FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: The Latest in Self-Defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

I have a .22 rifle, an old (made in Belgium) Browning 12 gauge, and just bought a 7.62X39mm AK-47.

Still looking for my first handgun. Had my eye on a used Sig P229 .40 cal at Gander Mountain. Went and got a purchase permit...back to Gander Mountain...nobody wanted to wait on me. I stood at the counter staring at this handgun for 5 minutes with 3 clerks behind the counter chewing the fat. I guess none of them wanted to make any money. Or maybe they're hourly. In any event, as a dyed in the wool capitalist, I'll take my hard earned American dollars elsewhere.
Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:43 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Yes it is wonder all the "dyed in the wool capitalist" that one day pay people for performance then cut out their commission because the employee is making too much money taking care of the customer. They should just be grateful to have a barely minimmum wage job and work part time hours.
Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

What do you suppose three guys standing around doing nothing are worth?

And if more people understood how capitalism worked, maybe the stores wouldn't be full of crap from China. WalMart does a pretty good business selling to people who won't pay union scale wages & benefits. Personally I won't set foot in there. But all my union buddies, who picketed when it was under construction, go there every weekend to pick up their "bargains."
Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:31 pm 
Elias
F L I N T O I D

Hey Flint Conservative,head out to the Gun Barn on M-15. Great handgun selection all other sort of firearms selection,good people and good prices and from what I have seen,people eager to wait on customers.
(Now I await a chastsing from the likes of Public D for being a brutish and nasty for knowing and liking firearms,come on Public D,don't dissapoint me,lol)
Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:14 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

OH NO not another "GUNNUT" Laughing Laughing
Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:35 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Elias schreef:
Hey Flint Conservative,head out to the Gun Barn on M-15. Great handgun selection all other sort of firearms selection,good people and good prices and from what I have seen,people eager to wait on customers.
(Now I await a chastsing from the likes of Public D for being a brutish and nasty for knowing and liking firearms,come on Public D,don't dissapoint me,lol)

Thanks for the info...I'll check them out. I'd rather spend my money at a local business than a chain anyway.
Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:23 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: