FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Another dangerous felon off the street
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
shintz62 schreef:
As a former Flint teacher, may I just point out that someone here is having a bad spell of weather and might better use "whether". Careful boys don't be mean. I'm a little old lady and I love all of you guys.

What school? My 4th grade teacher (at Homedale) told us that she would pay us a nickel every time we pointed out one of her spelling errors. I made some serious money that year! (But it also made me completely anal about spelling!)
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:23 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

OMG, I'm contributing to off-topic posts! Embarassed

Teacher, instead of just pointing out the error it might be helpful to set the individual straight. After all, we're all supposed to be adults here and pretty much already set in our ways.

I.e., the weather could influence whether you go outside.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:30 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ya your right about that Twist thing Laughing Laughing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvvUKFCIVOg

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:07 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

That was me. I’m the “someone here” Shintz62 was referring to. I was the guy 00SL2 was talking about to Shintz62 to “set the individual” straight about spelling.

A couple of things. First of all, Shintz62, thank you for pointing that out. It was an oversight. You got me. Not that you strayed from the topic, but I see how a spelling error had everything to do with a schoolgirl and steak knife. We’re trying to get back on track here (not that any of these threads here really stay on it) and you point out my spelling error. You’d have an absolute field day finding grammatical and spelling errors with these threads, but thank you for picking out mine. Good thing you didn’t mention names, huh? After all, no one would be able to go back through these posts and find out who it was.

Secondly, and probably most important, I’m a published author of 6 books (get your signed copy today) and a professional writer for over thirty years. I’ve written comedy pieces for nationally-renowned television shows, comedians, venues, and forums, and write speeches for many of your local officials right here in Flint. That’s right - the last joke or funny speech you heard from a local official might have been something I wrote! I have been working with professional editors and writers for many years now.

Thirdly, Shinz62, while I respect your former teaching credentials, I found several spelling and grammatical errors in your three sentences! Several! In the three sentences on your post, I picked out at least four! Wow! Like FlintConservative, I’m also anal about English and grammar, but would never bring it up around these forums. I would love to tell what exactly those obvious mistakes were if you care to private message or email me. Much like what your comment should have done.

Lastly, we love you, too. Little old ladies who are former schoolteachers and women with tattoos saying “Comedians Do It Better” are our favorites around here.

Not that we’re being mean.

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:25 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
women with tattoos saying

Allright Laughing Laughing Now yer talkin.

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:52 am 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

hey, i like that tattoo better, twotap! Razz Razz Razz btw, that was very well-put, mark! Ya winkles

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:59 am 
shintz62
F L I N T O I D

I stand chagrined. The subject pertained to school and I thought I was being funny hence "bad spell of weather". I too am a published author and must admit a spelling error in my book.
As I said I love you guys and was just trying to be funny. Mea culpa!
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:12 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Shame on me. Being the comedian, I’m sorry to say I originally didn’t see the humor in that, shitz62. Now that I do, it’s actually pretty funny!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

As I said, we love you, too. The valiant attempt at comedy was well- accepted. Not only that, but I’m probably one of the few who knows what “Mea culpa” means.

Now that that’s out of the way, what does your tattoo say?

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
shintz62
F L I N T O I D

My tattoo says "Teachers make you do it until you get it right!"
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:48 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Since old Twotap aint the brighest puppy in the litter it took me a while to catch on also. Pretty funny. Remember Rodney Dangerfield using the "Teachers make ya do it over till ya get it right" line in Back To School? Sadly as I remember the female teachers I had I gotta say I would not have wanted to do it the first time let alone repeat it. Shocked

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:11 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Same here, twotap! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I didn't realize that was a line from Back To School. Shintz62 sent the great Bonto a really nice, heartfelt private message. All is good. However, since we've really deviated from the original topic and it's evident old Twotap who ain't the brighest puppy in the litter defintiely knows his stuff about movie trivia, I'm starting a new thread. About movie quotes and trivia (you should check out my website's trivia question for this week). Hope to see you on the new thread!

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:58 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ill be there with bows on. Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:42 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Mark Bonto schreef:
I’m sorry to say I originally didn’t see the humor in that, shitz62.

Speaking of a spelling error...is that another attempt at humor?
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:22 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
quote:
Mark Bonto schreef:
I’m sorry to say I originally didn’t see the humor in that, shitz62.

Speaking of a spelling error...is that another attempt at humor?

OMG, FC, you're the man! I can't stop laughing! You are the "most anal spell-checker" of all! Laughing Laughing Laughing

First of all, it took me 10 minutes to realize what the hell you were talking about! I spell-checked, double-checked, scrutinized, and looked all over the place for an error. "Is FlintConservative crazy?" I asked myself. I couldn't understand what made that sentence wrong. I looked and looked and looked, and still nothing. Then I realized! Wow! Shocked

Let me apologize (like anyone cared or even saw it) - I did not mean to put that. Leave it to you to find that! How did that happen? I promise you that was a blunder. I'll delete that post after awhile. Let the people savor it first! If ever there were a TV show called "America's Funniest Posts" about blunders, that might be one. Then again, maybe not (BTW, I once opened for Bob Saget - he was very nice)!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:44 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

You aint shitzin twotap you sly devil. Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:06 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: