FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Rep Conyers Investigates Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio???
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Department of Justice (DOJ) has launched an investigation of the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office in Arizona following requests by congressional Democrats and allegations by liberal activists that the department has violated the civil rights of illegal aliens.

Reps. John Conyers (D-Mich.), Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.), Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.), and Robert Scott (D-Va.) requested the investigation, and activists groups such as National Day Laborer Organizer Network and ACORN launched petition drives and rallies in support of the probe.

The investigation focuses on Sheriff Joe Arpaio and dozens of officers under his command who were trained through the Department of Homeland Security's Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Agreements of Cooperation in Communities to Enhance Safety and Security (ACCESS), which partners federal and local law enforcement to enforce immigration laws. (The Homeland Security’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement division is known popularly as ICE.)

http://cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=44899

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Way to go Conyers. What the f--- do you know about the problem those in the southern border states are having with the illegals. Why dont you get off your worthless ass and do something about the crime problem right here in MI. To bad we dont have a sheriff Joe here in this state and I damn sure aint talking about Wilson. Evil or Very Mad Theirs a war going on down there and as usual its easy to see who's side the lib Democrats are on. 2010 here we come.

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:09 pm 
FStar
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Way to go Conyers. What the f--- do you know about the problem those in the southern border states are having with the illegals. Why dont you get off your worthless ass and do something about the crime problem right here in MI. To bad we dont have a sheriff Joe here in this state and I damn sure aint talking about Wilson. Evil or Very Mad Theirs a war going on down there and as usual its easy to see who's side the lib Democrats are on. 2010 here we come.

Just want to point out a couple of grammatical errors. "To bad...". You should use too. To is most commonly used as a preposition such as "going to the border" or "my family came to this country from El Salvador". Too is a synonym for also but can also be used to say "very" or "extremely". I suspect you meant to use too in this way.

Now, as far as your use of the incorrect form of the word theirs/theres - apostrophe left off on purpose, I won't even begin to educate you on the proper use of an apostrophe, only one english lesson a day. You use theirs a war using the their, which in actuality is the possessive of they. You should have used there's a war - there is a war.

You complain about illegal aliens, yet you can't even speak or write like you know english. Come clean, where are you from?
Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:01 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I don't know about twotap, but I'm from Elbonia.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I would be more interested in finding out where FStar is from. You gotta green card there FStar. Hey Sheriff Joe heres another one. Laughing

Otra illegal ilamada condestable. Laughing

Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:43 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Maybe John should take part in investigating what happened in Detroit....nah...
Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:34 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i vote for arpaio......i like him. Cool Cool Cool
Post Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:43 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

OK Conyers FStar and the rest of you democrats just whats the problem with this??

"Despite the growing criticism of the Sheriff’s illegal immigration fight by some valley politicians and activists, Sheriff Arpaio says 60 detention officers trained by ICE officials have conducted over 106,000 interviews and investigations of inmates booked into jail since April of 2007.

"In those 18 months, 16,000 inmates were determined to be illegal aliens. Either they have already been deported or will be deported after being tried and/or serving their sentences for crimes committed in the valley. The work being done be Arpaio’s detention staff is a likely contributor to the recent reduction in crime in the valley,” the press release added.

"That number of 16,000 represents a full one-third (1/3) of all inmates in the United States who have had holds placed on them after being identified by jail or prison officials as illegal aliens."

The press release goes on to say that 20 percent of inmates in the Maricopa County Jail are illegal aliens and that of those, 2,000 illegal aliens - 70 percent - were arrested for felony crimes.

Those felony crimes committed included the following: forgery, 12 percent; kidnapping, 10 percent; aggravated assault, 7 percent; driving under the influence, 7 percent; drug charges, 27 percent; robbery, 3 percent; murder, 3 percent; and theft, 4 percent.

The Democratic Congress members have also asked Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano to launch an investigation into the training provided by ICE.

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:58 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

you kats need to stop attempting to corral everyone in a nice neat group because your wrong. i'm a progressive democrat who appreciates sheriff arpaio. since being in las vegas for a year now i see the load it puts on the school system, hospitals and employment. the real problem has been the government who has not sincerely attempted to control the situation. here, there are simply so many the police don't even try.
Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:17 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well it is the democrats going after sheriff Joe aint it??? Confused Very Happy Hey Lt ya missed mentioning the crime rate of the illegals.

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:23 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

have you checked the crime rates of the "legals"

madoff
milkin
cheney
etc. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:14 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup as well as most of the Kennedys, most of Barackos democrap cabinet picks, Detroits democrap mayors, Flints Democrap mayors, the list goes on and on. Laughing

Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:47 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Don't forget all of OB's tax challenged appointees.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

I would vote for Sheriff Joe. At least he made room for his inmates by creating "Tent City". Sheriff Pickell is a joke. You can't get a criminal lodged if you want to. I think Chevy in the Hole would look nice filled with tents Laughing

Anytime someone comes up with a plan to address the crime issues affecting the area they are in charge of, someone will complain. Why is a MI Rep looking into this? Aren't there enough problems in MI? Have you driven around Flint lately?

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:13 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

****You can't get a criminal lodged if you want to.****

Sure you can, if it's a leap year and you find Jupiter aligned with Venus and it's before 5 am in the morning during the harvest moon and the day has to begin with the letter "F".
Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:56 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: