FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Because your boy the squeaky clean one is trying to lay the blame on the Bushs. Oh of course its another "Baracko didnt know nothin" bout this guy or anyone he ever had dealings with. Hey Kevin the guy ran Fannie Mae I would say its relevant.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:57 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Do you suppose John McCain doesn't have at least a passing acquaintance with some of those people?
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:09 pm 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

New Obama commercial going out across the country today. I don't hear him blaming Bush or McCain.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well lets see where some of Fannie Mae's money may have gone.
Lets see Chris Dodd no.1, John Kerry no,2 wait whos this Barack Hussein Obama no.3 over $105 grand.
Top Recipients of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Campaign Contributions, 1989-2008

Name
Office
Party/State
Total

1. Dodd, Christopher J
S
D-CT
$133,900

2. Kerry, John
S
D-MA
$111,000

3. Obama, Barack
S
D-IL
$105,849

4. Clinton, Hillary
S
D-NY
$75,550

5. Kanjorski, Paul E
H
D-PA
$65,500

6. Bennett, Robert F
S
R-UT
$61,499

7. Johnson, Tim
S
D-SD
$61,000

8. Conrad, Kent
S
D-ND
$58,991

9. Davis, Tom
H
R-VA
$55,499

10. Bond, Christopher S 'Kit'
S
R-MO
$55,400

11. Bachus, Spencer
H
R-AL
$55,300

12. Shelby, Richard C
S
R-AL
$55,000

13. Emanuel, Rahm
H
D-IL
$51,750

14. Reed, Jack
S
D-RI
$50,750

15. Carper, Tom
S
D-DE
$44,389

16. Frank, Barney
H
D-MA
$40,100

17. Maloney, Carolyn B
H
D-NY
$38,750

18. Bean, Melissa
H
D-IL
$37,249

19. Blunt, Roy
H
R-MO
$36,500

20. Pryce, Deborah
H
R-OH
$34,750

21. Miller, Gary
H
R-CA
$33,000

22. Pelosi, Nancy
H
D-CA
$32,750

23. Reynolds, Tom
H
R-NY
$32,700

24. Hoyer, Steny H
H
D-MD
$30,500

25. Hooley, Darlene
H
D-OR
$28,750

Laughing

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:18 pm 
david
F L I N T O I D

please explain, with the economy in such turmoil and the war going so badly then why is it snobama is not leading by 20 points in the polls?

thank you,
david
socal (sitting in beautiful downtown flint Rolling Eyes )
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:15 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

My guess is because the polls are wrong.

Obama has inspired a record number of new, previously unregistered, unparticipating voters. Its not likely these people are on the pollsters list of "likely voters".

Also, many young people, who are overwhelmingly supportive of Barack Obama, have only cell phones, and no land line. These people are almost never called by pollsters.

You can choose to disbelieve me, but you've heard it here first: The difference between polls just before the election will be record-breaking. It will make the pollsters re-examine the way they take polls in future elections.

Besides, its the Electoral College that counts, and Barack Obama is still projected to take it.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:58 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Starting to sound a bit desperate don't ya think. George Bush hated by what the media claims is most of the country, the economy worse in 50 years according to the media, Barack Hussein Obama fresh, different unlike any other before him what the country is clambering for a landslide victory in the making once again from the media. And now all those who lived by the polls no longer trust them this is hilarious.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:51 pm 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

David...no one knows for sure, but if I had to guess it is that the Obama campaign is struggling with the trust issue. Combine all the things he's said and done that are different with all the things his opponents claim he's said and done, add in race, and I'm willing to bet the trust issue accounts for the majority of that 20 points. The fact that we're a polarized country and that McCain has the flexibility to campaign against his own party certainly accounts for part of it too.

quote:
david schreef:
please explain, with the economy in such turmoil and the war going so badly then why is it snobama is not leading by 20 points in the polls?
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Shawn Chittle
F L I N T O I D

Kevin is right, the polls are wrong. They are not calling cell phone users, which are largely youth, and largely Obama.

I already wrote about this elsewhere on Flint Talk. It's not rocket science.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:55 pm 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Shawn Chittle schreef:
Kevin is right, the polls are wrong. They are not calling cell phone users, which are largely youth, and largely Obama.

It depends on the poll. Gallup uses cell phones, and according to their numbers McCain and Obama are in a statistical dead heat.

Note their is a difference between registered and likely voters. You'll read this at the bottom of most polls as RV or LV. Polling likely voters takes more time, but is theoretically more accurate.

Also note that any results 3 points different like 45-48 are within the poll's "margin of error" are statistically too close too call.

According to the "wisdom of the crowds" theory, polling is less accurate than millions of people betting with their own money. intrade.com is cool because you can also see the results of bets like "last hurricane of the season will be Paloma". They tend to be pretty accurate.

Here's where I go for polls only because they list all of them.
Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:40 pm 
david
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Shawn Chittle schreef:

I already wrote about this elsewhere on Flint Talk. It's not rocket science.

Hmmmmmm, then i wonder if i can believe when the media reports the approval rating on congress is only 9%? maybe we are not getting the truth from the media Shocked

david
socal
(sitting in beautiful downtown flint)
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:09 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Shawn, you and I both have been bringing it up, but some things are worth repeating. For example, I rightly pointed out elsewhere on this board that comparing Congress' approval ratings to that of the President's is a bit of an apple-orange analogy. If you asked a voter if she likes HER OWN Senator or Representative, those numbers go WAY UP. This is true across party lines, and regardless of region. This is why approximately 70% of them get reelected each time. Most people love their own reps, but think the rest of them stink. People have an unrealistic view of what their reps can accomplish in a combined body of 435 elected officials. When their own rep gets stymied, its the other reps fault!
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:32 pm 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
david schreef:
Hmmmmmm, then i wonder if i can believe when the media reports the approval rating on congress is only 9%?...

I believe the congressional polls. Several studies have pointed out that people believe congress as a whole is bad, but their congressman is great.

The reason: spending inside the district - my congressman "brings home the bacon" - your congressman wants pork, bloat, earmarks, pet projects, wasted money, etc.

One man's Autoworld is another man's bridge to nowhere.
Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:35 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: