FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The treatment of Sarah Palin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Mellow D schreef:
No, Dave. I am voting for him out of desperation, too. I am desperate

1) to see our troops brought home from Iraq
2) our economy repaired
3) our standing in the world as a great nation restored
4) to fix an increasingly failing public school system
5) to eliminate our dependence on foreign oil
6) to provide adequate health care to all
7) to keep women's right to choose
8 ) for people of color to be seen as capable of running the county
9) to protect our national parks and wildlife
10) to have an American president who makes sense when he talks
11) to recreate separation of church and state

to name a few

1. Obama willing to stay in Iraq http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/02/president_obama_will_stay_in_i.asp
2. Hope and change and higher taxes does not create jobs
3. I agree the rest of the world would probably like Obama but Americans would likely hate him as the economy continues to tank.
4. More money does not alays "fix things" we already spend a lot of money.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_the_United_States
According to a 2005 report from the OECD, the United States is tied for first place with Switzerland when it comes to annual spending per student on its public schools, with each of those two countries spending more than $11,000 (in U.S. currency). [14] Despite this high level of funding, U.S. public schools lag behind the schools of other rich countries in the areas of reading, math, and science.
5. Yeah and haven't the dems who control congress already been working on that?
6. If you trust Obama and Washington to determine what adequate is. We already have a doctor shortage thanks to unions so one could assume Obama supports a contined doctor shortage which ads to our crisis and kills jobs for Americans.
7. I agree especially he is the choice if you support population reduction especially if you want to kill more black babies. Unfortunately for Obama those 5 or 10 million "missing blacks" could cost him the election.
8. I'm not convinced Obama would have as much success running the country as Woodrow Stanley had running Flint.
9. I agre Palin could be a threat to parks and wildlife. I wouldn't be surprised if she might even try and let Alaska own a majority of it's state.
10. There's a lot of communist leaders that "made sense" when they talked.
11. So we should continue oppressing churches right to free speech? You do realize that if the British would have been as successful as the Federal government at killing free speech in churches the USA might still be a British colony?
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:20 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Mellow D schreef:
Sarah is a half-wit cheerleader who would prefer that any 14 year old girl who is raped by her fathers have her father's baby unless the pregnancy is "a threat to her health." Clearly, having your father's child when you are 14 is not going to have a lasting effect. Besides, if we let you out on that technicality, everyone who wants an abortion will just say that the baby is inbred, right?

Let's not forget that in August, she didn't even know what the VP does and she still thinks she knows foreign policy because she can see Russia from her house.

She's such a patriot that she wanted Alaska to secede the union and she sells all of Alaska's oil to Asia. How's that for an American Sweethart?

Face it boys, you like Mcain because he has experience to protect your scared asses from terrorists, but a beauty queen walks into the scene and your hard-ons tell you that she can keep you safe at night.

I agree that she is smart. I think she met Mcain at a cocktail party, he "vetted" her that evening, and now she's used that info to force him to get her into the VP seat. Probably on a bet with her hunting buddies.

Your brains are up higher, fellas.

Is she opposed to killing the father or life in prison? Is she opposed to adoption?

The VP generally does almost nothing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Nance_Garner
Garner once described the office of the vice presidency as being "not worth a bucket of warm piss."[1] [This quote was Bowdlerized for many decades to "not worth a bucket of warm spit" by the media.

I think it was her husband who was in the secessionist party. If The U.S. government owned the majority of Michigan I might be willing to support secession. Who would you feel if the federal government came in and told you you could not live in or run the majority of your own state?

I don't think Alaska's govornor decides who is allowed to buy the oil.

I dislike McCain but I haven't given up on Palin yet. I don't trust her yet but I'm not convinced she'd be a bad president like Obama Biden and McCain.

Perhaps you're just sexually frustrated and mad that Public D will not help you out so you're trying to vent your frustrations on the internet towards Sarah Palin.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:32 am 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Last edited by kryskattan on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:07 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Doncha love it? Men think that we're sexually frustrated or PMS'ing whenever we have an opinion....

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:16 pm 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

Bashing Palin is useless. It won't win the election. Solutions to real problems can:

Obama is a political realist. He has to bring the troops home or he'll lose his base and second term. Remember what happened when Bush I said "read my lips...no new taxes?"

2) our economy repaired
This is a red herring. The president can't fix anything. The power of the presidency is the power of the bully pulpit. Obama could talk America into feeling confident. Think FDR's fireside chats.

On other posts I've included evidence to prove this true. 'Nuff said.

McCain & Obama's policies are the same here. Create a 2-track system for teachers that creates new teaching jobs with higher pay tied to results in the classroom.

Obama called for a 10-year plan, like JFK and the moon race. The idea came from Thomas Friedman's book "The Earth is Flat". You should read it.

Obama's plan provides more people health care than today. I've shown that on other posts. His plan may not stop the rise in health care, but at least all of us will be insured.

Repeal of Roe v Wade is stupid. Once the coat hangers come out, the moral majority will have the blood of thousands of their own daughters on their hands. Ask an 80 year old lady what it used to be like.

Racism is about fear of the other. After 4 years, we'll all look back and laugh about it.

I have no clue.

Dirty little secret folks, Obama is much smarter than you, me, or any of the other candidates. He's read and taught law on the Federalist Papers, the foundation of our Constitution. It will be like watching "The West Wing" for real.

Obama understands, as our founding fathers did, that if you let a religious sect run government, and you end up with an American version of Sharia law. Fundamentalism and biblical literalism is a sect of Christianity, born out of the tent revivals of the 1930's. Nice folks, but they don't get to pick the laws.

Here's a question for the McCain supporters: can you post McCain's solutions without mentioning or referencing Obama? I bet you can't. Wink
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well gee Marko that wasnt to tough. Sounds like he has a great plan to me.

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/CBCD3A48-4B0E-4864-8BE1-D04561C132EA.htm

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:42 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Marko, Thomas Friedman's new book, "Hot, flat, and Crowded: Why we need a Green Revolution" is even better. In it, he explains how renewable energy will be the next transforming industrial revolution, and how it will allow us to free ourselves from the grip of the influence of petro-dictatorships, reduce our debt, and revitalize our economy, if only we had the right leaders to take us there. BTW, there hasn't been a show on TV worth making me make an appointment to watch since "The West Wing" was cancelled. That was a great show for civics geeks and government policy wonks of any political persuasion.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:22 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Personal opinions.

quote:
Marko Rollo schreef:
Bashing Palin is useless. It won't win the election. Solutions to real problems can:

Obama is a political realist. He has to bring the troops home or he'll lose his base and second term. Remember what happened when Bush I said "read my lips...no new taxes?"

Pull them out on a specific date regardless of the military situation? What message does this send, that politics is more important than any other consideration?

quote:
2) our economy repaired
This is a red herring. The president can't fix anything. The power of the presidency is the power of the bully pulpit. Obama could talk America into feeling confident. Think FDR's fireside chats.

Talk us into feeling good no matter how bad the situation? The President can't fix things alone, agreed.

quote:
On other posts I've included evidence to prove this true. 'Nuff said.

Is what others think that important? Should we vote for Obama because people in other countries like him?

quote:
McCain & Obama's policies are the same here. Create a 2-track system for teachers that creates new teaching jobs with higher pay tied to results in the classroom.

The public schools will continue to fail as long as they're run by the teachers unions and self-serving bureaucrats. Issue vouchers & let the parents decide where to send their kids.

quote:
Obama called for a 10-year plan, like JFK and the moon race. The idea came from Thomas Friedman's book "The Earth is Flat". You should read it.

I agree on the need for alternatives. BUT, until they're practical, we need oil.

quote:
Obama's plan provides more people health care than today. I've shown that on other posts. His plan may not stop the rise in health care, but at least all of us will be insured.

Personal health care accounts may be the way to go. Complete government control of health care would be a disaster. Do you want FEMA and TSA type folks deciding what care you can have?

quote:
Repeal of Roe v Wade is stupid. Once the coat hangers come out, the moral majority will have the blood of thousands of their own daughters on their hands. Ask an 80 year old lady what it used to be like.

As opposed to the blood of millions of unborn children? 65 years ago, abortion was practically unheard of.

quote:
Racism is about fear of the other. After 4 years, we'll all look back and laugh about it.

Voting for someone because of the color of their skin is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Are you implying that anyone who doesn't vote for Obama is a racist?

quote:
I have no clue.

Ban vehicles from National Parks, ban all hunting & fishing.

quote:
Dirty little secret folks, Obama is much smarter than you, me, or any of the other candidates. He's read and taught law on the Federalist Papers, the foundation of our Constitution. It will be like watching "The West Wing" for real.

Couldn't prove it by me. He stumbles badly without a teleprompter or a rehearsed speech. If not, why won't he agree to town hall style debates?

quote:
Obama understands, as our founding fathers did, that if you let a religious sect run government, and you end up with an American version of Sharia law. Fundamentalism and biblical literalism is a sect of Christianity, born out of the tent revivals of the 1930's. Nice folks, but they don't get to pick the laws.

In the history of this country, what religious sect has run the government? Are you digging up Al Smith again? Are you aware that there are 30 million evangelicals in this country (I'm not one of them)? That's 10% of the population. Does being religious bar a person from politics?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

Pull them out on a specific date regardless of the military situation? What message does this send, that politics is more important than any other consideration?

It sends the message that the Iraqis need to sh** or get off the pot. Millions of Iraqis, a few hundred Taliban. It would be like accepting Russian occupation of the US because the KKK became violent.

quote:
Is what others think that important? Should we vote for Obama because people in other countries like him?

We're in a global economy. We have to at least respect the opinions of the people who buy our government bonds to finance our economy and sell us their oil to run our cars. Okay, maybe we don't have to respect them, but we can at least avoid killing them.

quote:
Personal health care accounts may be the way to go. Complete government control of health care would be a disaster. Do you want FEMA and TSA type folks deciding what care you can have?

I'd rather have a government bureaucrat decide my health care than an insurance bureaucrat. Once you're sick and denied coverage, folks who get bonuses based on their ability to deny you coverage are very frustrating to deal with.

quote:
As opposed to the blood of millions of unborn children? 65 years ago, abortion was practically unheard of.

Abortion was practically unreported. Big difference. Abortion has been around for thousands of years.

quote:
Voting for someone because of the color of their skin is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Are you implying that anyone who doesn't vote for Obama is a racist?

I'm implying that all of us have racist feelings whether we vote for Obama or not. Racism is based on fear. Some of us will overcompensate for it, some of us will ignore it, and some of us will let it decide our vote.

quote:
Couldn't prove it by me. He stumbles badly without a teleprompter or a rehearsed speech. If not, why won't he agree to town hall style debates?

Watch his Bill O'Reilly interview and you'll be amazed. The town-hall issue is a smokescreen. He agreed to half the number, McCain's camp said no, and declared Obama afraid. It was more effective for the McCain camp to paint Obama as unprepared than to actually do the debates.

quote:
In the history of this country, what religious sect has run the government? Are you digging up Al Smith again? Are you aware that there are 30 million evangelicals in this country (I'm not one of them)? That's 10% of the population. Does being religious bar a person from politics?

Great question. History tells us that several of the early states had state-sponsored religion in the 1700s, which is what the Bill of Rights was arguing against. Sure their are lots of evangelicals, 100 years ago their weren't any. Religious people are all encouraged to run for government, they just don't get to place God or the Bible before the Constitution.

[/quote]
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
"The West Wing" was cancelled. That was a great show for civics geeks and government policy wonks of any political persuasion.

Or any brain washed liberal. Martin Sheen had the perfect venue for his leftist ideology. Jeez the West Wing ill bet you watched Murphy Brown as well. Oh ya what the hell was that Geena Davis nonsense program where she prepared the country for a Hillary take over. That didn't work out too well. Laughing Laughing Laughing Liberal leftist TV its the joke of any thinking person. WEll we don't have an agenda. YA RIGHT:roll: Laughing I wonder what Barackos look into the future TV sitcom was perhaps Sanford and Son.

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:27 pm 
federales1
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Mellow D schreef:
Gosh, you fellas are simple and predictable. Your candidates are both cooky and lousy. But, judging from the complexity of your arguments, they need not be intelligent candidates to win your votes.

or better yet:

That's pretty funny. Actually the word vagina is funny. I like to ask my wife "how is your vagina feeling today?" This tends to initially piss her off but then, depending upon her hormonal level, it works out OK. Then we have a pretty good laugh in (or around) it.

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:07 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

*****That's pretty funny. Actually the word vagina is funny. I like to ask my wife "how is your vagina feeling today?" This tends to initially piss her off but then, depending upon her hormonal level, it works out OK. Then we have a pretty good laugh in (or around) it.*******

Glad to know that I am not the only one that jokes like this with their spouse. Smile

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:08 am 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Mellow D schreef:
Desperate attempts:

1) The controversy regarding Obama's minister
*controversy? he's a black seperatist who ministered your candidate for over 20 years
2) The repetitive inference that Barak is of Muslim faith
Barack Hussein Obama has Muslim ties and has had them his entire life...remember the sweetest sound I have ecer heard is the Muslim call to prayer?
3) The ads comparing Obama to Paris Hilton
He IS a celebrity just like Paris Hilton...although she may very well have more character.
4) claims that Obama will increase taxes
Obama will have to generate billions of more dollars in taxes to pay for his plans...the money isn't going to fall out of the very sky
5) inferring that his support of educating young children about sexual predators is some how perverse
I don't think 5 year olds need to know how to put on a condom...we just taught our not to talk to strangers and scream and run if approached
6) attempting to link him with the Weather Underground
Trying? lol....Bill Ayers STARTED Barack Hussein Obama's climb up the political ladder in Chicago...he's connected.
7) appointing a female VP because the Dems had a successful female candidate

HUH? He's the one that decided Hillary had less to offer than Biden....he's the idiot to throw away 18 million voters.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:43 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Last edited by kryskattan on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:55 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

You could tell them they have little chance of becoming prez if their racist background comes back to haunt them.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:35 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: