares about flint.

P.Y.
Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:41 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

What are you doing home???Do pipefitters get spring break also?? Laughing

Post Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:59 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: