FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Oooh Ill be Mcains scared now.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Obama: McCain 'doesn't know what he's up against'

Email this Story

Aug 19, 9:11 PM (ET)

By BETH FOUHY

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - A combative Barack Obama said Tuesday that Republican John McCain "doesn't know what he's up against" in this election and challenged his rival to stop questioning his character and patriotism.

Obama, campaigning in a state where he hopes to become the first Democratic presidential candidate to win in more than three decades, implored his supporters to fight for the presidency.

"Our job in this election is not just 'win,' although I'm a big believer in winning," Obama said during the rally. "I don't intend to lose this election. John McCain doesn't know what he's up against."

"He can talk all he wants about Britney (Spears) and Paris (Hilton), but I don't have time for that mess," Obama said.

Really Very Happy than why you talking about it??? Laughing

Looks like Barack must have seen the latest polls. Mccain +5 How can that be it was a shoe in for the Messiah.
Laughing
Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:40 pm 
david
F L I N T O I D

obama is a media created superstar. a rock star if you rather.

he is not qualified, can not stand up to the clintion mafia, how on earth will he stand up to the problems in the middle east, putin, and all the others. oh yeah, i forgot, he can always bow at the alter of the U.N. and beg for help.

Ba-ha-ha. Laughing

david
on da left coast
Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:41 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Do you really think us all so monolithic that we cannot admit to things that also concern us? I am indeed concerned about the kowtowing to the Clintons. While I like the results they achieved for me personally in those years, I don't necessarily trust them. I do admire their tenacity and wisdom.

You see, it's complicated, and I know you guys -- those of you who see the world in white and black, the "good" and "evil", the rich and poor -- would like us to answer in a way that is also simplistic.

The fact is that no one I know believes he is the messiah (other than a few octagenarian barflies I know). No one believes he is the anti-Christ, either. But let us start simply -- what is the alternative?

Talk about caving. There was a time where, while I didn't agree with many of his principles, I did admire McCane and respect him. He was a sort of maverick -- for a while. Until the Rove Bush machine broke him. You actually saw him nestling his head on W's shoulder. Touching.

But now he's just a broken, tired shill, and a dangerous one. If on one principle alone, that we're in the age of the "internets". The world has changed, and it's no longer one that suits the old-soldier-that-never-dies...a life where duty alone is enough. Yes, we know he's like an old crotchety loyal yellow dog. It's just not enough in a world that needs progress NOW. We can't sell people on ideas that psychologically comfort us and leave our children as indentured servants to China, embroiled in wars and struggling for air.

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:41 pm 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
Do you really think us all so monolithic <<snip>>

Demeralda: You've got my vote for "post of the week". Thoughful, articulate, to the point. It encourages me to be a better forum member. Hopefully, it will encourage others too.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Demeralda usually does make very articulate posts unlike some including me. The problem for many of us is not that we are so endeared with Mccain its that we are not buying into that empty suit known as Obama. Mccain would have never been on my list to represent the repubs in this election but we are stuck with him. Can you imagine where we would be right now if the repubs had chosen some young fresh inspiring candidate to go against Barack. It appears he can barely handle Mccain and he would be out of the picture completely if the above had occured. By the way I dont hate Barack as some have claimed I just dont want him as leader of the free world. Very Happy
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:55 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

What Two Tap said.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
david
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
What Two Tap said.

go get 'em 2tap. you get my vote.

as mentioned before i am not a republican but an independent. so i have to look at who might best be able to protect this country and it is not the inexperienced obama. this country has a ton of problems facing it but number 1 had better be the war on terror and we better have the best man/woman in the white office. obama has no experience and you will see this during the dabates. "beyond my pay grade" give me a break. HE'S RUNNING FOR THE HIGHEST OFFICE IN THE LAND!!!!! Mad

david
socal
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:14 am 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

I'll bet that Barack Obama was a great community organizer in Chicago. He was probably very adept at doling out money as he sat on the Woods Foundation will Bill Ayers. He probably represented his district well as he served in the Illinois Senate, since that district is known as the most liberal in the U.S.. And, I'll admit he probably was one hell of a lecturer (he can sure talk).

However......he has no experience as a LEADER. The only thing he has been charged with as a US Senator was to lead the Senate Foreign Relations Committee...he failed to call one meeting of this committee in the time he has chaired it. Kind of strange considering all the "foreign relations" going on in the world right now.

Truth be known, Mr. Obama probably wouldn't get a second look if he were to apply as a CEO of ANY major corporation, due to his lack of ANY real leadership experience.

It's obvious the Russia is making a move to reinitiate the cold war and aggrressively regain much of what it lost in the Reagan era. Do we want a President that will stand up to them? Do you really think Obama has the balls to go toe to toe with Vladimir Putin? Hell...he gets his panties in a bunch when a cartoon is published or a book is written criticizing him. How do you think he would react if Russia attacks Poland?

He has positioned himself as so anti-war that if he were elected it would give every rouge nationa license to invade their neighbors at will. Deploying our troops overseas would be a complete contradiction to everything Obama stands for.

Is McCain my first choice? NO. Hillary was my first choice. However the DNC and the radicals on the furthest left side of the party thought it wise to promote Obama. They will pay for their mistake. I predict that Obama will lose this election in a landslide. We are 10 weeks away from the election and it is becoming more and more evident that once the rhetoric is set aside and people truly look at these two candidates, the decision on who should lead the free world will be an easy one.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:16 am 
david
F L I N T O I D

i mean to say white house.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:18 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: