FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Kay Kelly let go?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I heard kay Kelly who helped revitalize Kearsley Park has been terminated by Don Williamson.
Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:51 pm 
bigmouthconservative
F L I N T O I D

Yes, she was. She made the Don mad so he retaliated as usual. Bob Cook was in the HR office on Thursday taking care of the Don's dirty work. With her wages gone now Vance, Chuckie BIG Sally et al can get paid for the next few weeks.

OR maybe her wages will be used to install the huge video billboard that will be installed on his HQ building that is next to city hall. This sign will be used by the PAC and display the names of the "corrupt" politicians that he will be exposing.

The sign is too large for the zoining laws but little don ignored all the rules and the sign will be up in the next week or so. Keep your eyes pealed. Scott Kincaid will probably be the first one slammed followed by Rose Bogardus.
Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:28 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Stupid decisions flowing out of the Mayor's office again, eh.

It seems like this woman was a vivacious and goal driven lady. She had performed a plethora of fundraisers and fixed up the park and got grants......NO monies at all from the taxpayers, according to accounts.

And he got rid of her....feh!

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:40 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Last edited by kryskattan on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:17 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

As much as I hate to say it? I will defend his right to free speech even though I don't like to hear it, but, some of the things seem to border close to libel...big time.

If it's big ,red and flashing you can sue him for the fact that some people may be prone to having seizures due to photo-sensitivity and that he's putting people in danger...just a thought.

I may start a list of people who I think might be on it, you know the people that make him mad?

Guaranteed:
Scott Kincaid........why don't I just type in the words "City Council", it would just save key strokes.

Possible:
All of the people that have ever said anything negative about him either on blogs, mlive or on television or around City Hall.

Won't touch:
Won't target animals since they can't speak. Or bugs, or birds, or rodents, etc.

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:40 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Kay was paid for by a grant from the Ruth Mott Foundation. My guess is that if Kay does not have the position, the Ruth Mott Foundation will not be providing the grant.
Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for that info Josh!!!

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:53 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

According to Kate Fields the RMF Grant has expired, it wasn't an open ended grant.
Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:24 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Kay Kelly is a hard worker, she makes a difference. Who ever she decides to work for next will be the winner. Hey... She would make a great mayor...she really would. Smile

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Then please put a bug in her ear!!!

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:08 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I love Kay Kelly. She helped me IMMENSELY with a school project, and actually I was supposed to get a copy of the finished project to her, and I never got around to it.

She is so energetic and excited about Kearsley Park in a way that I absolutely loved. She shares my intense love for Wesley Bintz.

Kay Kelly would be a wonderful face for Flint and the possible revitalization of the city. Which makes it completely understandable why Don Williamson would feel that her services were no longer needed.

According to the ABC12 report, Steven Wilson of the Ruth Mott Foundation is urging the mayor to reconsider letting Kay go, and says that the grant was based on Kay's track record. The grant is up for review, and now that she's no longer in the position, it will probably not be renewed. Of course, Don's answer for that is "I'll pay for it myself."

I'm so angry right now.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:22 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

In a way, I have come across political "stuff" like that and just seethe....

Strangers are rallying for her, because of ineptitude that is so prevalent in the Mayor's office. Give her my best from a stranger....<sigh>

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:06 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/local&id=6393051

I just watched this. What a shame that one person can stop progress dead in its tracks just because HE wants to. The park has become so much safer and nicer since Kay took charge, I don't understand how he can do something that is so blatantly wrong. It is not in the city's best interest to let the park go. We can't afford to lose this grant or Kay.

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Something is seriously wrong with the mayor's judgment...oy

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:54 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Kay Kelly is a wonderful woman who strives to improve FLINT. I have worked with her on numerous boards and committees. This is a huge loss for the park, I wish her all the best.

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:43 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: