FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: LAND BANK FLINT'S BIGGEST SLUM LORD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Is The Genesee County Land Bank Flint's Worst Slum Lord?
Yes, they have bitten off more than they can chew
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
No, they are just trying to take over all the property in Flint.
26%
 26%  [ 9 ]
RECALL DAN KILDEE - Lets Clean Flint Up.
55%
 55%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 34

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

They both seem to feed off each other. I don't see how they couldn't be freinds.
Post Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:51 am 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

I trust both of them.

Post Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I have found that talking to Dan Kildee about issues is very productive. I have had a few problems and Dan talked, listened and got them resolved for the most part.

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
she47
F L I N T O I D

The Land Bank has it's hands tied with many of these properties. People have moved away, died and their relatives didn't want the properties or investors bought them online and didn't realize how bad they were.
The metal thieves and vandals have made the fate of these homes even bleaker than ever before. When foreclosed homes and HUD homes are selling at a fraction of the value of their neighbors, what hope is there for the abandoned homes.
Flint's population is expected to reach below 100,000 in the next census. There is no need for most of these homes. However, the Land Bank doesn't need to be the great developer and spend the majority of their funds on projects like the Durant. Now that private money is coming in for the Durant maybe they will demolish many of the truly bad properties they own.
It may be time for urban renewal like the former Saint John Street area.
Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:40 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i agree she47.....tear them down..allow neighbors to buy the land or plant gardens.
Post Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:44 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

I called them today about a house on Mabel and they told me and I quote " We own to many properties to make sure they are all maintained, maybe you and your neighbors should clean it up and secure it".

quote:
she47 schreef:
The Land Bank has it's hands tied with many of these properties. People have moved away, died and their relatives didn't want the properties or investors bought them online and didn't realize how bad they were.
The metal thieves and vandals have made the fate of these homes even bleaker than ever before. When foreclosed homes and HUD homes are selling at a fraction of the value of their neighbors, what hope is there for the abandoned homes.
Flint's population is expected to reach below 100,000 in the next census. There is no need for most of these homes. However, the Land Bank doesn't need to be the great developer and spend the majority of their funds on projects like the Durant. Now that private money is coming in for the Durant maybe they will demolish many of the truly bad properties they own.
Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:43 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well just damn...maybe this land bank thing ain't all it's
cracked up to be. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Cool
Post Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:57 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
she47 schreef:
However, the Land Bank doesn't need to be the great developer and spend the majority of their funds on projects like the Durant. Now that private money is coming in for the Durant maybe they will demolish many of the truly bad properties they own.

Spoken truly well by someone who doesn't have a clue as to what they are talking about! Why do people keep pointing fingers at the Durant as if any of the money that went to the Durant could have in some magical way been used to take care of these abandonded houses?
Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:41 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

maybe if the land bank put as much effort into the North & East sides as they do into their pet areas, we'd have better neighborhoods. They can find millions for the Durant, why can't they find money for the other areas?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
she47
F L I N T O I D

Ted you need to speak to the land bank staff. They stated that a great deal of land bank money was initially pegged for the Durant. Now that private money is in place there may be money for homes to be either demolished or rehabbed.
Stop going off all of the time when you don't understand the issues. Remeber all of the times you defended jackie poplar and claimed you didn't know the crime she committed. The newspaper told you-extortion under color of position. All you had to do was look it up on your computer, but you continued to make a fool of yourself. The reasons she did it are not a defense in court and she did not qualify for a diversion program
Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:23 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
she47 schreef:
Ted you need to speak to the land bank staff. They stated that a great deal of land bank money was initially pegged for the Durant. Now that private money is in place there may be money for homes to be either demolished or rehabbed.
Stop going off all of the time when you don't understand the issues. Remeber all of the times you defended jackie poplar and claimed you didn't know the crime she committed. The newspaper told you-extortion under color of position. All you had to do was look it up on your computer, but you continued to make a fool of yourself. The reasons she did it are not a defense in court and she did not qualify for a diversion program

What monies were pegged for the Durant? What were these monies going to be used for? How much was spent?

The Durant will be a money maker for the Land Bank since they will collect the taxes for that property. Maybe the money earned from renovating that property can be used for more demo's than they are already doing.
Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

OK, I will call the Land bank and ask how much of their budget went to the Durant? I will report back! Of course come money was allocated. Nobody works for free or does an engineering study for nothing. Of course there where initial cost. You make it sound like the majority of their budget for cutting grass and tearing down houses went to the durant and that if we just tore it down and used what was left Flint would be w=ay better off.

And as far as Ms. Poplar goes. It's hard to prove extortion when you tell everybody and their uncle public ally what your doing! She sought council of the City attorney and she saw nothing wrong with it. Until she voted against Don Williamson. Then because of one vote. All of a sudden this became public that it was illegal. She only to make that part of Politics that we all knows and can see going on in Flint public (or legitimize it). If she wouldn't have gone to the City attorney and never said a thing about it publicly or denied it! Then she would have probably gotten away with it as DON has done since DAY ONE! Nobody will rat on him. Because he pays them off with our tax dollars. She never had any intent to extort money form anyone. You should have watched the show. When I get it dug out I'll make it a priority to put it on my website so you can watch at your leisure. The FBI looked at it found NO INTENT to extort or even fraud. Thus nothing happened. I find it amazing that no one. Including myself, prior to the investigation thought to say a word. Where were you? Did you get up in the weeks before this happened when she sat in Council and told everyone and no one said a thing that what she was doing was wrong. Not the City attorney, not a council president, not the Mayor, Joe Conroy, or anyone else she discussed it with before doing it. When the City Attorney and her representative said nothing about it when she talked about it public ally. It was assumed it was cool.
Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Right on Josh, The Durant Hotel fixed up and with 300 plus people in it ( not counting businesses on the first floor ) means more tax revenue for the city coffers! They need to renovate Genesee Towers next!!

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
quote:
she47 schreef:

What monies were pegged for the Durant? What were these monies going to be used for? How much was spent?

The Durant will be a money maker for the Land Bank since they will collect the taxes for that property. Maybe the money earned from renovating that property can be used for more demo's than they are already doing.

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:57 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Ryan Eashoo"] Right on Josh, The Durant Hotel fixed up and with 300 plus people in it ( not counting businesses on the first floor ) means more tax revenue for the city coffers! They need to renovate Genesee Towers next!!

Not for the City's Coffers... but for the Land Banks coffers.... I believe that when a Land Bank takes over a property and that property gets put back on the tax rolls... those taxes go to the Land Bank rather than the local unit of government.
Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

The Land Bank Doesn't actually own the property, they have about a 5% interest in the property. They sold this property to the developer ( out of lansing ). The land bank at this point has very little money out of there pocket if any I bet.

[quote="Josh Freeman"]
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Right on Josh, The Durant Hotel fixed up and with 300 plus people in it ( not counting businesses on the first floor ) means more tax revenue for the city coffers! They need to renovate Genesee Towers next!!

Not for the City's Coffers... but for the Land Banks coffers.... I believe that when a Land Bank takes over a property and that property gets put back on the tax rolls... those taxes go to the Land Bank rather than the local unit of government.

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:11 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: