FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: obama legislation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
david
F L I N T O I D

1 million vietnamese died in the caos that followed our withdrawal as well as 2 million killed by the khmer rouge. vietnam had been at war with the french, the u.s. and china. why did the khmer kill upwars of 1 - 2 million of their people? who knows but it happened after the retrograde.

i do not advocate war and want our boys and now girls home. but a stand needed to be taken. world trade center 1993 (not sure of the date as i was out of the country), khobar towers middle 90's, u.s. embassies in africa, uss cole, 9/11 trade towers again. almost forgot, the barracks in lebanon early '80s.

i ask you, at what point do we take a stand?

ever run from a school yard fight? the bully will come back for more.

"give peace a chance?" peace does not work without force backing it up.

again i want our boys and girls home and in fact i have a son serving in the navy but if we do not see this through then our lives and the lives of our children will change forever.

i agree, BRING THE BOYS HOME. but lets get this job done and according to ABC news yesterday we may just be winning. wonder if NBC and CBS picked that up? i doubt it. Sad

david,
headed west again
Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:42 am 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

quote:
david schreef:

Iraq did not attack us.

According to your thinking, if a bully socks you the proper response is to throw a belligerent fit and sock any suspicious-looking guy standing around (and kill his family) whether he had anything to do with it or not. Is that American Justice? Our example for the world to follow? Our method for alleviating hostility and acts of terror directed at us? How practical. How Christian.

http://www.hr676.org

http://www.pnhp.org/publications/the_national_health_insurance_bill_hr_676.php
Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:16 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Yup. Just apologize to the bully for offending him.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:19 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
david schreef:
1 million vietnamese died in the caos that followed our withdrawal as well as 2 million killed by the khmer rouge. vietnam had been at war with the french, the u.s. and china. why did the khmer kill upwars of 1 - 2 million of their people? who knows but it happened after the retrograde.

i do not advocate war and want our boys and now girls home. but a stand needed to be taken. world trade center 1993 (not sure of the date as i was out of the country), khobar towers middle 90's, u.s. embassies in africa, uss cole, 9/11 trade towers again. almost forgot, the barracks in lebanon early '80s.

I'm not an expert on Vietnam. I know seems to be working out pretty well for them know even though we "abandoned them".

We did need to make a stand. There's no excuse for out failure to capture our former ally Osama bin Ladin who we helped out other that we were too busy with Saddam.

We needed to make a stand well before 9-11. Why the hell our our "Republican" "patriots" never bothered and still aren't protecting America's borders is beyond me.

I think there's no excuse for us to be attacked in the middle East. We should be guarding our own borders and not the middle East.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:38 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Yup. Just apologize to the bully for offending him.

Or we could stop giving our future bullies guns, ammunition, aid payments, training and perhaps even biological weapons then we might not have to worry about them in the future. In Iraq we helped put possibly the most corrupt government in the world into power and now they are trying to expel us.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:43 pm 
david
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
[We did need to make a stand. There's no excuse for out failure to capture our former ally Osama bin Ladin who we helped out other that we were too busy with Saddam. .

i did not bring up vietnam. the subject was introduced by yourself. slick willie was offered bin laden's head on a platter by sudan. i agree, there was no excuse for our failure to capture him other than billy boy did not have the balls to.

blame america first if you will but we now need to live in the solution and not the cause. again i say, BRING THE BOYS HOME, but the job better be done or you will all be speaking farsi or some other such language and if i lived in flint 80 miles north of dearborn i would be concerned.

love bush or hate him but the fact remains there has not been another attack of american interests or upon this country since 9/11.

david
Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:06 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I was just wondering and I may have actually missed one but has anyone ever seen a positive post or thread about the USA by PD????? Confused

Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:51 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
david schreef:

i did not bring up vietnam. the subject was introduced by yourself. slick willie was offered bin laden's head on a platter by sudan. i agree, there was no excuse for our failure to capture him other than billy boy did not have the balls to.

blame america first if you will but we now need to live in the solution and not the cause. again i say, BRING THE BOYS HOME, but the job better be done or you will all be speaking farsi or some other such language and if i lived in flint 80 miles north of dearborn i would be concerned.

love bush or hate him but the fact remains there has not been another attack of american interests or upon this country since 9/11.

Apparently Bush had Osama corned but we "let him" escape in Tora Borra.

I believe we should look to the people that didn't screw up for the solutions and not those that screwed up. I'm not blaming America I'm blaming America's leaders for screwing up. We'll probably be speaking yiddish in America before Farsi.

Last edited by Adam on Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:58 pm 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
I was just wondering and I may have actually missed one but has anyone ever seen a positive post or thread about the USA by PD????? :?

Michigan's Own:

Link

Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:26 pm 
david
F L I N T O I D

There was no attacks on American soil under Clinton.[/quote]

adam,

not sure of your age and if you remember but the original twin tower(NYC) attack came on clinton's watch. the u.s.s. cole (american interest) and the american embassies in africa were american soil.

that said i agree with you. our leaders of both parties have failed us and that goes back to jimmy carter and before.

we need to stop living in the problem and cause and start living in the solution. so what do we do now in iraq? i say stay the course and it would seem that obama feels the same unless he is lying. smartest thing i have seem him do is change his position on the withdrawal.

so i ask all libs and cons on this board, what do we do now as a nation, stay the course (ABC says we are now winning) or cast our fate to the wind and pull out day after obama gets elected?

david
Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:39 pm 
yaryrret
F L I N T O I D

quote:
david schreef:
There was no attacks on American soil under Clinton.

adam,

not sure of your age and if you remember but the original twin tower(NYC) attack came on clinton's watch. the u.s.s. cole (american interest) and the american embassies in africa were american soil.

that said i agree with you. our leaders of both parties have failed us and that goes back to jimmy carter and before.

we need to stop living in the problem and cause and start living in the solution. so what do we do now in iraq? i say stay the course and it would seem that obama feels the same unless he is lying. smartest thing i have seem him do is change his position on the withdrawal.

so i ask all libs and cons on this board, what do we do now as a nation, stay the course (ABC says we are now winning) or cast our fate to the wind and pull out day after obama gets elected?

david[/quote]

There are no simple solutions and to argue so makes one simple.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:12 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
david schreef:

adam,

I'm 28. I had forgotten about the WTC bombimg. I did look at it from the Empire State building and specifically remember thinking that it would always be there so there was no need to go up in that. That was in 1998. Obviously I wrong about that one and I had probably forgotten about that bombing as well.

Oklahoma City bombing was also under Clinton. It appears Clinton didn't do too well. He also screwed up in Somalia. I was dead set on Bush when he said he wouldn't do nation building like Clinton tried in Somalia. I've been against nation building since Clinton screwed up.

I think we should pull out of the world although I admit Okinawa may be a nice vacation spot and obviously we need to get Osama wherever he is. Once we get him we could get out of the Middle East. We should also withrawl from the U.N. Nafta etc and just do unilateral trade agreements. We should guard our boarders put up a solid defense shield. If anyone attacks us we should completely anhialate them up to and including nukes.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:21 pm 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

quote:
david schreef:

david

Pull out. (No matter what ABC says.)

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:48 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

We might actually have to invade whatever country Osama went to but I don't see a benefit to a continued Iraqi occupation, Korean occupation etc.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:46 am 
david
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Public D schreef:
quote:
david schreef:

david

Pull out. (No matter what ABC says.)

i truly wish it were that simply but don't see it happening. yes, vietnam was a mistake with 58k of our boys dead and history will probably record our mideast adventures as a mistake. the problem of being a conservative is you want to trust your leaders and as we have seen in the past and are seeing now with obama we can not trust them.

if we were energy self sufficent i do not feel we would be as embroiled in the middle east. our country runs on black gold and will until we get nuke power plants up and running. solar, wind? would be nice but as with nuke powere all these ideas will take years to implement.

adam, i am with you and need to bring our boys home, put them on the borders and to hell with the rest of the world. but we need energy. late 70's we lined up around the gas station and down the street to get gas. jimmy carter's energy policy was to drive 55. bull shit and every politician since has done nothing.

france gets 70% of their energy from nuke and brazil is using ethanol. why can't we do the same? we can but our do nothing congress and president for the last 30 years get addicted to the tax revenue generated by oil.

FUC- 'EM ALL!

and our boys/girls continue to die Sad

david
Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:52 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: