FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: BONGIORNO'S PIZZA| IT REALLY IS DELIVERY!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Welcome back biggie9!!

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
they have the full complement of toppings...not sure why Steve just listed the few he did....

Including specialty toppings of feta cheese, steak chicken & meatballs for all you meatballs out there, I mean meatball "lovers".

reg toppings: pepperoni, gr beef, ham, It sausage, bacon, gr pepper, onion & 'shrooms, pinapple, black & green olives, mild peppers, jalapenos, SALAMI [what no bologna?], tomatos, anchovies & cheddar cheeze.

Apparently like hungry Howies, they offer flavored crusts of butter, romano, gahhhhlic, cajun, sesame and "the works [all the above]"...they also do ribs, baked pasta [mostaccioli, spaget and the lasagna], chicken wings/tenders, strombolis, sandwiches, salads et al....

they have a flyer out with specials like 2 XL-pizzas w 3 items for $19.99 [is that $20.00 by another name?] 2 larges-$17; 2 mediums-$15, 2 small-$13...etc etc. They also have reduced prices on 2nd pizzas on their specialty pizzas.

Unusual offerings: Cajun swiss - Pan deep dish [yodel with an accent, I gar-an-tee]; California, Taco,, BBQ steak [as well as chciken]

Perhaps their website will have coupons for those who didn't get them.

I will give them a try, though I no longer can eat pizza the family can. They used to be 50s Pizza then Muncheez.

thats all I know.

Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

thanks for the well wishes my Flinttalk.com friends.

I am a bit abashed it took a topic on pizza to get me to post my most "meaty" message in some time.

<sigh>

I do plan to try them in the near future, though I doubt I'll be able to eat very much, if any pizza at all. I let the kids & wife establish the quality/value of pizzas these days.

Now if only one could get some good avgolemono soup in the area; as well as mousaka & pastitsio.

WHy doesn't someone open up a good Greek restaurant? I miss the place at Great lakes Technology Center ...another fine decision by GM.

Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:50 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Would ya settle for a recipe? Laughing

Avgolemono Soup (Greek Egg-Lemon Soup)
Recipe #760215 ratings
A classic and flavorful soup, originating in Greece.
by Julesong | Edit...My Notes

10 servings

2 cups milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
6 egg yolks, beaten
2 quarts chicken stock
1/2 cup long grain rice
1/4 cup butter
chopped parsley
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (or more to taste)
1 lemon, rind of, grated
salt and pepper

Stir the milk and cornstarch together and beat in the egg yolks.
Set aside.
Bring the stock to boil in a 4 quart soup pot and add the rice.
Cook, covered, until the rice is puffy and tender, about 25 min.
Remove the soup from heat, add milk and egg mixture, stirring carefully.
Continue to cook for a moment until all thickens.
Remove from the heat again and add the butter, chopped parsley, lemon juice, and finely grated lemon peel.
Note: the amount of lemon juice in this recipe has been halved from its original 1 cup amount.

http://www.recipezaar.com/7602

If not, let me know. I usually only make desserts, but for a good guy like you I might be able to make an exception.
Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:53 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

I'll make that soup! I love Greek Lemon. I have made it before, I'll try this recipe.

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Howdy Lunchlady, long time "no see". Smile

Since you are in the restaurant biz, is there anything that you get tired of making and or eating? Smile

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:39 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Hi Andi!
I don't get tired of eating anything, that's for sure. I really don't get tired of making anything either. I think I like cooking so much because I like EATING so much. I also like to know what is in the food I eat. I try to cook as healthy as possible while keeping it tasty.

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:58 pm 
Bongiornos_pizza
F L I N T O I D

hey everybody! I just wanted to take a minute to thank Steve for posting this topic! Thanks man! Also wanted to let everybody know that I am one of the owners of Bongiorno's Pizza and if you have any questions about the pizza shop I would be more then willing to answer them. Thanks again Steve.

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:19 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

I think I will be able to make the Greek Lemon soup on Wednesday.

I also think I will try Bongiornos this weekend!

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:10 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: