FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Alex Harris's recall attempt - Successful Mayor Resigns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

The question was directed at Dave. I am unable to watch you-tube videos where I am, Two Tap. If the Man Show did a skit with that routine, they stole it from Penn and Teller. Regardless, my question still stands.
Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:21 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ever see one of these?? Perfect for your travels. Very Happy
http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/laptop-inspiron-9?c=us&cs=19&l=en&ref=lthp&s=dhs

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:38 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
iI's the political establishment that's working to recall Don. They feel entitled to the position, and can't stand the thought that someone they didn't anoint won the election. It's not about what's best for Flint, it's about political power.

Dave, who are the members of the "political establishment" that you speak of?

I think that there were about 6 people on the steering committee, none of which were 'political establishment' folks.... No one from the Democratic Party, no one from Dayne Wallings group... no one from the Kildee group.... no one from the Stanley crowd.... just regular folks....

So again, who are you talking about Dave?
Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Rushmoore
F L I N T O I D

Dave seems to think the "shadow government" or the "Illuminati" are behind the recall, when it is actually just those of us in Flint who know the Con is absolutely useless as mayor.

I think Lakewoman is a funny person, they seem to think that anyone with a sound mind would back Walling, Stanley or Williamson.

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:35 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Since I no longer reside in the Flint area I really don't have a dog in the fight so to speak. Just wondering if the recall is successful who's in line to be the Dons successor?

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:03 pm 
Rushmoore
F L I N T O I D

Well twotap, I am sure the Con will do one of two things, pick some weasel like Durryl to back, or just move out of town. Now that the mayors office is no longer a unpaid position maybe Flint will get lucky and attract some real talent to be mayor. As long as it is not a puppet for the Con or Kincaid, it will be better than what we have now.

I think of all the people in this area that are skilled enough and talented enough to do it and think it is a real shame that all we have had was a faxed in run against Williamson in 2003, and Failing in 2007.

Considering the only person with something bad to say about her is the Con, maybe Kay Kelly should run.

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:19 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Walling will be our next mayor, its only a matter of time till we get rid of Con Don

quote:
Rushmoore schreef:
Dave seems to think the "shadow government" or the "Illuminati" are behind the recall, when it is actually just those of us in Flint who know the Con is absolutely useless as mayor.

I think Lakewoman is a funny person, they seem to think that anyone with a sound mind would back Walling, Stanley or Williamson.
Post Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:20 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Good Bye Don!

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/10/initial_review_indicates_recal.html
Post Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:46 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Don is the cat.....Smile

Post Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:36 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

TWOTAP Who is that in the car in your picture?
Post Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:49 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
flintoid70
F L I N T O I D

Did you see that Mayor Williamson laid off forestry employees from the city Parks Department while paying County Commissioner Miles Gadola (the new Kearsley Park Project Director, who admitted that he knew nothing about parks) out of city park funds.

Williamson claimed that he'd pay Gadola out of his own pocket but, as usual, he used tax money. Kay Kelly, who Williamson fired as Kearsley Park Project Director, was paid with a grant from the Ruth Mott Foundation and didn’t cost the taxpayers anything. Williamson fired Kelly and lost the grant but is now paying another incompetent while laying off city workers.
Post Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:35 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

"TO ALL INTERESTED PARTIES : The Campaign Committee Seeking the Recall & Removal from office of Flint Mayor Don Williamson will be having a Fundraising Event tomorrow ( Thursday, January 15th @ the White Horse Tavern from 4:30pm - ? ) The White Horse is located in downtown Flint at the intersection of W. Court St. & Ann Arbor St. * A donation of $20 per person is the requested cost for this "Kick-off in the Final Drive" to promote the Election set for February 24, 2009. Thanks & hope to see you tomorrow at the White Horse, Alex Harris"
Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:30 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

There is no way that Uncle Don will be booted from office. The Williamson Machine is to big of a power to be recalled in this city. He has a ton of support from all 9 wards. If he is recalled Alex Harris & Co. can shave my head when the results come in. I am so confident in it, that I will let him shave my head.

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

You are willing to jeopardize the health of your follicles in winter, over this debacle?
Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:49 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

There is another fundraiser schedule for Thursday, February 5th at the White Horse. Donation of $20 with pizza and salad provided. The recall wheels are turning smoothly. Anyone wishing to make a donation can send them to Flint Michigan United at 818 Ann Arbor Street, Flint, Michigan 48502.

Ryan, your unwavering support for a malcontent who has misappropriated many taxpayer dollars is unbelievable. Not a day goes by that another Williamson appointee is in the news doing something stupid, or better yet, Don himself pulls another boo boo. Todays Urinal is full of examples:

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/01/flint_police_department_launch.html

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/01/davenport_tries_to_resurrect_poplar_recall.html

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/01/aide_to_mayor_don_williamson_f.html

I think you should reconsider your previous statement. I have had my head shaved since 1991. Some people look good with it, some don't. I believe you will look silly.
Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:09 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: