FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Name your favorite earmark
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
back again
F L I N T O I D

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing gotta hand it too you dude....you ARE a hard-core conservative!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:03 am 
UncleEffort
F L I N T O I D

My favorite earmark is that one that could potentially keep my fiance from being laidoff from her teaching job.

Last edited by UncleEffort on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:53 pm 
squash
F L I N T O I D

Funny, that's mine too.
Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:30 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Is that actually hidden in there anywhere? maybe right below the tatoo removing machine perhaps. Laughing

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:11 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

2tap could care less now that he has his general motors supplied pension by the union liberals he rants about. funny how people change Laughing Laughing

gee, i think i'll run down to the local borders to buy joe the plumbers thoughts on americanism.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:18 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
2tap could care less now that he has his general motors supplied pension by the union liberals he rants about.

Where did you come up with that one??? Of course I want Squash and uncle efforts fiance to keep their jobs. I am just not seeing where thats a priority in the obamagazm spending plan. Oh ya one more thing you want to hear some hate speech try reading some of the comments in the Journal and elsewhere when it comes to what a majority seem to think about us UAW workers keeping that whopping pension. "Bail out GM no way let em go under" The same old liberal class envy out to get anyone that might have more than them.

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:33 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Used to be, people were praised for "making something of themselves". Now, they're reviled. No longer do we try to pull people up, we pull them down.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup it aint fair someones got something that some lazy ass slacker dosent. Laughing

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:33 am 
squash
F L I N T O I D

I believe that if you quantified most of my values I would be labeled a conservative. I go to work every day, I pay my taxes, I own a gun, I invest in the stock market, I go to church etc. The problem I have with the mainstream conservative movement is that they give themselves way too much credit for their own success. I'm happy to hear 2tap say that he doesn't want me to lose my job. I appreciate that, sincerely. But I don't think Limbaugh (the face of conservatism) feels the same. I think he wants me and my family (the middle class) to struggle mightily for the next four years just so he can win an argument. (thereby getting more listeners) I often find it patronizing to have books reccomended to me, but Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell gives great insight in to what it takes to be successful. I'm well aware that much of my success in making it to the middle class is not due to my hard work or good decision making, but other factors as well. My family structure, my proximity to educational opportunities and even my light skin contributed to my success. I see kids daily who have less opportunity than me because of things they have no control over. Every person in America is given a window of opportunity, it's just that some windows are very small and they close quickly.
Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:30 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well if you dont make the most of what ya got you have no one to blame but yourself. Liberals are always looking for an excuse to fail.

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:52 am 
UncleEffort
F L I N T O I D

quote:
squash schreef:
I believe that if you quantified most of my values I would be labeled a conservative. I go to work every day, I pay my taxes, I own a gun, I invest in the stock market, I go to church etc. The problem I have with the mainstream conservative movement is that they give themselves way too much credit for their own success. I'm happy to hear 2tap say that he doesn't want me to lose my job. I appreciate that, sincerely. But I don't think Limbaugh (the face of conservatism) feels the same. I think he wants me and my family (the middle class) to struggle mightily for the next four years just so he can win an argument. (thereby getting more listeners) I often find it patronizing to have books reccomended to me, but Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell gives great insight in to what it takes to be successful. I'm well aware that much of my success in making it to the middle class is not due to my hard work or good decision making, but other factors as well. My family structure, my proximity to educational opportunities and even my light skin contributed to my success. I see kids daily who have less opportunity than me because of things they have no control over. Every person in America is given a window of opportunity, it's just that some windows are very small and they close quickly.

Good post, you're views are pretty similar to mine. I think that you've described what Mr. Limbaugh is to a tee, a shameless self promoter.

Although one thing.

quote:
I believe that if you quantified most of my values I would be labeled a conservative. I go to work every day, I pay my taxes, I own a gun, I invest in the stock market, I go to church etc.

I don't see how anybody can label these type of beliefs or activities as being Liberal or Conservative. I'm sure that their are plenty of Liberals who go to church and plenty of Conservatives who aren't hard workers.

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:16 am 
UncleEffort
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Well if you dont make the most of what ya got you have no one to blame but yourself. Liberals are always looking for an excuse to fail.

Some have said that Conservatives are always looking for a scapegoat.

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:17 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Shameless self promoter pretty much describes just about every liberal politican I can think of. Along with of course fearmongering, blame someone else for your problems experts.

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:20 am 
UncleEffort
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Shameless self promoter pretty much describes just about every liberal politican I can think of. Along with of course fearmongering, blame someone else for your problems experts.

Well if Mr. Limbaugh thinks that he can do a better job then maybe he might want to get himself elected to office somewhere and go to Washington. That's what his buddy Al Franken did. Of course if Mr. Limbaugh decided to run for office he might actually have to engage in some sort of fair debate with the opposition. Maybe it's safer for him to remain in his protective cocoon on the radio.

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:27 am 
squash
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I don't see how anybody can label these type of beliefs or activities as being Liberal or Conservative. I'm sure that their are plenty of Liberals who go to church and plenty of Conservatives who aren't hard workers.

I agree, but many would use these values to apply a label. I wouldn't consider myself a conservative or a lib. Some of the posters on this site would be more than happy to label me though. Smile
Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:09 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: