FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: How safe are "gunfree" zones?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

damn. i think homeboy is in deep trouble...i see his side and i see
the legal side. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:23 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

We had the same thing happen in Flint around 1980. !5 year old punk flees scene of BE and cop shoots him. For better or worse depending where you stand on the issue that pretty much ended police shooting at fleeing suspects. As far as Mr horn I believe it will all depend on the local prosecuting attorney. If he or she happens to be an antigun, anti self defense prosecuter like Genesee county was blessed with for so many years he could be in deep dodo. I dont believe I would care to be in his predicament but than I would have handled it much differently.

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:49 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I think Mr. Horn's in it up to his eyeballs. Laws vary by State, but nobody was in immediate danger of harm, totally eliminates any self-defense claim.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I see they had one of the dead perps gal friends on TV saying her boy friend was the most generous kindest likeable fellow you could meet. She had no idea he was invoved in criminal activity. Rolling Eyes I have to say though that anyone who tells a police dispatcher he is going outside after being told to stay in and that he plans to shoot the robbers is probably not playing with a full deck.

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:07 pm 
last time here

yeah, i saw the widow and some clown named "somebody X" on the tele.
if i was her, i'd avoid being used for mr.X's purposes. her guy was a
robber and got caught. mr.horn i agree was a bit eager. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:47 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

You ever notice that when a local thug is killed while doing something he shouldn't, the obituary is 2 feet long and full of what a nice guy he was. If he was a nice guy, he wouldn't have been where he was, doing what he was.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Interesting observation. I'd have to agree.
Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:43 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
last time here

you ever think about that even though he/she may have been a bad
seed, the person who wrote the obit and their family obviously loved
them and chose to write about the good points of their lives? Crying or Very sad

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:59 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
you ever think about that even though he/she may have been a bad seed, the person who wrote the obit and their family obviously loved them and chose to write about the good points of their lives? Crying or Very sad
Excellent point, LTH. We can love the person and abhor the aberrant or illegal behavior.
Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:45 pm 
Cory M Lorincz
F L I N T O I D

We are all one mistake away from prison, and the politicians in our governments seem to want to keep it that way.

Just like most citizens he was probably not informed of his local state and federal laws. We need these laws written in plain english, and solid campaigns to inform the population when a law is changed or a new law is written.

I agree with Two Tap I would have wounded the fleeing suspect, and took the punishment and lawsuit later.

I thought the principal of being American is looking out for your neighbor and yourself, or did they vote to change that?
Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:00 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I agree with Two Tap I would have wounded the fleeing suspect, and took the punishment and lawsuit later.

I was taught that if you must use a firearm to defend yourself you dont shoot to wound and you keep shooting until the threat is eliminated. Shooting to wound is something the Hollywood fantasy land movie makers came up with and has no basis as to what will transpire in a real life or death situation.

quote:
you ever think about that even though he/she may have been a bad
seed, the person who wrote the obit and their family obviously loved
them and chose to write about the good points of their lives?

Not really, I feel for the person who because of the acts of the perp was forced to take the perps life.

quote:
Just like most citizens he was probably not informed of his local state and federal laws.

He may not have been but if anyone plans on using a firearm to diffuse a situation they better know what they are getting into and how far they can legally go. That is why they have mandatory classes for CPL applicants to impress on them the dos and donts of walking around legally armed. I am sure their are some who believe that now that they are legally armed that they do not have to take any crap from anyone. Actually just the opposite is true and a person who is carrying must go out of their way to avoid trouble not go looking for it. I am afraid MR. Horn went looking for trouble and found plenty of it.

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:58 pm 
last time here

i expected that answer from 2tap Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

damn hard core "repubs" !!!!!!! Guy with axe

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:06 pm 
Cory M Lorincz
F L I N T O I D

Hey Two tap have you ever thought of being the spokesperson for the NRA or GOA you would be good at it.!!
Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:12 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

[/quote]damn hard core "repubs" !!!!!!!
quote:

Damn limp wristed libs. Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by twotap on Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:16 pm 
Cory M Lorincz
F L I N T O I D

[quote="last time here"]i may not have killed them but i may very well have stopped them with
a carefully placed shot and then i'd probably get sued. :[/quote]

Sorry for the typo Two Tap I should have used this quote thing. I meant to say that I agree with this statement and misqouted the name.
Post Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:16 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: