FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Auctioning herself to pay for grad school
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Maybe afterwards she'll get a spot on Oprah.

Not if Oprah finds out shes a Republican. only certain kinds of women are welcome to sit next to Oprah and of course weirdo men like Tom Cruise. Laughing
Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:52 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Last edited by kryskattan on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:01 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Tegen have you tried building "old looking" buildings from scratch? Point being..when Linden burned to the ground I was mortified!! It seems that they want to keep the Old Style type thing going on, last time I heard.

Some of the townships in the area are endorsing an overall zoning idea of brick facades, some of the engineers may just like to incorporate some "old" ideas in with the new...dunno.

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:03 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
kryskattan schreef:
I think you're weird.

I needed that laugh...

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:04 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
kryskattan schreef:
Sounds like a plan, and don't worry, in the other post I was really trying to take more of a shot at TT for flirting with me.

I thought of Memoirs of a Geisha too when I read the article. I've come across a lot of debate to whether or not the auctioning off the geisha's virginity was customary. When I lived in Asia I was contantly being shown a set of morals values and standards that were contradictory to the ones I grew up with (which I came to know as not good or bad) -but - it lead me to the conclusion that the US, as much as we would like to say we are progressive with all our of women's "rights," is no less sexist than any other place.

I am sad for this particular woman, but it's her life and if she's brave enough to face her experience for what it really is, one day it could end up being a teaching tool for the rest of us. Maybe afterwards she'll get a spot on Oprah. Razz

I think twotap took a testosterone pill this morning.

You are correct about the standards pertaining to sexism, that is pretty much being universal, if I can say that? I haven't lived anywhere else other than MI and OH, but, I have relatives that seem to be on the fringe of the woman of the 1950's. Still to this day. I have 35 first cousins along with their spouses and I would say that about 10 percent of them are "forward thinking". Whatever works for them...<shrug>.

250,000K for a spot of blood on the sheets and some stranger on top of you.<shiver>. Maybe she does deserve to be on Oprah.

Oprah asks, "How did he pay you?"
She states, "In cash, in a briefcase."
<shudder>

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:18 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

andi, i love the idea of historically sensitive infill and facade preservation when it is warranted. the preservation of already existing buildings is much higher on my list though. actually there are quite a few jobs out there for me... just none in the vicinity that i want... yet.
Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:56 pm 
willy
F L I N T O I D

No matter How you look at it.. It is Still a person Selling their Body for SEX. Prostitution is Prostitution.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:01 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I think you're weird.

Oh no not another Scientology nut. Sorry for stepping on your toes. Next time somebody picks on your boy zap em with this.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:34 am 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Last edited by kryskattan on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:01 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I wont touch that "allergic to nuts" comment but I am tempted. Laughing That weapon would be a Klingon disruptor I guess your not a Scientology nut.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:27 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: