FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Alex Harris's recall attempt - Successful Mayor Resigns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

Gosh. Lakewoman sure has a lot of faith in that Alex Harris. He must be one smart dude. She seems to think he knows about everything.
Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:57 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

GO ALEX GO!
Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:39 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Contact Alex Harris
Person: (810) 625- 4102 or (810) 424- 6366

Event: RECALL OF FLINT MAYOR DONALD WILLIAMSON

Event date: Thursday, October 16th , 2008

-For Immediate Release-

On Thursday, October 16th, 2008, the Committee for a Better Flint ( CBF ) will hold a 3pm News Conference at their Campaign Headquarters in downtown Flint. The Headquarters is located at the intersection of W.Court & Ann Arbor St ( 818 Ann Arbor St. in Flint, Mi. ) * The purpose of the event will be to announce our intentions to submit to the Genesee County Clerk the many hundreds of petitions and thousands of signatures seeking the recall and removal from office of Flint’s mayor, Donald J. Williamson. This announcement is the culmination of months of hard work and the involvement of many dedicated people in the city of Flint. The CBF is optimistic that the burden of providing the necessary 8,004 valid voter signatures of Flint residents has been met, thus allowing for the referendum that places the recall issue before the voters of Flint.

Based on a successful completion of this stage of the recall process, there will be an election date established for the removal from office of Don Williamson.

Despite the obstacles and obvious constraints recently orchestrated by Don Williamson and his administration, we remain confident the voters of Flint will be afforded their legal right to vote on the removal from office of Mayor Williamson.

All questions regarding this effort to recall Flint Mayor Don Williamson should be directed to Alex Harris at (810) 238 – 9017 or (810) 625 - 4192
Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:56 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

17,000 petitions turned in!!!
Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:01 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The Committee for a Better Flint, a Dayne Walling production.

How many valid signatures?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
The Committee for a Better Flint, a Dayne Walling production.

I think Dayne may have been too busy getting ready for his next campaign to help out much.
Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:44 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

If you knew Alex Harris, you would know that this is not a Dayne Walling Production.....
Post Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Rushmoore
F L I N T O I D

If the CBF had been about Dayne Walling I would not have supported it.

But, I am amazed at the lengths Williamson supporters will go through to connect people that are not connected. At this point one thing is clear, Hoodrow was a better mayor than the Con, so perhaps the Con attempting to connect Hoodrow to Walling was dumb. Not as dumb as Walling not countering the attack, but still dumb.

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:46 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

The recall is a Dayne Walling production and rightly so. He is the most qualified to lead this city. Dayne and Woodrow Stanley both are working to recall the mayor. Don the con needs to get a new job
Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:01 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

iI's the political establishment that's working to recall Don. They feel entitled to the position, and can't stand the thought that someone they didn't anoint won the election. It's not about what's best for Flint, it's about political power.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

17,000 people signed those petitions, Dave, are they all part of the "political establishment"?
Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:04 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

There have been petitions circulated calling for the banning of Dihydrogen Monoxide, too, and people have signed them. I'm still waiting for the determination of how many of those signatures are valid.

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:25 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Heres another good one.

Link

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:29 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Oh, I see. You saw a Penn and Teller skit so now you think that those thousands of people who signed to recall the mayor are too stupid to know what they signed. Do I have that right?
Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:50 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

No its actually a Man Show skit and I have no idea of the mentality of those signing the recall petition. Jeez lighten up will ya. Laughing

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:06 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: