FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Don Williamson or James Stockdale??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
want a teaspoon of my geritol andi?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I would love that Geritol, only if it were a different flavor. Smile

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:58 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

bigkfly:

****I've been talking back and forth with these pro-Williamson people all week. They have not presented anything to back up a word they say and they make accusations left and right. I've been asking for sources all week.*****

Majority of the time the incumbent of any jurisdiction that is up for election will have time and recognition on their side, whereas the person that is running for the incumbent's seat will have a hard time getting the recognition and has to establish a reputation at the same time.

****I've provided my sources at the address I posted. When I get some time because I actually am busy, I will post them here on the forum hopefully over the weekend. In my response to OOSL2, I listed some my sources. I even linked a web address to an ABC12 news story. I have backed my claims up more than anyone else on this forum so don't start attacking me for "etiquette."*****

Everyone states that they're busy, but all of the time people spend touting how busy they are, they could be doing something else. I didn't attack you for forum etiquette, you would know an attack from me if there was one. Wink There are unwritten rules and written rules about how to get along in an electronic venue such as this, I was offering some advice, I take it that you'll leave it.........<shrug>

****If you are going to vote read the paper and do some research. I'm not about ready to waste my life being your encyclopedia. I understand the importance of backing up your claims, but I have achieved that end.***

Put it this way, blogs are construed as people's opinions as are these venues, but, I don't want to go to someone's blog to get information many are still online diaries, and don't state the facts pertinent to the conversation on a forum. Many bloggers get caught up in the WOW look at how many "hits" I got and just add more useless information to them. That is why blogs don't hold any water with me.

I can't vote in the Flint election. I am sorry that you feel that anyone that disagrees with you, you feel like they have not done their research or read the paper.

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:17 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Okay bigkfly,

I had a hankerin' that you were of the Young Democratic Party, not that there is anything wrong with that.........<note humor>

The goals that you have are to be commended along with the experience in the political process, BUT, in a couple of years once you get into the political arena, you will realize that it takes more than citing sources, getting out there and stomping the pavement for votes, etc.

One must realize that belonging to a "party" should not dictate all of your beliefs. You shouldn't go to a political party website and say, wow, I have to give up all of my beliefs to claim this to feel that I belong to something. You are young, you can have more degrees than a thermometer, but it still doesn't take the place of real life lessons. I visited the blog and looked at it objectively, believe it or not, and it is half political party blog along with opinion.

Good Night and Good luck.

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:35 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Does anyone know if the local chapter of the Michigan Young Democrats are still active. I was one of the founding members and sat on the Board when things first started up back in the early 80's. Is Mark Lemon still active in politics in the area? How bout Bill and Darlene Robinson? Anyone know of them?

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:24 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Howdy Bigkfly:

Some material cut[b]

You may be 23 but I have been on the Internet since you were 9...... Shocked Very Happy

Gawd, does that mean I am old?

The internet before the web; those were the days!
Old is a state of mind. Smile

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Okay bigkfly,

I had a hankerin' that you were of the Young Democratic Party, not that there is anything wrong with that.........<note humor>

The goals that you have are to be commended along with the experience in the political process, BUT, in a couple of years once you get into the political arena, you will realize that it takes more than citing sources, getting out there and stomping the pavement for votes, etc.

One must realize that belonging to a "party" should not dictate all of your beliefs. You shouldn't go to a political party website and say, wow, I have to give up all of my beliefs to claim this to feel that I belong to something. You are young, you can have more degrees than a thermometer, but it still doesn't take the place of real life lessons. I visited the blog and looked at it objectively, believe it or not, and it is half political party blog along with opinion.

Good Night and Good luck.

Thank you, Andi!
Bigkfly, I'm a conservative; not a Republican. I believe in personal responsibility, and less government control of my life. I'm in favor of helping people when they need it, not lifetime entitlements. I despise party politics because they're about getting elected & being in power instead of serving the people, which is the definition of "Public Service". When I see the State party machine lining up behind a candidate, I get suspicious of their motives.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:07 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
hah hah if repubs were in charge, ALL the plant jobs would be in china...$$$$$$

Ya your probably right I mean everyone knows that Republicans dont work for a living they just get their incomes from stealing from the poor. And of course they want to send all the jobs out of the country cause they never have kids growing up looking for employment. And dont forget they want to kick old folks out of their homes starve all the kids and deny all those illegals their rights to free housing,healthcare, drivers licenses, voting rights and education as well as putting all those disadvantaged little gangbangers in prison. And of course we all know they think that the money they earn should be theirs to spend as they please and selfishly refuse to hand it over to be redistributed to a bunch of slackers. Yup everything would be just "Rosie" (seephoto below) Shocked if the Dems could just get control of everything.

Last edited by twotap on Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:19 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
You may be 23 but I have been on the Internet since you were 9......

Gawd, does that mean I am old?

Naw it just means you been surfing for 14 years. Laughing
Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:47 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Howdy Dave,

We found the most beautiful bed and breakfast "online" back in 1994 in Minnesota for our honeymoon. It was an old carriage stop, with a widow's walk on top, it was glorious!!

We signed up for prodigy.com back in 1993 while living out here in the burbs and the local server was dial up in Pontiac, long distance!!! Those phone bills were outrageous!!!

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:07 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

TwoTap

That woman does not look like she has had three kids, although the board could be hiding her stretchmarks, so that picture gives me warm fuzzies now that I think about it!!! Very Happy

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:22 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
so that picture gives me warm fuzzies

As it does me also. Laughing
Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:16 am 
bigkfly
F L I N T O I D

For Al Garcia, the Michigan Young Democrats were recently re-organized. The Youth Caucus is now the umbrella group for youth voters. The Michigan Young Dems is mostly affiliated with Detroit youth voters. The MYD and the Michigan Federation of College Democrats come underneath the Youth Caucus. Here are websites for both:

http://www.youthcaucus.org/

http://www.mi-youngdems.yda.org/

Thank you for your interest.

Last edited by bigkfly on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:32 am 
last time here

wow..you've swallowed that stuff hook line and sinker...... Shocked Shocked

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:38 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
wow..you've swallowed that stuff hook line and sinker...... Shocked Shocked

Sometimes it takes a bit longer for the light to come on.

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:51 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: