FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: CB Radio Overpowering TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Used to listen to sobs or special opps bureau chasing the hookers and their tricks. Skin, Redeye and Cowboy now that was entertainment. Laughing Laughing 155.685 and 156.15 for the non repeater calls. Wish I could get em up here.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:59 am 
last time here

now we're talkin!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:30 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

155.250 for lien.
It's fun when you hear a name you know. Laughing

Once heard a special ops guy whispering in the radio: "Ok, get ready, they're coming this way. Be real quiet." The response nearly blew me out of my chair: "WHAT?? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" Hope the first guy had his volume really low. Laughing Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Or the 7 little words that could really spoil the mood so to speak FLINT POLICE VICE LETS SEE YOUR HANDS. Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:50 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Once heard a special ops guy whispering in the radio: "Ok, get ready, they're coming this way. Be real quiet." The response nearly blew me out of my chair: "WHAT?? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"
Best laugh I've had in long time!
Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:02 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

While, blled over from a CB can be from extra power to the signal. Many times it's just plain poor installation of the Antenna or even the weather conditions. A good over cast day can bump the signal back down and cause it to bleed into TV's, Telephones, Radios and I've even heard of a refridgerator talking.

Finding the person and asking themt o check the ground on thier Base Antenna sometimes will fix the problem. If not!

Pin through the Coax is the recommended solution. The FCC won't really do anything unless you have a lot of people complaining.
Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Sue Namee
F L I N T O I D

You are either very close to a CB station that is using legal power, or one that is using excessive power. You are hearing a second harmonic that is three times the original transmitting frequency. (A first harmonic would be two times the original transmitting freq.) The CB band is around 27 mHz while VHF TV ch 5 transmits between 76 and 82 mHz.
Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:45 pm 
last time here

damn!!!! you GO sue!! Laughing

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:17 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Yes while people running extra power or KICKERS can come across your TV. Your ground in your own house being properly wired and the persons base station being properly grounded can affect the bleed over also. I've talked skip without any kickers on a Stack FOur Antenna and bled over three channels 600 miles away. I had people in TN, KY and OHIO all pop on to channel 23 from 19 accusing me of interferring with thier radio signals while driving down the expressway. I have bled over with my car. Using a 400W kicker and an Export radio. But I did the worst bleeding on just a plain old LEGAL CB with a poor ground.

Until I hooked up a good ground I would bleed over a 1/4 mile TV's Radios, Cordless phones in the direction that I had the antenna pointed. So, yes bleed over can be because of extra power. But it doesn't HAVE to be. However, it usually is the reason. But hey, You don't have to give anyone the benefit of the doubt. Just pin his coax and burn up his equipment! After all, he should be considerate of others when he doesn't know he is bleeding over your TV!
Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
last time here

you still got that kicker??? heh heh heh. Cool

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:38 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Actually, I do. I also still have the Mobile. I haven't installed it yet into my truck. I'm a bit affraid of installing it into a vehicle with a computer. I had it in a 1978 Dodge 4x4 and keyed it up behind a State Trooper in NC and Shut off his car. LOL

It will bleed when I PUMP IT UP. THe Radio is a export model. And old Grant or Jackson. Dead key's 3 and sings 12. On Sideband dead keys 1w and swings about 40. The Kicker matchs the radio. So it handles the swing very well.

And that Roger Beep used to really tick people off.
Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:45 am 
last time here

hey ted, who does your CB work??

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:58 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Skipland, Skipland, Skipland! Laughing

Ever picked up skip on a Police scanner? It can be a hoot.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:43 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Can't say as I have. That would be a hoot. Radio wave propagantion is not a sound science just like Electricity. Things ha[[en that just don't make sense sometimes. Cloud cover, sunspots, the auroa, humidity. You just always take everything into account. Part of what makes CBing a fun hobby.

CQ, CQ, CQ DX
Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:47 am 
Roln19s
F L I N T O I D

In my office while on the computer I can hear someone using their CB through my speakers on the computer. The volume on the computer outpur is off, but the speakers are on and are amplifiing his cb signal. He talsk real fast and sounds to be a older balck gentleman.

I live on the soutside of Flint.

I ran some 0guage Cables a a few trucks for guys who had CB radios, However that is all they had me do. They had me run SEVERAL batteries and 0guage power and ground cables from the fron to the rear of their SUVs. They had BIG CB antennas but no amp or anything else. They know how to hook up their own equipment, just wanted to pay to run the wires. They never said what they were needing so much power for, But I know. I overheard one of the guys talking about a Linear Amplifier and he can talk to people all the way down in florida.

BTW for those who don't know, 0 guage power wire is just a little bit smaller in diameter than a graden hose.

Desired Image Custom Club - Flint MI. - President
Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: