FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Rumor Has It, Terry Bankert and Ryan Eashoo have jobs lined
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BlahBlah48439 schreef:
Notice Terry hasn't responded, that means he has something to hide.

Nothing asked for or offered. I think Williamson is best for Flint.

FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL
FIRST EDITIONWednesday,
October 10, 2007Journal Reader-Terry Bankertattorneybankert@yahoo.com

I support the re-election of Don Williamson as Flint mayor .

Here's why I have endorsed him.

Flint is at an economic crossroads, and now is not the time to change seasoned Williamson leadership for the unknown.

Flint is still recovering from the economic disaster of a state receivership.Michigan is experiencing economic hardship with billion-dollar deficits that must cause a reduction in Flint revenue.

Now is not the time to change Williamson's economic leadership.Flint citizens give credit to the incumbent when things are good and blame the incumbent when things are bad.

Flint citizens look at our city as being on the doorstep of economic revival. That's good, and credit goes to Williamson.

Flint citizens feel safer, police are on the road and our jail is open. That's good, and credit goes to Williamson.

Flint citizens look at our neighborhoods and they are cleaner with many abandoned houses torn down. That's good, and credit goes to Williamson.

Flint citizens see neighborhoods with new housing, a downtown with new buildings, our universities expanding and a community that's coming together to get the job done. That's good, and credit is given to Williamson.

We never want a return to the economic disaster that preceded him. We have that leadership in Williamson, and he deserves re-election.

Terry Bankert
Flint

Stay informed with this blogghttp://bankertsvoterguide.blogspot.com/

and The Flint Journal Election 2007http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/decision2007/
Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

here here terry...here here!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:48 pm 
BlahBlah48439
F L I N T O I D

Terry your such a kiss ass, but I love ya!
Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:46 pm 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

quote:
terrybankert schreef:
quote:
BlahBlah48439 schreef:
Notice Terry hasn't responded, that means he has something to hide.

Nothing asked for or offered. I think Williamson is best for Flint.

FLINT
THE FLINT JOURNAL
FIRST EDITIONWednesday,
October 10, 2007Journal Reader-Terry Bankertattorneybankert@yahoo.com

I support the re-election of Don Williamson as Flint mayor .

Here's why I have endorsed him.

Flint is at an economic crossroads, and now is not the time to change seasoned Williamson leadership for the unknown.

Flint is still recovering from the economic disaster of a state receivership.Michigan is experiencing economic hardship with billion-dollar deficits that must cause a reduction in Flint revenue.

Now is not the time to change Williamson's economic leadership.Flint citizens give credit to the incumbent when things are good and blame the incumbent when things are bad.

Flint citizens look at our city as being on the doorstep of economic revival. That's good, and credit goes to Williamson.

Flint citizens feel safer, police are on the road and our jail is open. That's good, and credit goes to Williamson.

Flint citizens look at our neighborhoods and they are cleaner with many abandoned houses torn down. That's good, and credit goes to Williamson.

Flint citizens see neighborhoods with new housing, a downtown with new buildings, our universities expanding and a community that's coming together to get the job done. That's good, and credit is given to Williamson.

We never want a return to the economic disaster that preceded him. We have that leadership in Williamson, and he deserves re-election.

Terry Bankert
Flint

Stay informed with this blogghttp://bankertsvoterguide.blogspot.com/

and The Flint Journal Election 2007
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/decision2007/
Post Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
BlahBlah48439
F L I N T O I D

How do you feel about Dons chance of winning since the journal endorsed WALLING? Terry?
Post Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:50 pm 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BlahBlah48439 schreef:
How do you feel about Dons chance of winning since the journal endorsed WALLING? Terry?

You do not deserve a response. You have posted the crudest thread, not this one, on the Flint Talk Board. The moderator is letting you stay so be it. Many of us share the opinion of Mr. Reyes generally.Specifically as to you who ever or what ever you are this is my protest to the moderator.

Attack ads an embarrassment
FLINT JOURNAL LETTER TO THE EDITOR
http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-10/1193932290265250.xml&coll=5
FIRST EDITION
Thursday, November 01, 2007
By Ricardo J. Reyes
Journal Reader
I find it very disturbing that people from outside Flint are making disparaging remarks about Mayor Don Williamson. Let the people of Flint choose whom they want to run this city for the next four years. Why are these ads so mean spirited? We already know that the mayor is a convicted felon, tell us something we don't know.
I am embarrassed and appalled that Mark Brewer of the state Democratic Party would use such low and vicious language to attack the mayor. Weren't "we" the Democrats outraged when the Republican Party used this same type of attack during the last presidential election? How then can we, as decent citizens, allow or encourage these types of negative ads to play a role in this election? Shame on Brewer for going to this low level during this mayoral election. I hope Dayne Walling will separate himself from these attack ads and let the people know what he is going to do for us instead of what the current administration is or is not doing.
It does not seem that a college-educated man would need to endorse a smear campaign to win an election. I, for one, cannot vote for a candidate who would use or endorse this sort of a platform to be elected. What a big turnoff. Let's clean it up.
Ricardo J. Reyes
Flint
Post Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:10 pm 
bigkfly
F L I N T O I D

How convenient. Let's ignore all the bad information about Williamson in judging his merits as an incumbent. People have a right to know the truth and to gauge a comparison between the two candidates. Williamson has revealed little about his plans for the city forcing us to critique what he has done in the past to make an informed decision. Don't blame the messenger, blame the person who is responsible for this behavior, Mayor Williamson. It is important to note that Williamson is negative too. What about the South Park ads he did comparing Stanley to a puppet master. Williamson shares more with Stanley than Walling. They both have a love of cronyism. They both waste city funds. They both have attitude problems.

Williamson's record as an ex-con is important and should not be dismissed so cavalierly. While it should not be determinative in making a decision, it does reveal his character and ties to organized crime. The problem is that Williamson is still breaking the law as Mayor. He refuses compliance with state environmental laws. He has no respect for Constitutional due process nor Flint Journal delivery boys. He used to drive around in a car painted to look like a police car even though he is not a police officer. He also violates city ordinances with those gigantic signs of his.

People like to throw around the truth like it is malleable, which it is. It can change according to perspective. However, these are some facts that don't change:

1) Don promised 7,000 jobs. Flint is the highest center of unemployment in a state of high unemployment.

2) Don has created litigation damages over $10 million and has lost the city millions in grant money. Total: over $15 million not counting attorney fees and the more recent law suits.

3) The jail will cost more than a $1 million a year. Don plans to fund this with the $500,000 a year revenue the city takes in from impound lots.

4) Don contributed $4,000 to George W. Bush.

5) Crime has doubled in the city since Don has been in office. Don has cut the police force and has yet to hire a new, permanent police chief.

6) Ed Kurtz balanced the budget. Williamson opposed Ed Kurtz and had a very public rivalry.

7) Don has used tax payer dollars for private interests including his own.

8. Don violated the rights of the Flint newspaper delivery boy who was arrested by Don for delivering papers to city hall.

9) Don approved a plan to bust a Flint nightclub and strip search everyone regardless of suspicion.

10) The Land Bank is a nationally renowned governmental organization designed to redevelop blighted property. It has been heralded as a complete success by those in the field of urban redevelopment.

11) Don dumped a truck full of manure on a picket line of striking workers. He also told one of his managers to buy a truck full of pizza and soda for the employees who refused to sign his version of the employment contract.

12) He hired an ex-Sheriff, who lost his position due to improprieties on the job, to drive him around in his car painted with the word "police" on the side.

13) Don hired individuals who are accused of assaulting Flint citizens.

14) Don is being sued for sexual harassment and racial discrimination.

15) Don is an ex-con who served time in jail.

16) Many of Flint's parks have fallen into disrepair under Don's watch. Also, Don illegally dumped waste in violation of state environmental standards at his Grand Traverse dump site. He refused to comply after the problem was brought to his attention.

There are 16 facts you should think about before you decide to not vote for someone just because he is a Democrat or younger than 40.
Post Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:40 pm 
last time here

hey dude. i don't care what age dayne is.
experience is the factor for me.
i have seen improvement. Laughing

Post Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:52 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
bigkfly schreef:
You're repeating yourself far too much, kid. Razz
Post Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:21 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Terry and I still don't have city jobs![b] [/b]

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

fly's awful quiet these days!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:57 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Sounds like someone isn't happy, who cares who Mayor Williamson donates HIS money to?

quote:
bigkfly schreef:
How convenient. Let's ignore all the bad information about Williamson in judging his merits as an incumbent. People have a right to know the truth and to gauge a comparison between the two candidates. Williamson has revealed little about his plans for the city forcing us to critique what he has done in the past to make an informed decision. Don't blame the messenger, blame the person who is responsible for this behavior, Mayor Williamson. It is important to note that Williamson is negative too. What about the South Park ads he did comparing Stanley to a puppet master. Williamson shares more with Stanley than Walling. They both have a love of cronyism. They both waste city funds. They both have attitude problems.

Williamson's record as an ex-con is important and should not be dismissed so cavalierly. While it should not be determinative in making a decision, it does reveal his character and ties to organized crime. The problem is that Williamson is still breaking the law as Mayor. He refuses compliance with state environmental laws. He has no respect for Constitutional due process nor Flint Journal delivery boys. He used to drive around in a car painted to look like a police car even though he is not a police officer. He also violates city ordinances with those gigantic signs of his.

People like to throw around the truth like it is malleable, which it is. It can change according to perspective. However, these are some facts that don't change:

1) Don promised 7,000 jobs. Flint is the highest center of unemployment in a state of high unemployment.

2) Don has created litigation damages over $10 million and has lost the city millions in grant money. Total: over $15 million not counting attorney fees and the more recent law suits.

3) The jail will cost more than a $1 million a year. Don plans to fund this with the $500,000 a year revenue the city takes in from impound lots.

4) Don contributed $4,000 to George W. Bush.

5) Crime has doubled in the city since Don has been in office. Don has cut the police force and has yet to hire a new, permanent police chief.

6) Ed Kurtz balanced the budget. Williamson opposed Ed Kurtz and had a very public rivalry.

7) Don has used tax payer dollars for private interests including his own.

8. Don violated the rights of the Flint newspaper delivery boy who was arrested by Don for delivering papers to city hall.

9) Don approved a plan to bust a Flint nightclub and strip search everyone regardless of suspicion.

10) The Land Bank is a nationally renowned governmental organization designed to redevelop blighted property. It has been heralded as a complete success by those in the field of urban redevelopment.

11) Don dumped a truck full of manure on a picket line of striking workers. He also told one of his managers to buy a truck full of pizza and soda for the employees who refused to sign his version of the employment contract.

12) He hired an ex-Sheriff, who lost his position due to improprieties on the job, to drive him around in his car painted with the word "police" on the side.

13) Don hired individuals who are accused of assaulting Flint citizens.

14) Don is being sued for sexual harassment and racial discrimination.

15) Don is an ex-con who served time in jail.

16) Many of Flint's parks have fallen into disrepair under Don's watch. Also, Don illegally dumped waste in violation of state environmental standards at his Grand Traverse dump site. He refused to comply after the problem was brought to his attention.

There are 16 facts you should think about before you decide to not vote for someone just because he is a Democrat or younger than 40.

Post Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: