FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: "Semi-Pro" gets R rating
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

OUCH Laughing Laughing Laughing I have a feeling the movie is on a fast track to Netflix never to be heard from again.

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:07 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Netflix or Blockbuster. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Mark Bonto on Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Gosh all the negative reviews!! What about the guy who won $10,000 check??? You know he is TOTALLY from flint...

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

Actually, the movie did finish the weekend at #1, but a disappointing #1 considering Will Ferrell's track record. It grossed $15.3 million. The R rating definitely stunted the B.O. performance of this film. It makes for a weak swan song for New Line Cinema which is being absorbed into corporate sibling Warner Bros. Info at...
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20181450,00.html

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:31 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Ryan Eashoo"]
Gosh all the negative reviews!! What about the guy who won $10,000 check??? You know he is TOTALLY from flint...

Why doesn't that surprise me? Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:37 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Did you go see the movie Richard?
I was the first in line at the theater. I really liked the show and loved seeing all the Flint signs and places. We dragged another couple along as well.
The only negative thing I would say about the movie would be the language. I found it a bit crude especially for that time period, we just did not talk like that. You remember the spaced out guy who won the 10 grand, my wife keep syaing that would have been me had I stayed in Flint.
Go see it and now I'm anxious to get it on DVD for the special features.
Richard

quote:
Richard schreef:
Feb 29th is almost here and Terri and I will be the first in line to see this movie. I watched a video of Will promoting the show on "The Today" where he and Woody go two on two with Meredith and a New York Knicks player.
Let's make it the #1 movie in America....

Richard

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:24 am 
kaypurdue

I liked it pretty well. Not Will Ferrell's greatest movie, but not bad either. It was cool seeing various places around town in the movie (including the fire escape behind Flint City T-Shirts where I've hung out occasionally!), not like that eerie feeling I got when I saw those same places in "Roger and Me."

"Love Me Sexy" is still stuck in my head!
Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:04 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Its a great Family movie for sure,,, Regardless of the outcome it was a bright fun time for Flint. People were excited, people flocked from all around the state to come to Flint to see the filming. It improved some structures in the city AS WELL as showed the movie industry people that this town is a great place to film in.

quote:
Richard schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
I was the first in line at the theater. I really liked the show and loved seeing all the Flint signs and places. We dragged another couple along as well.
The only negative thing I would say about the movie would be the language. I found it a bit crude especially for that time period, we just did not talk like that. You remember the spaced out guy who won the 10 grand, my wife keep syaing that would have been me had I stayed in Flint.
Richard

quote:
Richard schreef:
Feb 29th is almost here and Terri and I will be the first in line to see this movie. I watched a video of Will promoting the show on "The Today" where he and Woody go two on two with Meredith and a New York Knicks player.

Richard

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Its a great Family movie for sure,,, Regardless of the outcome it was a bright fun time for Flint. People were excited, people flocked from all around the state to come to Flint to see the filming. It improved some structures in the city AS WELL as showed the movie industry people that this town is a great place to film in.

quote:
Richard schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Richard

quote:
Richard schreef:

Richard

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:25 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Ryan, you surely didn't mean a great "family" movie, did you? I'm reading it over and over, but sure enough you put "family" on your post.

Maybe you meant "famishing" or "familiar" or even "famous." Not family. Or maybe the family you're referring to is a group of brothers, sisters, aunts, and uncles all over the age of 18. That's what you meant, right? Surely the incredibly adult themes that were repeating themselves isn't what you were referring to.

I totally agree that regardless of the outcome, it was a fun time for Flint. True that people came from all around the state to see the filming. And you're right - it helped improved some structures in the city. I've touched base with my movie industry people, and they agree that more filming will probably be done here. Maybe with yours truly starring in it! I have to go now. I have to go get "tropical." I'm not sure what exactly that means, but the Flint team said it a lot, and we all saw where it got them - fourth place! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Shawn Chittle
F L I N T O I D

Behind the scenes video from the Flint shoots are now up. Also includes an interview with Scot Armstrong, the writer of "Semi-Pro" This is not new material, but in case you missed it here you go:
http://thestarrymessenger.blogspot.com/

FLINT/HOLLYWOOD

Sorry, but don't look for any projects with substantial budgets to be filmed in Flint unless the state's Film Office and the Flint Convention and Visitors Bureau create tax, location, lodging and transportation incentive packages.

Kent Alterman had demanded "authenticity" for Semi-Pro, and as a New Line Cinema executive AND director, he got what he wanted. It was a very rare thing to have them come all the way to Flint.

Take a look at "The Departed" - set in Boston, but a lot was filmed in NY!* Why? Because NY gave them a discount so fat they had no choice but to film in NY.

When it's cheaper to film in Flint and the surrounding area than say, Canada, they'll come. I have some of my own plans to lure Hollywood to Flint, so you'll be hearing more on that in the coming months.

*http://www.filmed-here.com/movie/The_Departed
Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:03 pm 
WHAT!?
F L I N T O I D

I wouldn't see it again. I don't think the movie did anything to help Flint; but get its name in the press again. Now Flint can be known as the City who flopped at the box office. Guess it beats being on top of the other lists.

The pic of Ryan and his date (is he married?-sorry, don't know the guy) was beyond words funny! There were a lot of high profile Flintites/Flintoids Confused at the premiere. It was a fun evening!
Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:49 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: