FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Why I carry.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Sounds like what my late grandfather had to endure many years ago on Alexander street before my parents were able to get him out of there. That was once fine mostly German immigrant neighborhood. Ill leave ya to your own devices to come up with the answer as to what turned it into the shithole it presently is.. Of course since I witnessed it first hand I know.

Last edited by twotap on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:15 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I grew up on Dartmouth, between King & Mason. Alexander's fairly close to there.
Did you see the article on the Journal's web site about abandoning parts of Flint & removing police & fire service from those areas?
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/03/city_of_flint_shutdown_offthec.html

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Dave,

You would think that since we pay taxes we could count on the police patroling our neighborhoods. That isn't the case though. The police are short staffed and overworked. You could request a "cruiser check" but I'm not sure if they will do it, since it is a low priority. The officers still working are going call to call already. There talking about cutting even more out of the police budget. This summer is going to be crazy! You better buy a couple of extra boxes of ammunation just in case Twisted Evil Mark my words Flint is going to beat New Orleans for the top spot.

I saw that article, what a joke. I agree with your post on MLIVE a hundred percent.

Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:16 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

A neighbor kid - junior grade thug - has a pickup order for assorted probation violations. His mom called the police to pick him up & they showed up 6 hours later. Not life & death, I know, but.................

Ammo's not a problem; I load my own. It's the only way I can afford to shoot a couple hundred rounds every couple weeks.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

"You better buy a couple of extra boxes of ammunition just in case"

Thanks to Obamas gungrabbin cabinet picks as well as his stellar antigun voting record ammo is flying off the shelves at a record pace as well as all types of firearms. So I guess you can say that Baracko has actually spurred the economy in one area.
Laughing Laughing
Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:34 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Yup. Smith & Wesson reported a pretty good profit recently.

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:00 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Obama makes it safer for airline terrorists

"After the September 11 attacks, commercial airline pilots were allowed to carry guns if they completed a federal-safety program. No longer would unarmed pilots be defenseless as remorseless hijackers seized control of aircraft and rammed them into buildings.

Now President Obama is quietly ending the federal firearms program, risking public safety on airlines in the name of an anti-gun ideology."

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:32 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Now President Obama is quietly ending the federal firearms program, risking public safety on airlines in the name of an anti-gun ideology."

But wait we were assured by Baracko and his rabid fans that he has no antigun agenda. Rolling Eyes
Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:04 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

I thought that the terroist threat was over. Obama is going to listen to the radical muslims and provide hugs when neccessary isn't he? Why would they want to attack America now?

Dave,

I don't even have a reply for your comment. Flint is only going to get worse unless we do something about the time delay. The city has already proven they don't care about the public safety of its citizens. We need more police, period. Wait till this summer it's going to be crazy.

Post Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:08 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

COLLEGE PARK, Ga. -- A group of college students said they are lucky to be alive and they’re thanking the quick-thinking of one of their own. Police said a fellow student shot and killed one of two masked me who burst into an apartment.

Channel 2 Action News reporter Tom Jones met with one of the students to talk about the incident.

“Apparently, his intent was to rape and murder us all,” said student Charles Bailey.

Bailey said he thought it was the end of his life and the lives of the 10 people inside his apartment for a birthday party after two masked men with guns burst in through a patio door.

“They just came in and separated the men from the women and said, ‘Give me your wallets and cell phones,’” said George Williams of the College Park Police Department.

Bailey said the gunmen started counting bullets. “The other guy asked how many (bullets) he had. He said he had enough,” said Bailey.

That’s when one student grabbed a gun out of a backpack and shot at the invader who was watching the men. The gunman ran out of the apartment.

The student then ran to the room where the second gunman, identified by police as 23-year-old Calvin Lavant, was holding the women.

“Apparently the guy was getting ready to rape his girlfriend. So he told the girls to get down and he started shooting. The guy jumped out of the window,” said Bailey.

A neighbor heard the shots and heard someone running nearby.

“And I heard someone say, ‘Someone help me. Call the police. Somebody call the police,’” said a neighbor.

The neighbor said she believes it was Lavant, who was found dead near his apartment, only one building away.

Bailey said he is just thankful one student risked his life to keep others alive.

“I think all of us are really cognizant of the fact that we could have all been killed,” said Bailey.

One female student was shot several times during the crossfire. She is expected to make a full recovery.

Police said they are close to making the arrest of the second suspect.
Post Thu May 07, 2009 1:45 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

please explain the relevence between shooting an invader in an apartment and pilots no longer carrying weapons? you can bet your ass if i'm on a plane thats being hijacked, ain't no hijacker with a pen knife (if they can get it by the screeners) gonna make me sit and ride into a building. are you tough guys gonna sit there?

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu May 07, 2009 9:38 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Obamas an idiot and an antigun idiot to boot. What is the problem with armed guards and pilots on aircraft?? Backagain I agree to sit there and let a handful of terrorist ragheads with boxcutters take over an aircraft is hard to believe but you have to remember that most if not all those passengers were brainwashed by a liberal media and education system to believe we can all just get along. You know give them what they want and they will leave you alone.

Post Fri May 08, 2009 7:22 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Well I think you're more liberal and trusting of the government. Maybe after you explain where our air defense was on 911 I can be more trusting like you.
Post Fri May 08, 2009 7:25 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

HUH?????

Post Fri May 08, 2009 7:31 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

uh oh, adam threw something at you, you were not aware of eh???? you've got research to do 2tap.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing and there quite a bit more.

oh, and the reason those people sat in those planes was because the terrorists told them they were going to another destination. they didn't have the advantage of hindsight as we now do. they simply didn't expect it. now we would all expect it and do everything in our power to change thst situation. naw 2tap, they were not "brainwashed". Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri May 08, 2009 11:42 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: