FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: GM's 100 Birthday Not Worth Celebrating in Flint, Michigan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Should We Be Having a Birthday Party or Funeral for General Motors in Flint Michigan?
Birthday Party,, I love Cake and a Buick
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Funeral,, GM has forgot who made it what it is today.
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I agree Ted!! Did you vote in the poll already???

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
I would never portray Dave Yetaw as Militant... Principled, tenacious, Firm, Determined, Persistent, Wholehearted would be better chosen adjective.

Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:27 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ya want to be defined as militant just try going against the Unions ideas about who should be running the show (a democrat of course) and demanding your dues quit being used for some candidate you do not support. I still remember Irving Bluestones answer as to why they dont allow the rank and file to choose the candidates that the union supports. "We feel that the rank and file are not informed or knowledgable enough to make those decisions." Confused

Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:49 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Make sure you vote in the poll.. Only 5 people did so far, its located on the top of the page..

Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I think ill set this one out. Very Happy

Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:16 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Dave reminded me of my Grandfather. Hard Corps Union. Just because someone is Hard Corps. Doesn't make them militant. Dave, as far as I know never implied of suggested taking the law into his own hands. And when those idiots under the leadership of Solidarity and Ken Scott broke up the ground breaking with the GM big wigs. He tried to turn them around and go back to work. He played by the rules. Towed the line. Not militaristic in any form except maybe he was organized.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
In the U.S., the top 1% of people control 90% of its wealth.

In Japan, the bottom 60% of people control 90% of the wealth.

I think that speaks volumes.

That sounds reasonable. Where did you get that?
Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Public D
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Ya want to be defined as militant just try going against the Unions ideas about who should be running the show (a democrat of course) and demanding your dues quit being used for some candidate you do not support. I still remember Irving Bluestones answer as to why they dont allow the rank and file to choose the candidates that the union supports. "We feel that the rank and file are not informed or knowledgable enough to make those decisions." :?

I totally agree with that, TwoTap. Union leaders devote more time to campaigning for Democrats than they do serving the needs of their own membership. "Sorry about the wage and benefit cuts we just negotiated. Care to donate to the V-CAP fund?" That's especially ridiculous given that Democrats haven't done squat for Labor in decades – from the local level to the White House. Hello! NAFTA; granting permanent normal trade status to China so it could become a member of the World Trade Organization; the push to privatize social security; welfare reform that provided a vast workforce (mostly women) forced to accept ever-declining wages – all BILL Clinton schemes. All conveniently beneficial to a certain retail chain (and longtime Clinton friend and financier), also out of Arkansas: Wal-mart. Yet unions (heck, most liberals & Obama) still dutifully throw their allegiance behind the Big Business Democrat machine. It's crazy. I have heard of UAW members demanding return of V-CAP contributions. Still, it's all just further proof the regular workers need to take their own destiny in their own hands. Nobody else – not union leaders nor the politicians they fawn over – ever will.

http://www.hr676.org

http://www.pnhp.org/publications/the_national_health_insurance_bill_hr_676.php
Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:29 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Why Twotap?

quote:
twotap schreef:
I think ill set this one out. Very Happy

Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:20 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Ya want to be defined as militant just try going against the Unions ideas about who should be running the show (a democrat of course) and demanding your dues quit being used for some candidate you do not support. I still remember Irving Bluestones answer as to why they dont allow the rank and file to choose the candidates that the union supports. "We feel that the rank and file are not informed or knowledgable enough to make those decisions." Confused

The same reason we can't vote for the International officers.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Thats not right, everyone pays dues, everyone should vote on all elections.

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
quote:
twotap schreef:

The same reason we can't vote for the International officers.

Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:46 pm 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Ryan,
Do you believe in a free market economy?
Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:51 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:

and 90% of statistics can be made to say anything you want 87% of the time.

Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:09 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Heck ya a free market in Flint would help a bunch of people who are struggling right now. Even though we have Super Wal Marts now, its still doesn't compare to a free market.

quote:
strattonsigns schreef:
Ryan,
Do you believe in a free market economy?

Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:00 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

As we have learned living in Flint, you can make the numbers work anyway you want.

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
Demeralda schreef:

and 90% of statistics can be made to say anything you want 87% of the time.

Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:31 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

huh?

Post Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:32 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: