FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Obama the snake
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hes fresh and different alright. Rolling Eyes

Obama's Double-Dealing Diplomacy
By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Tuesday, September 16, 2008 4:20 PM PT

Election '08: Barack Obama premised his campaign on calling for a speedy withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq. But now he's been quietly telling Iraq "not so fast." It's part of a deceptive pattern.

Iraq's Foreign Minister Moshyar Zebari told the New York Post's Amir Taheri that Obama made delaying the troops' return a key theme of his talks with Iraqi leaders during his campaign stop in Baghdad last July.

"He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the U.S. elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington," Zebari told Teheri, on the record.

Funny, that's not what Obama told voters. He has made an immediate pullout the cornerstone of his campaign. Taheri's report signals the Democratic standard-bearer would manipulate the war's end for political advantage and is willing to deceive voters to do it.

This in itself is reprehensible. But his secret calls also leave U.S. troops unnecessarily in harm's way. It's the kind of foreign policy meddling that serves Obama's interests over the national interest.

"Obama has given Iraqis the impression that he doesn't want Iraq to appear anything like a success, let alone a victory, for America," Taheri reported. "To be credible, his foreign-policy philosophy requires Iraq to be seen as a failure, a disaster, a quagmire, a pig with lipstick or any of the other apocalyptic adjectives used by the American defeat industry in the past five years."

Can Obama be trusted? We ask because he's shown a pattern of secretive double-dealing with voters, not just in his talking about small town voters one way in Scranton and another way in San Francisco, as Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin pointed out, but particularly in foreign affairs.

It dates back to at least February, when Obama's economic adviser, Austan Goolsbee, secretly told the Canadian embassy that Obama's demagoguery against NAFTA in the primaries was just a Styrofoam-pillar bid to win the Ohio vote.

Obama's pattern of deception continued. In March, Colombian troops raided a FARC terrorist camp in Ecuador and recovered a terrorist computer belonging to a top FARC warlord, Raul Reyes.

Computer e-mails revealed that someone who knew Obama's positions had secretly met with the terrorists and assured them Obama would cut U.S. military aid under Plan Colombia and veto its free trade pact. Both are major goals of the Marxist terrorists aligned with America's enemies.

Subsequent events confirmed this. Obama did come out in favor of shutting Colombia out of free trade. More disturbingly, Obama adviser Daniel Restrepo last week told Colombia's Radio Caracol that Obama planned to convert the military aid Colombia needs to crush terrorists into social aid programs that don't.

That's not the end of it. Now Obama is double-dealing with Iraqi officials to leave American troops in harm's way and prolong the appearance of war long enough to call it a failure and win votes.

The astonishing thing about Obama's deals is they're the very thing Democrats accused Republicans of without a shred of proof.

They accused Richard Nixon of making a secret deal with the North Vietnamese to prolong the Vietnam war enough to presumably win election in 1968.

Years later, in 1980, they accused Ronald Reagan of making a secret deal with Iranian terrorists holding U.S. diplomats hostage to win election over incumbent Jimmy Carter.

Neither of these claims, often repeated by leftist historians, has ever been proven. But the statement of Iraq's foreign minister, speaking to a leading writer on foreign policy, is considerably stronger as evidence. It signals that Obama places politics over the national interest to the extent that he would work against his own public positions to gull voters into electing him.

It's the absolute opposite of John McCain's courageous position supporting the surge in Iraq, even as politicos were warning him he'd lose the election for it. "I'd rather lose an election than lose a war," McCain said.

With Obama's promises to sit down with dictators in Venezuela, Cuba, Syria and Iran, voters have a right to ask if he's made any deals at odds with his public condemnations of them, too. Before he starts acting like president, he needs to come clean to voters and reveal his true positions. Whatever they are, voters have a right to know.

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:06 pm 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

This is a reprint from another article posted here (originally from the New York Post) a couple of days ago, so I'll reprint my response:

This doesn't pass the smell test. Obama doesn't have a history of making these kinds of political blunders. Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari would be a fool to admit this in public (thus electing McCain and extending the war), and the NYP has an agenda.

When Zebari gets on TV and says it I'll believe it.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Try reading the 7th paragraph.
Obama camp hits back at Iraq double-talk claim
2 days ago

PUEBLO, Colorado (AFP) — Barack Obama's White House campaign angrily denied Monday a report that he had secretly urged the Iraqis to postpone a deal to withdraw US troops until after November's election.

In the New York Post, conservative Iranian-born columnist Amir Taheri quoted Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari as saying the Democrat made the demand when he visited Baghdad in July, while publicly demanding an early withdrawal.

"He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the US elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington," Zebari said in an interview, according to Taheri.

"However, as an Iraqi, I prefer to have a security agreement that regulates the activities of foreign troops, rather than keeping the matter open," Zebari reportedly said.

The Republican campaign of John McCain seized on the report to accuse Obama of double-speak on Iraq, calling it an "egregious act of political interference by a presidential candidate seeking political advantage overseas."

But Obama's national security spokeswoman Wendy Morigi said Taheri's article bore "as much resemblance to the truth as a McCain campaign commercial."

In fact, Obama had told the Iraqis that they should not rush through a "Strategic Framework Agreement" governing the future of US forces until after President George W. Bush leaves office, she said.

In the face of resistance from Bush, the Democrat has long said that any such agreement must be reviewed by the US Congress as it would tie a future administration's hands on Iraq.

"Barack Obama has never urged a delay in negotiations, nor has he urged a delay in immediately beginning a responsible drawdown of our combat brigades," Morigi said.

"These outright distortions will not changes the facts -- Senator Obama is the only candidate who will safely and responsibly end the war in Iraq and refocus our attention on the real threat: a resurgent Al-Qaeda and Taliban along the Afghanistan/Pakistan border."

Last Tuesday, Bush announced plans to remove 8,000 US troops from Iraq in the coming months and send 4,500 to Afghanistan by January.

Obama said the president was belatedly coming round to his own way of thinking, but also accused Bush of "tinkering around the edges" and "kicking the can down the road to the next president."

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:48 pm 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

Okay, I read it. Obama said Iraq should wait until the next president is elected to decide how many troops remaining, stationed where, bases, etc.

Draw down troops now, worry about bases later. Mutually exclusive. The (false) implication is that this means Obama wanted to hold off on troop withdrawal.

An analogy. Get married now, buy a house later. Just because we can't decide which house to buy doesn't mean I don't want to get married, that we shouldn't rent a church, flowers, caterer, etc.

Zebari's point was that an agreement that doesn't remove any troops is better than no agreement at all. His point is valid, but it doesn't mean Obama is being duplitious (sp?).

quote:
twotap schreef:
Try reading the 7th paragraph...Obama had told the Iraqis that they should not rush through a "Strategic Framework Agreement" governing the future of US forces until after President George W. Bush leaves office...
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

How much you getting paid for being Barackos water boy on the Flint Forum ??? Ill bet it aint enough. Laughing

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:31 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

One of these days I think someone's gonna Hulk out on you on these boards.

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:46 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hulk out that's funny ill say one thing, for all those that claim Mccain and Sarah are not a threat they sure are getting antsy.

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:29 pm 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
How much you getting paid for being Barackos water boy on the Flint Forum ??? Ill bet it aint enough. Laughing

That's funny. And here I was jealous - I figured with all the lame and easily disprovable reasons you give for sticking with Bush/McCain, Obama has been paying you. Crying or Very sad
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:40 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well lets see we have just two choices. A war hero with many years in Washington and a gov of the largest state. One sort of conservative the other very much so. The other choice. A liberal with no experience running anything who is very much tied to a racist past and who is where he is at the present time only because of his race. Anti gun, wishywashy on national security, feels he needs to punish success by naming an income figure that he feels is excessive, very much afraid to face the American people in a one on one town hall debate with his opponent (whats he scared of)???, has all the usual Hollywood libs swooning over him, I could go on and on but that's where we are at. Jeez now who to choose??? Confused

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:52 pm 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

Okie-dokey, let's check out this list.

McCain
A war hero - Yep.
many years in Washington - Yep. Part of the problem. 4 more years of Bush.
gov of the largest state - Alaska is physically big, what's the point?
One sort of conservative - McCain scares the poop out of Real conservatives
the other very much so - she's a social conservative who spends like a Dem

Obama
A liberal - left of center. Kusinich is a real liberal.
no experience running anything - built $300 mill campaign, 2,500 staff in 2 yrs.
tied to a racist past - Said Wright's views are not his.
only because of race - Part, not only. Like saying Palin only for her veejay.
Anti gun - Strong supporter of the right to bear arms.
wishywashy on national security - Promised to talk to people first
needs to punish success - Roll back Bush tax cuts to Clinton rates
naming an income figure that he feels is excessive - $250K = $0 new taxes
one on one town hall debate - Said yes, McCain turned him down.
Hollywood libs - Movie stars get to support whoever they want - just like you.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:24 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Anti gun - Strong supporter of the right to bear arms.

You libs believe if you keep repeating something enough it will be true. Obama is the most antigun prez candidate in history. I have posted his record many times of course its not to your benefit to apparently even take the time to read it.

There is not one reason for me to support the likes of Barack Hussein Obama not one, regardless of what the Hollywood leftists say.

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:40 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:

One of these days I think someone's gonna Hulk out on you on these boards.

Bring it on baby. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:05 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Butterbean?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Marko Rollo schreef:
she's a social conservative who spends like a Dem

Flint and Michigan spens like Dems. I think it's correct to put Wasila and Alaska in the category of Flint and Michigan.
Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:43 am 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

I got your back TT......it's no use talking to them....complete waste of time.

I find it very funny that Obama still states he will increase spending and lower taxes..IT'S A F$%%KING LIE.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:28 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: