FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: LAND BANK FLINT'S BIGGEST SLUM LORD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Is The Genesee County Land Bank Flint's Worst Slum Lord?
Yes, they have bitten off more than they can chew
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
No, they are just trying to take over all the property in Flint.
26%
 26%  [ 9 ]
RECALL DAN KILDEE - Lets Clean Flint Up.
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 34

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I agree with you Demeralda 110%

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
The bigger picture, IMO (and sorry to take this off track) is that Dan Kildee seems to enjoy the prestige and/or political connections from that job and doesn't seem to be working that hard at it.

I don't know for certain -- I don't know how hard one could really work at that job (I seriously could see myself personally going to some of these properties and cleaning up trash), and he seems like a nice enough guy, but every time he's talking or others are talking to him, they're talking about his eventual bid for governor. Seems he's a lot more worried about that than fixing up Flint.

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Genesee County Land Bank
Strategic Planning Survey

The Genesee County Land Bank Authority is beginning a strategic planning process to continue to grow and improve the programs of its organization. We need your input and assistance in creating strategies that will allow the organization to better meet the needs of the community. The Genesee County Land Bank Authority would be very grateful if you would take a few minutes to complete a survey by following the link below. By doing so, you will provide direction to the Genesee County Land Bank Authority in the areas of potential improvements and growth to ensure its success in the community.

All responses will be confidential. Survey deadline is January 14, 2009. After the 14th the survey will be closed. If you have already completed the survey, thank you for your input and participation!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=LSqFV_2bcXzfiuAqUncUx3XA_3d_3d

If you are having trouble accessing the link, please copy and paste it in to your browser.

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:07 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

According to the East Village magazine the land bank is looking at possible agricultural uses for some of its 2,493 vacant lots. Unsurprisingly government regulations may get in the way of this.
Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:59 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Wow Adam, the land bank should start a farm opperation here in flint.

quote:
Adam schreef:
According to the East Village magazine the land bank is looking at possible agricultural uses for some of its 2,493 vacant lots. Unsurprisingly government regulations may get in the way of this.

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:56 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

lol I wouldn't mind us moving in an Amish family. They would probably have to go downtown to sell there stuff though because it is illegal for them to set up a stand although I'm sure it's probably illegal for them to move in anyways.
Post Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:51 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Then we could open trading posts too!

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

lol I wouldn't mind us moving in an Amish family. They would probably have to go downtown to sell there stuff though because it is illegal for them to set up a stand although I'm sure it's probably illegal for them to move in anyways.

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:40 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Put in on the river & call it Jacob Smith's

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

agricultural use??? now thats a great idea..i think dan should talk to barbara griffith (sp). i ragged a little on her during the election but in all reality she has and continues to do a fantastic job getting funding to supply jobs to neighborhood youth in my neighborhood between s.saginaw and dort, and lapeer and lippincott. i was talking to her a couple years ago and she has connections with an agricultural guy (i think in new york) who teaches successful urban gardening. every time i've ever seen her with her employees, she was right there with them keeping them working and motivated. HEY DAN!!! if your reading this and you haven't already, please talk to her....she has invaluable knowledge!! Wink Wink Wink Wink
Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:23 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Yes, see now we are talking!

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Put in on the river & call it Jacob Smith's

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:37 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Still no work over here in jane or mabel aves
Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:32 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Did your council person submit a list of demo requests to John Carpenter?

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Update: I heard through the grapevine this afternoon that NO council person has submitted a list of houses needing demolition to John Carpenter.

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:40 pm 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:

What type of Gov. regulations?

Many empty lots were bulldozed houses and No telling what filled in the holes?

Can't grow vegi's on on top of asbestos etc.?

Heard rumours the city was bringing in junk to dump in holes before leveling with dirt.

Not anything I would grow in to feed children/communities.

I am all for community gardens.

Peace,
RAP

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:16 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The ones I've seen demoed had the basement walls & floor removed. The holes were filled with what looked like clean fill. before starting a garden I'd take a sample to the MSU extension service for some tests.

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:45 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

The policy on demolitions have changed a lot in the last 3 years. Back in 2000 the city of Flint would remove the structure and then knock the basement walls in. They would then put not so good fill dirt on top of it.

Fast forward to 2003 to present and all basements are removed now, no debris is put in the hole.

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:56 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: