FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Does Tina Conley Work for the City of Flint??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Wow.. How would someone else thats interested in such a thing apply for that position? I would maybe like to do it as well, can I apply?
Post Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:31 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Why does she insist on putting her signs on the public right of way and in parks..... I took down several of them this morning that were between the sidewalk and the road. Maybe she believes that because she works for the City that she can put them in the parks and golf courses?
Post Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
Why does she insist on putting her signs on the public right of way and in parks..... I took down several of them this morning that were between the sidewalk and the road.
I would guess the person who put them there is ignorant of ordinance and election law. You could try contacting candidates and tactfully let them know where to find those rules, to avoid their signs being jerked. The more the merrier!
Laughing
Post Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:30 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

lol its all about the money believe me, he is making up for the rest somewhere.

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
County commissioner takes $1-a-year job in Flint
Posted by Ron Fonger | The Flint Journal, February 13, 2008 12:01PM

Genesee County Commissioner Jamie W. Curtis is about to start collecting a second paycheck from taxpayers, but this one will net him just $1 a year.

The Burton Democrat has agreed to start working on Monday for the city of Flint as an assistant director of parks and recreation for Mayor Donald Williamson.

Williamson, who also takes $1 in annual salary from the city, confirmed the hiring, saying Curtis' energy and enthusiasm has impressed him .

Curtis' county commission district includes Burton as well as the college and cultural area and East Side of Flint. He also said he will waive any fringe benefits he might have received in connection to his new position.

He worked previously for General Motors as a skilled trade millwright.

"There are some things more important than money. Public service leads that list for me," Curtis said in a written statement.

"Flint is the heartbeat of this county," he said. "I believe in making things happen in the city of Flint."

Rumors of Curtis' hiring have been swirling inside City Hall for weeks, and earlier this month he acknowledged talking to the mayor about doing something more.

"We have talked in the past about what I could or couldn't do," Curtis said at the time. "I'm like anybody else, I listen to what people have to offer."

Williamson said he wasn't prepared to discuss what specific areas of the city's parks and recreation system Curtis would work in.

Curtis won't be the first commissioner to work for another unit of government while serving as a county board member.

Commissioner Miles Gadola, R-Grand Blanc, is employed with the Flint's 68th District Court in the probation department, and Commissioner Patricia Lockwood, D-Fenton, was elected commissioner while serving as the state of Michigan's emerald ash borer policy director.
---
Permalink:
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/02/county_commissioner_takes_1aye.html
Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:55 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

I wonder if both of them are being paid while they are out placing yard signs together during the day?
Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:31 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

Nah. Don't be silly.

Curtis campaigns for Williamson in his own district. We've got other folks on staff to campaign for Williamson in Flint.

Ever call the "Flint Citizens Helpline" that was supposed to be where you rat out graffiti artists? Guess who answers? "Hello, Williamson Campaign Headquarters?"
Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:19 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/07/tina_conley_unleashes_puppet_a.html

"Tina Conley unleashes 'puppet' ad in Genesee County register of deeds race; flier featuring Woodrow Stanley echoes Mayor Don Williamson's campaign"
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:34 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Don't Vote for the following:

Tina Conley
Dianna Kelly
Larry Mitchell.

All puppets of the Mayor!

Vote for Bogardus, she is the voice for the people!
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:39 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Tina Conley
Dianna Kelly
Larry Mitchell.

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:39 am 
Frappuhn
F L I N T O I D

Lakewoman,
Who told you that fairy tale?
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:32 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Lakewoman, what is Larry Mitchell's connection to the mayor? He's the one with Register of Deeds experience!
Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:10 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/07/tina_conley_unleashes_puppet_a.html

"Tina Conley unleashes 'puppet' ad in Genesee County register of deeds race; flier featuring Woodrow Stanley echoes Mayor Don Williamson's campaign"

I just got that ad in the mail yesterday. Its very cheap looking, and I'm not talking about the print quality. I don't think people will respond to it well, even if they're already inclined to agree with the premise of the ad. It just looks and reads like playground trash talk.
Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:23 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

its the truth!

quote:
Frappuhn schreef:
Lakewoman,
Who told you that fairy tale?
Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:23 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Tina Conley
Dianna Kelly
Larry Mitchell.

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:50 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Lakewoman, you've unnecessarly repeated your post and not answered the questions about other candidates being puppets of the mayor.

I watched the interviews of the candidates sponsored by the League of Women Voters on cable channel 17 last night (tape of interview held earlier). Tina Conley and Ryan Eashoo were not there, and this may hurt them. The voters need to be able to compare.

The one who most clearly knows about the function of the office of the Register of Deeds is LARRY THOMPSON. He has many years experience working in the ofice of the Oakland County Register of Deeds, is familiar with computer software required to record land records, and has endorsements from other Register of Deeds. He will work alongside staff and not just be a figurehead. He does not favor a merging of the office of the clerk and register of deads and gave valid reasons why. With his knowledge and expertise he is in a position to save the county money by streamlining recordkeeping to meet current legal requirements, as well as perhaps to influence the updating of existing law.

My impression of your candidate Ms. Bogardus from that forum is that she is not the right candidate for the office.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:12 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: